“"Great "long" weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic View Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dewey Beach
Atlantic View Hotel
You added Atlantic View Hotel to your Saves list
2 Clayton St, Dewey Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“"Great "long" weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was our fourth year to stay and each year it gets better! It may not be the fanciest place in the world, but it is very clean and comfortable. We came for a shopping weekend, were close to everything, and yet had the pleasure of beachfront accomodations. The staff was fantastic and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. The new lobby was amazing. A delicious breakfast was an added bonus. We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend and look forward to next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Trip was for 4 days for business so get work done.

Pros - Location. Five steps from the beach. Room smelled good & was clean.

Cons - Needs updating but it was ok. Older hotel. My first night, there was someone in the room above & the floors squeak terribly, like an old house! It was annoying! Walls are thin too. Staff was just ok, but I was working most of the time so didn't see many staff. WiFi kept going out and I was working! On my last night there the cable kept going out! Slider door doesn't lock. Maid poured water on the balcony above which poured down on my balcony! Hello!?

Won't go back, but got a lot done.

• Stayed November 2012
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've taken my grandchildren here every summer since they were quite small, chosing it because it is right on the beach, and has a pool that is shaded in the afternoon. They did some remodeling in the last year, and the reception area is nice, larger, and well organized which matters since they do a cereal/muffins/juice breakfast. Good beach food is nearby, too. It is small, and basic, but for kids it is just the ticket. For the price, the Atlantic View is a real winner. You need to book early since they have lots of annual return guests. We will be there again next summer.

Room Tip: No elevator, so think about whether you need first, second, or top floor (which would be quieter, th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Atlantic View Motel in Dewey Beach. My experience has always been wonderful. Clean, no-frills rooms, comfortable beds, excellent staff. Oh heck everything about Atlantic View is wonderful. I could sit and watch the ocean day and night, if I didn't have to pull myself away to go eat some fantastic food in Rehoboth. Stay here, you won't regret it. I want to go right now!

Trolly service into Rehoboth Beach boardwalk is a real plus in Dewey. It's expensive and hard to park in Rehoboth!

Almost forgot, the pool is good too. On the small side but I don't really swim anyway, just float around.

Room Tip: I always stay ocean front.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were only in town for one night and decided to stay at the Atlantic View for the night. We normally stay in Rehoboth Beach at the Avenue Inn, owned by the same company as the Atlantic View. We had wanted to stay at the Atlantic View for quite some time as we both love the ocean and knowing how the Avenue Inn is operated we knew that the Atlantic would be just as great a stay.
I called to make the reservations and spoke with Shirley, very friendly and helpful on what room(s) were available. So I booked an ocean front queen room on the 3rd floor.
We loved the beach/ocean front room! We set the suitcase down and walked right out onto the balcony and just drank in the view (before our tummies told use it was time for dinner!)
Couple things, the room was very nice, but kinda small, not sure I could do an entire week in one, but that's me. Plus Dewey Beach has no boardwalk. But if you're really into being on the beach all day in a quiet resort town, this is the place for you. We're just not ones for laying out on the beach all day. We like being more in the center of the action on Rehoboth Ave.

There's no elevator so if stairs are an issue keep that in mind and book a ground floor room. The web site isn't as descriptive of the rooms as I would have hoped that's why I called to make the reservation, and I might have missed it but I didn't see the wine and cheese and cookies in the evening listed on the web site like at the Avenue Inn, so it was a pleasant surprise that they have these at the Atlantic View too!

Bottom Line: We will be back, probably for a night or two before moving into Rehoboth Beach at the Avenue Inn. The Atlantic View is another homeroom hotel for Seaboard Hotels, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Remember the rooms are walk up, they charge 25 cents for ice from the machine, which Ive never seen...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked this motel based on Tripadvisor reviews, as we had never visited the Delaware beaches. We were pleased with everything about this motel! It was exceptionally clean and well cared-for. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than you usually get at a motel. We bicycled to and from Rehoboth Beach. The bike lanes are wider than found in most places. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Book enough in advance to get a beach-front room. You will not be disappointed with the view!
Lehigh Valley, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our first stay at the Atlantic View and certainly not our last. A friendly welcoming staff, a clean comfortable room with all the expected modern amenities, a tastefully appointed lobby that speaks of quiet homey elegance and charm. I guess it should come as no surprise, as this place is run by the same good folks who own the fantastic Avenue Inn in neighboring Rehoboth Beach. As such, all the extra touches (wine, cookies, breakfast) that make that place so special are repeated here, but I think to even greater effect. Many hotels offering great ocean views seem to think they don't have to bother offering high levels of service, cleanliness or nice luxury touches, but the Atlantic View gets it right, and the addition of these touches of hospitality set it far above the competition. It is an older building, and a bit more rustic than its luxurious counterpart in Rehoboth, but that only adds to its smaller, intimate 'beach house' charm. The view from our ocean-front room was simply amazing, but what will make us come back is the overall quality and attention to detail.

Room Tip: You'll want Ocean Front rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor, as they feature private balconies!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantic View Hotel? Share your experiences!