“Great Price, Great Place, Great Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Esta Motels IV
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20902 Coastal Highway, Dewey Beach, DE DE 19971   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Leesport, Pennsylvania
“Great Price, Great Place, Great Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have stayed at Sea Esta numerous times (Mostly at Sea Esta 4, but recently at Sea Esta 3)! We have always had an enjoyable stay! The staff at 3 went out of their way to see that we were comfortable and had access to any and everything we needed! The rooms were clean, the AC was cold! When our TV would not work after getting checked in, they made sure that they got it working! They were able to change our room to one with a better AC unit, but were willing to call in the repair guy if needed! We will stay at any of the Sea Esta's at anytime, given the fact that in the past three visits, we have not had even one tiny problem, that was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. Try getting this safe friendly, prompt service form some of the big named hotels!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
WELCOME
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I Called To Book a room After I Received an Email Confirming my Reservation and was told The Price went up $50 From when I got the email 6 days ago ..Now i Never Told Them To hold The room..And They do Have Rooms available...But I Have to Pay the Inflatted Price..Because Its a Busy Weekend....Is this Fair Practice?...ADIOS..SEA-ESTA!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
We are like any other hotel and our rates do fluctuate based on the time and demand. The quote sent to you was a week old and was quotes correctly for that time. It has always been that if you book first you are normally going to get the best rates. I am sorry we were not able to keep a rate quote open indefinitely until you have time to make up your mind.
I do truly apologize if this offends you, but it is how the travel industry has worked for as long as I have been working in it. We try to be a very affordable and clean property that does all we can to accommodate our guests and strive to make their stays with us the best they can be, but at the end of the day we are also a business that wants to stay in business. We are still very reasonably priced compared to the other hotels around us.
Once again I am sorry we were not able to hold the rate open for you longer, but our rates have always been subject to change without notice. Had you have booked the rate earlier when we first quoted we would have of coursed honored the rate for your stay, unfortunately you decided to wait a week before booking the room with us.
eASTERN pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed here many time in the past. The last two times I was there the rooms smelled of smoke, the linens were wrinkled like someone slept in them before. The towels even has dirty marks on them at check in. This used to be such a nice place to visit and dog friendly. Be aware this year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your last stay with us. We do strive to exceed all expectations of our guests and I do apologize that we did not. Please know that the quality of you other past stays is what we strive to attain, and will keep doing our best to obtain.
I do not want to bore you with what our policies are as to changing sheets after every guest since that is what all hotels do, but instead I would like to re-assure you that this is an out of the ordinary event for us and definitely not the norm for our property.
I do wish you would give us another chance to prove this to you. If you would please think about giving us this opportunity I can promise that your stay will be what you have come to expect from the Sea Esta Motels.

Brandon Morris
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This motel is not for those in want of luxury. My first stay here was last year, solo and off season as I did some surf fishing. This year I took my wife 10/24-25 for just a little get away and again off season. The cost ... $45/night less 10% AAA.! Can't beat that with a stick. For that you get the basics and a bit more. Refrig, micro, ironing board and iron, cleaning and turn down service, ice machine, coffee maker (yuck - find a Wawa), TV with HBO and ample towels and plenty of hot water. The negatives: forget the pool, you'll be well aware of your neighbor's habits, the traffic noise can be disturbing and the mattress lumpy. But its clean and cheap. So enjoy the beach, the shopping and the restaurants and if you drink enough wine you'll sleep like a baby. See my restaurant review.

Room Tip: I suggest the second or third floor as car headlights are a bother on the first.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

The rooms are sufficient, clean but alittle small for 4 people. But loved that we could bring our dog with us. The pool is small and in a weird place under the hotel so no sun gets to it - and you can't lay out by the pool, but I am a beach person so that wasn't an issue for me but it was for my two kids. Coffee in the morning was decent. Everything was close, food, gas right next store and all the shops were close, and any beach to go and check out - we had a great time and would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room you choose would be good to ask for. The elevator is situated in the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We found bugs in the bed and later developed severe bites. Reported to the hotel and got very little response. Called back a few days later and they had no record of my report. To date, almost 2 weeks later, we've not heard that they exterminated or inspected the room. Poor service and responsiveness to this issue.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
WELCOME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Clean rooms...And Other Than the pool being Small...We Found ourselves the Only Ones in it..Most Of Our Trip...LOL!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sea Esta Motels IV? Share your experiences!