“Negligence” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Oceanside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dewey Beach
Atlantic Oceanside Motel
You added Atlantic Oceanside Motel to your Saves list
1700 Highway 1, Corner of McKinley & Hwy One, Dewey Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
“Negligence”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I along with my brother and his family stayed that this motel in July. Our first evening there started the vacation off bad. We took the kids to the pool to cool off and as i sat down in one of the chairs at the pool the entire left side of the plastic chair broke off and sent me crashing to the concrete. I came down on my elbow and wrist/hand on my left side. I was in terrible pain so my husband said I needed to report it to the front desk. Within 10 minutes of the injury I reported it to the person in the office for the evening. At this point this is where I decided we would never stay at this property again. The man in the office had no concern what so ever for my injury, he actually acted put out by the fact that I was hurt. At no point did he ever ask if I was ok. Within 20 mins of speaking with him another male and a female came to the pool area and were very agitated and started to throw the chair I was on out into the parking lot along with about 8 other chairs that were cracked and potentially dangerous for other guests. Nothing was said to us for the remainder of our stay about how I was feeling. When we checked out once again I was never asked if I was ok. I returned to PA and went to the doctors to have my arm checked. I have a contusion and inflammation and pain shooting up my arm into my shoulder. I really should seek legal counsel due to the negligence of the staff to check the furniture they provide at the poolside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlantic M, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Patricia,
We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and we certainly hope that you are in good health! We hire many employees during the summer so that we can keep up with the influx of summer traffic in our small beach town. Our goal is to make our beach lodging property clean, comfortable and safe for all guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The Management team and staff at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Dewey for a few days and stayed here. We booked the King efficiency suite and were pleasantly surprised. It had a full fridge, a sink, a little stove, and was furnished with paper plates, silverware, etc. Helped us save a ton of precious beach time and money not having to eati out for every meal. Is it a luxury hotel? No. But it was clean and comfortable and the location is great. You don't even have to cross the street to get to the beach. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

As a side note, we didn't use the pool but did stop by and check it out one evening. It is small, but looked really nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic M, Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review! We value you as a customer and hope you will return again soon! The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel for two nights this past weekend. Check in was very fast and the office staff were very friendly. There was also free coffee in the office and the staff gave great advice on places to dine. Our room (214) had a mini fridge, microwave, and cabinets for storing snacks. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom and the staff delivered an iron to the room upon request. The room wasn't fancy at all but it was relatively clean and a place to sleep at night.

The hotel is in a great location! 1 minute walk to the beach and steps away from restaurants and night life. It is also right near the stop for the Jolly Trolley which takes you into Rehobeth.

On Saturday afternoon we took a dip in the small pool and I felt like I was on college spring break. There was music playing and there were about 20 young adults with beer and alcohol sitting around or in the pool. No one was too rowdy or loud but this would not be the ideal setting for small children (although there were several kids at the pool). There is a sundeck above the pool and there were more young adults up there drinking and playing corn-hole.

A few negatives: The pillows in the room were flat and uncomfortable. I recommend bringing your own! There was also a small amount of mold on the curtains and air conditioning unit (yikes).

If you are a 20 or 30 something in Dewey beach for the beach and nightlife I would recommend this as a decent place to stay. I would not recommend this place for older people or families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive review of our property. We appreciate you as a customer and hope you will return to the beach soon! The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went down there over the weekend for a baseball tournament with the kids, had the unfortunate luck of booking into this hotel, now i know Dewey is a party town but if you are renting rooms at 225 a night please have hot water to shower in and a bed one would want to put there head down for the night. The smell of some sort of pesticide sprayed each day into the room would kill an elephant. I wondered what exactly they where trying to keep down here. there where fights on the balcony of the hotel nightly and everyone was very nervous and had really no option to leave as there where no hotels at such short notice. One of the parents spent 450$ to sleep in his car, he could not take the sneezing and the overall dirt of the place, so if you are not 21 and wasted runk from dusk till dawn this hotel should be avoided at all costs, you will regret it. Oh and there is a club across the street that places live music into the open air till the small hours of the morning every night so forget it if you are a light sleeper. there is no fitness center here either. Just a complete waste of time and money if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Dewey Beach is a very active summer town and we cannot always predict the behavior of guests. We do have security guards on duty at night and rules for behavior posted in the rooms for guests. We are very sorry if you were disturbed by other guests' behavior during your stay. As for the pesticide, we do have a regular pesticide treatment schedule, we are very sorry if the smell negatively affected your stay with us. We do hope that you give Dewey Beach another try, we have just been rated one of the cleanest beaches! Thank you for your time, the Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I return year after year and have never had any complaints. The staff is helpful, the place is clean and for the location it is a steal! I always have tons of questions and the staff is always quick to email back or call. The place is so clean that while there 2 weeks ago I tipped a cooler over and spilled a few cups of water on the carpet. I grabbed the first thing I saw which was a white beach towel. After stepping on it to get the water up I picked up the towel and expected it to be dirty. When looked at it you could not even tell where it picked up the water, it was so clean. Very impressive! It looks like they also painted the rooms and replaced the tv's in the rooms recently as well. The pool is clean and a comfortable temperature. I love sitting on the deck at night and people watching. The beach is just around the corner, probably a 5 minute walk and you do not have to cross the busy road.

Just an FYI, I believe they allow dogs in the off season. I have severe allergies and have NEVER had an issue. No smells, stains or fur at all.

The only negatives that I can think of is no elevator, the only ice machine that we could get to work was on the first floor, and during busy times the parking lot is a little tight. None of these things would ever keep me from coming back.

I love this place and have been coming here since I was little. I will be back next year!! Can not wait!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive review! We appreciate you as a customer taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon at the beach! The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Knoxville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and myself along with our two kids booked this hotel last minute for 4th of July. We got it for such a inexpensive rate we weren't sure what to expect. We saw the photos online but because we have paid three times the price in OC in the past I thought for sure it was going to be awful. It was awesome for the price. The room was clean the pool was nice and the staff was sufficient . I liked the upper deck and it was walking distance to the beach. I would highly recommend this Motel to friends. There were of course people who partied but it wasn't out of hand or crazy especially for a holiday. The location was perfect. I'm going to go back for a get away with the hubby!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are next to the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for responding to your stay and taking the time to write a positive review! We value you as a customer and hope you will return to the beach soon! The Management Team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked our trip here 3 days in advance and were able to find a room for just under $100 during 4th of July week. That in itself is amazing. The staff was friendly and really accommodating. We arrived and were let into our room at 11 am (note check in is not until 3 PM). We didn't expect to be given our room so early but thought we'd check and it worked out. Even if the room wasn't ready they were going to let us park there all day and call our cell when the room did become available.

We parked there until 3 PM on check out day (check out is at 11 am) and had one last great day on the beach. The only complaint I have is that the beds are a little thin and could use updating. We could feel the coils on our backs, but it wasn't terrible, just a little noticeable. There was a lot of party noise outside but not much of it made it into our room. We turned the A/C fan on high and fell right to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review! We appreciate you as a valued customer and hope to see you again soon! The Management team at the Atlantic Oceanside Motel

Been to Atlantic Oceanside Motel? Share your experiences!