“Okay motel for a decent price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Oceanside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dewey Beach
Atlantic Oceanside Motel
You added Atlantic Oceanside Motel to your Saves list
1700 Highway 1, Corner of McKinley & Hwy One, Dewey Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Okay motel for a decent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went there for a few days and wanted a place for a decent price and we got what we expected. Nothing fancy but nice and clean motel close to the ocean. The pool is also pretty clean and the deck is a good place to hang out. The motel is close to seveal pubs/bars/restaurants. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are noisy. The rooms with King size bed are quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlantic M, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Motel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Tydrukuke, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will stay again! We have several plans to update the rooms this winter, so we hope you can come back and see the changes! Sincerely, the management team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
MD Eastern Shore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We recently stayed for just a two day get away - our room #110 was facing the pool (which was clean and well maintained) was equiped with a small fridge & microwave. Both worked fine. There is no coffee maker in the rrom but free coffee is available in the office. The room is simple and a bit dated but for these prices it was fine. The ice machine costs a quarter - but I think it is just to prevent waste because when I asked for change - they actually gave me the quarter to use. The room had a table and two chairs - no other seating. The TV looked new - but there are only 5 channels available - you can go to the office and they have a catalog of movies you can request.
The proximity to the beach is excellent - turn left at the attached Subway Sandwhich place and walk 25 yards and you are there. In the other direction is a Dairy Queen - across the street are multiple eating choices. We parked the car when we arrived and didn't use it again till we checked out.
The beach is pet friendly as well with limited hours during the summer months but longer times in the off season. Dogs are supposed to be leashed on the beach however some people thought that rule did not apply to them.
The staff was nice and helpful whether answering a question via phone or in person.
I would definately stay there again

Room Tip: Ground floor is perfect for traveling with pets - walk out the door and there you are.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic M, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Motel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Baxter, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Dewey Beach is a great place for pets, after Sept. 15 you are permitted to have your dog on the beach at any time, which is nice! We hope to see you back again soon! The Management team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at this motel - August 2012 It is a modestly priced motel but my wife and I were very pleased not only with the cleanliness but also the friendly staff. It is not a 5 star hotel but it has a pleasant all around seaside charm.The beds were comfortable and the rooms come with a microwave and small refrigerator.It is about a block to the beach or the bay. This motel even has a well maintained pool. We have stayed at numerous motel in Dewey Beach over the years --Atlantic Oceanside motel is one of the best & we will be vacationing there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ruger512, Thank you for writing a positive review of your stay with us! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Dewey Beach! We look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the near future. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review! The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The only thing this place has going for it is that it's close to thebeachhead and has free wifi. If a motel has a sign posted on their mirrors regards the cost to clean up bodily fluids, that should be your first flag to run the other way. I know prices are inflated during summer weekends so I set my expectations low but this was just despicable. If a motel charges more than a 4-star hotel in the heart of NYC, then they can afford to dump a few hundred bucks per room in improving the place...they need to do so urgently. The room smelled, the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were stained, I nearly pulled a muscle trying to get the sink to turn on since the faucet was broken, the shower jumped from ice cold to scalding hot with no adjustment, and the walls are so thin you can hear the entire conversation of the people in the room next door. Ahhh...you're guaranteed a good night's sleep....the beds were the most uncomfortable thing I've slept on in my entire life - springs popping out....pillows were worse. My grandmother had the same quilt at her house in the early 90s so I'm sure theirs is about the same age. Towels were small and scratchy, TV got 3 channels that we're all fuzzy. Other guests were quite loud at night...definitely welcoming of the young partying crowd. The best part....after checking in, another couple came in to inquire about vacancies and were quoted a lower price than we paid online with no 2 night requirement.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlantic M, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear HLescape,
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable and safe motel lodging in our small beach town. We follow an annual schedule for updates to the building and rooms. We offer clean, comfortable motel lodging at a competitive price. Sincerely, The Management Team & staff
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very clean, pleasant room. Glad to have the refrigerator for my restaurant leftovers. Did not use the pool-- it looked small but seemed clean and others were enjoying it. Lobby staff were friendly and courteous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear GrannyA42,
Thank you very much for your positive review! We value your honest opinions and look forward to serving you in the future! Sincerely, The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I along with my brother and his family stayed that this motel in July. Our first evening there started the vacation off bad. We took the kids to the pool to cool off and as i sat down in one of the chairs at the pool the entire left side of the plastic chair broke off and sent me crashing to the concrete. I came down on my elbow and wrist/hand on my left side. I was in terrible pain so my husband said I needed to report it to the front desk. Within 10 minutes of the injury I reported it to the person in the office for the evening. At this point this is where I decided we would never stay at this property again. The man in the office had no concern what so ever for my injury, he actually acted put out by the fact that I was hurt. At no point did he ever ask if I was ok. Within 20 mins of speaking with him another male and a female came to the pool area and were very agitated and started to throw the chair I was on out into the parking lot along with about 8 other chairs that were cracked and potentially dangerous for other guests. Nothing was said to us for the remainder of our stay about how I was feeling. When we checked out once again I was never asked if I was ok. I returned to PA and went to the doctors to have my arm checked. I have a contusion and inflammation and pain shooting up my arm into my shoulder. I really should seek legal counsel due to the negligence of the staff to check the furniture they provide at the poolside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Patricia,
We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and we certainly hope that you are in good health! We hire many employees during the summer so that we can keep up with the influx of summer traffic in our small beach town. Our goal is to make our beach lodging property clean, comfortable and safe for all guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The Management team and staff at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Dewey for a few days and stayed here. We booked the King efficiency suite and were pleasantly surprised. It had a full fridge, a sink, a little stove, and was furnished with paper plates, silverware, etc. Helped us save a ton of precious beach time and money not having to eati out for every meal. Is it a luxury hotel? No. But it was clean and comfortable and the location is great. You don't even have to cross the street to get to the beach. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

As a side note, we didn't use the pool but did stop by and check it out one evening. It is small, but looked really nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic M, Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review! We value you as a customer and hope you will return again soon! The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 12 in Dewey Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 362 reviews
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#18 of 29 in Rehoboth Beach
The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
#3 of 29 in Rehoboth Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 771 reviews

Been to Atlantic Oceanside Motel? Share your experiences!