“Simply The Best!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Dewey Beach
PA
“Simply The Best!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

While roadtripping back home from Ocean City, MD, I decided to take the scenic route and to find a place for me and my family to eat breakfast. I was in the mood for a mom & pop style place for I had it with the cardboard bagels from DD and the like. Sunrise was a little place tucked on the corner with non sufficient parking...I thought that's it lets go there because there isn't a parking space to be had, so they must be good (my reasoning is kooky , I know).
We went in and were seated at a table a family had just left. The waitress informed us of the local favorites so instead of the french toast, we all opted for the pancakes, all except my 6yr old grandson. He chose a bagel and cream cheese.
When our orders were brought out... I couldn't believe my eyes, the pancake was the size of a large tortilla wrap. There were 5 stripps of bacon and a huge pile of scrambled eggs...needless to say the orders required two plates each. When I pored the syrup onto the pancakes and took a bite it was like a symphony on cloud 9.
It was the fluffiest yet light and flavorful pancake I had ever eaten. The texture was beautiful, as some pancakes are either doughy or mealy...these were more of a crepe texture but in a hefty pancake...PERFECTION.
The bacon was smoky and done to a perfect crispness yet chewiness and the eggs were just a flavorful mound of meltiness. light yet firm.
I am from Philadelphia...I will will roadtrip to Sunrise just for the pancakes alone...it's my treat to myself whenever I feel I want one. Next time I think I'll try the French Toast...can't wait

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newark, Delaware
“They get it right everytime I eat there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is a great place in Dewey to have breakfast, they also serve lunch but I have never experienced lunch because when I leave there after breakfast I am too stuffed to think about lunch. They get breakfast right EVERYTIME I have eaten there. Wonderful staff, mixed with great food is such a bonus to have in the small town of Dewey Beach!

Visited May 2014
Charlestown
“Family feeling.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Terrific omelets and more than enough of everything. Wait staff were very prompt in checking on us. It was nice to see happy families in the morning and lots of locals eating there. The prices were right and we enjoyed our morning breakfast.

Visited April 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Breakfast meal that served good size portions. Winter visit as we noticed going inside that several tables were full which is a good sign that the food is good. Not a gourmet breakfast, it filled us up,we were happy, but nothing over the top just average breakfast meal. We both had the eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns. Would recommend.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Annual stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I would give this place a higher rating but my husband found 2 hairs in his food. Yes, I know this can happen anywhere but 2 of them. Wear a hair net. They exchanged his food promptly but breakfast was already ruined.

• Visited September 2013