“Overall a good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Warrington, PA
“Overall a good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights on a short family vacation and found everything to be very nice. I usually don't stay in hotels of this type, but the price was very competitive when you book early (out of curiosity, I checked the rates when I was already there and they were almost triple what I paid, so book well in advance if you want the best deal). This is a newer hotel and everything feels clean, fresh, and modern. The rooms are a decent size with very modern furnishings (very comfortable chairs and beds!). We even used the sofa bed and found it to be very comfortable. The (indoor) salt water pool is not real deep, but is large enough and well maintained. Our room overlooked the pool area (no outside view). This is a plus if you want a quieter room, but there really isn't much to look at. Speaking of quiet, I believe the hotel was almost full to capacity, but never really felt 'crowded', except breakfast.
Now as a hotel catering more to business travelers, it seems sort-of out of place in a beach town surrounded by smaller, older mom and pop hotels and other businesses, and I'm not sure how many people are taking advantage of that free Wall Street Journal. The breakfast was decent, but it would have been nice if it was served a little later (during my trip, they cleaned it up at 9:30 sharp, and it was pretty packed towards the end).
Anyway, there really isn't a lot of choices in Dewey, especially when staying with multiple people who do not want to share beds, so I would definitely stay here again if I were to come back to Dewey Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool for a quieter room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HyattPlaceDewey, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
MBZ32190,

Thank you for your review and if you are to ever find yourself in Dewey Beach again we will be honored to have you stay with us.

Hyatt Place Dewey Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We visited from July 24-28. When we arrived around 1:30 the front desk said our room would most likely be ready by 2:30-3 and that we should call from the beach to check. I called around 3 and was told our room was ready and it just needed inspected. After waiting about 30 while someone said they were checking I was finally told it in fact was not ready, nor was it cleaned yet. We waited until approximately 4:30 until it was available. The people were front desk were very apologetic but still frustrating. I would have just stayed at the beach and waited had I known it was not ready.

The room was fairly clean when we arrived and size comfortable. Issues from then continued as room would not be cleaned until well after 4 each day and when it was cleaned, cleaning staff would not leave soap or leave more than one towel or they were out of towels and then had to wait until more were available. We were out of tissues and they were not replaced at all in 3 days. As a test my son put a cheese curl on the floor two days into our arrival and it was never picked up and just left to lay.

Parking another issue as we returned after dinner one night and the lot was completely full from other restaurant establishments and there were not spots left for guest.

Ice Machines, there are only two ice machines for the entire hotel and they are located on second level. The ice machines were pretty much emptly the majority of the time.

All in all I have to say the front desk staff tryed very hard in order to make sure things were done, I am hoping these are growing pains from being a fairly new hotel and not used to have full accomodations. Would we give it another try, yes!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be away from the elevators. We stayed in rooms right off elevators and it was...
JillPhiladelphia,

I would like to extend an apology for any challenges you incurred during your stay. I am however pleased that you would give us another try and in doing so I know we will get the opportunity to WOW you the way we do so many of our guest. Thank you for the review and we look forward to a return visit from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with 3 other adults recently for 4 nights and I can't fault this hotel. After looking at all hotels in the area we were all extremely happy that we picked this one. The rooms were very spacious and cleaned to a very high standard daily. The fact that they had a laundry room in the hotel with a charge of only $1 per load was an added bonus. We had a car and parking wasn't an issue for us. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
Sammyjo635,

We 100% look forward to you staying with us again.

Safe travels and well wishes,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great beach hotel. Beautiful room and excellent staff - particularly an individual named Dave at the front desk. He made the whole family feel very welcome - including our dog. Housekeeping did a very good job. Underground parking kept the car out of the sun. Dog friendly, excellent breakfast, room cleaning and walking distance to the beach are great assets. We will stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
travel2014165,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel and also for bringing along your furry family member. Dave sends a personal thank you for the kind words about him. We look forward to your next visit.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We normally spend our beach vacations in Rehoboth, as we are not party crazed nor traveling with little kids and loooooove really good restaurants. But we needed two rooms and Hyatt met our needs for pricing and dates this time; I will most assuredly return!
There were just a couple of blips with the reservation (given king rooms instead of double queen) and some minor things, but the staff was very eager to help whenever they could.
BEDS AND PILLOWS ARE HEAVENLY, and the hotel is very clean (it is new, but still....hard to keep things up at the beach and with so many pets and young children...I was pleased)
I was surprised at how quiet our rooms were, considering Dewey's reputation. We felt like our privacy was protected and we were in our own oasis. Spacious rooms and bathrooms, thoughtful design. Did I mention the pillows??
The morning breakfast does get crowded for the last half hour, and management might consider extending hours for at least partial service. Nevertheless, it was a full breakfast presented by cheerful staff and I was very glad to have the option! Starbucks coffee/lattes served at the desk for an extra cost and the morning paper (WSJ) is offered for free.
The cucumber water in the lobby in the afternoons is a welcome refresher.
So many people were so rude to the staff there, but they handled themselves professionally. Relax peeps, you're on vacation! Hyatt Place provides an excellent option to get the vacay started!
p.s. I love the pillows!

Room Tip: first floor is for pets (surcharge applies); avoid parking in marked condo spots; the Jolly Trolley...
bleslie,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and thank you again for the kind words. The staff works very hard here at the hotel and appreciate you acknowledging that. Anytime you are ready to come back just let us know and we will definitely have those HEAVENLY pillows waiting.

Many Thanks,

Hong Kong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel lot is terribly structured. They share it with some condo owners. The markings are no longer clear in many of the spots. The risk here is that if you park in one of the wrong spots, thinking it is a hotel spot, the condo owner can/will have you towed.
The hotel never informed me of the risk of towing. They called around 9:30pm to inform me I'd parked in a condo spot-never mentioned someone was on their way to tow the car. I thought I could just move it the next day. Nope-my car was gone the next morning. Towed 20 miles. Not only did they not offer to give me a ride to the towing place (75$ for the taxi), the manager became combative and implied I was lying that the hotel didn't inform me my car was about to be towed. Sorry, but I think I would have responded ASAP if I'd been told that. $220 for the towing charge. Being towed from a hotel parking lot is NOT a risk I should have to worry about as a guest of the hotel.
Otherwise, tiny "pool" like all the rest of these midmarket hotels. It's new though so rooms are nice enough, and breakfast above average. Location to beach also decent. Don't go for service though and beware the parking!

mageight,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We do apologize for any struggles that you may have occurred while staying with us.

Best Wishes,

Roanoke,VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here while visiting Dewey Beach on vacation. This hotel is kept up nice for the location and the amount of people that frequent it. The beds are very comfortable, staff very inviting and friendly, also the free morning breakfast is very organized and filling. You can't go wrong by staying here!

• Stayed July 2014
HyattPlaceDewey, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Tanisha79,

Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Best Wishes,
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach

Been to Hyatt Place Dewey Beach? Share your experiences!