“Don't waste your money here disgraceful quality and service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bellbuoy Motel

Bellbuoy Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dewey Beach
Bellbuoy Motel
Save Saved
You added Bellbuoy Motel to your Saves list
21 Van Dyke St, Dewey Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
“Don't waste your money here disgraceful quality and service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend. Quality of my room is very poor and beds are terribly uncomfortable. It's expensive for the lack of quality. Also very outdated. Feels very low class. Will never recommend to friends or family. Would advise everyone not to waste their money here. Hated my stay here. Would rather sleep with a bum on a bench than support the existence of this establishment.

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were hesitant to book this smaller motel after reading a few of the negative views about smelly, not clean, and rude. Our room was very clean, no moldy smell, and everything worked from the a/c and shower to toilet, microwave and little fridge. If you want fancy with amenities like pool and hot tub, then go elsewhere. But if you want friendly, clean, smaller and quiet with the beach right at the end of the block then this is perfect. We will book the same room again here next year. They had plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner. They even gave us an extra hour till 12 since my husband wanted to enjoy the beach a little longer and the room was not booked yet. It was so nice to be able to come back to the room, use the bathroom for my husband, and relax in the room while my husband stayed on the beach longer. We stayed on the 2nd floor which has a spacious deck.
Some rooms take dogs, and even the dogs were friendly and quiet. There were no noisy parties. Dewey beach was rated one of two best beaches in Delaware. If you like a quiet, laidback and not crowded beach with a room so close to the beach this is it!

About five blocks away on Wednesday nights from about mid June through August they have night bonfires with bring your own hot dogs and s'more makings, and on Wednesday nights movies. We enjoyed getting to see dogs at the beach roughly before 9 and after 5 and the owners were good about cleaning up. Rehoboth is only five min. north for all the commercial places to enjoy, although Dewey does have about 1/2 mile of places to shop and eat.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has a has deck area and the laundry room is right there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is close to the beach that was my best memory. I was very disappointed. My last stay was over 9 years ago. On entering the room you smell mold. There is nothing nautical in the dark room. I wore flip flops the whole time. "maid service" consists of emptying out the trash, removing used towels & replacing with new ones.

• Stayed July 2012
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Love this motel!!! For those complainers - It's not a fancy resort, It's a place to sleep. This motel is very clean and the staff/owners (previous owners and new owners) are very helpful and so nice! I live in NJ and come to Dewey to enjoy this beautiful beach almost every year! NJ beaches can't compare to Dewey Beach! So many things to do and see and all within walking distance or jump on the Jolly Trolly and ride into Rehoboth. I highly recomend!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is 100% the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed at. They're lucky they're in Dewey Beach because otherwise no one would ever stay there. The rooms smell, everything leaks, I wouldn't walk on the carpets without shoes, and no one even cleans the room while you're there. The only thing this place is suitable for is a bunch of drunk college kids, but the owner acts like it's a family establishment and screams at visitors to leave and tries to enforce quiet hours and threatens to call the cops. I can't imagine any parents actually bring their children here. For how expensive it is, just spend the extra $50 and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My family and I stayed here September 16 weekend for my step daughter's wedding, it was a very nice place, very friendly people, clean and perfect location near the beach, best of all I got to bring my little girl-pug-Daisy Duke-she had a blast and so did we, we will stay here again on our next visit to Dewey Beach!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I've have been staying at this hotel my whole life, and used to be known by name by the old owners. Since this year new owners have taken over and this hotel and it has suffered because of that. Some friends and I were staying at the hotel for my birthday weekend. When we checked in we had mayor issues with the owner and manager with parking (only 1 car per room). Finally making us park across the street...They were so rude to me and my friends repeatedly, and then would turn around and tell us a great place to get a margarita, TALK ABOUT BI-POLAR! I actually work in the hospitality business myself, and I would never dream of treating a hotel guest like how we were treated this weekend. My friends and I will never come back ever! Also make a note, that they no longer have a maid service, and only clean the rooms when you check out. Talk about lacking in customer care for and outrageous price! Go Somewhere else and save your money!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bellbuoy Motel? Share your experiences!