“Rooms are dated staff friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Sea Esta Motels I
2306 Highway 1, Dewey Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Ocean City, Maryland
“Rooms are dated staff friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there last Sunday. Rooms are very dated and in need of renovation. Although clean they need freshening up. Was concerned with safety..couldn't tell if room was locking for me.. Staff very efficient and friendly...great location

• Stayed August 2012
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay. We are always looking for new ways to update and renovate our location. We do appreciate your time with us and we are doing all we can to keep as up to date as we can. We look forward to seeing you again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nanticoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Quiet, Safe and well appointed room was well worth the inexpensive cost.
The beds were big the service friendly and the overall experince pleasant.
I recomend this clean and easily located motel to any weary beachgoer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thanks for the nice comment on the site. Often times people forget that the main attraction is the beach and the local area and pay too much attention at wanting the fanciest amenietes and cholcolates left on the pillows. While that is nice to have sometimes, that is not who we are. As you stated in your title we want to be a Great place at a Great Price.
Thanks again for your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed 7/22/12 and enjoyed it very much. The Sea Esta I is a basic hotel but not much more is needed at the beach. It is an older property that hasn't been updated in a while but makes up for it with comforts such as microwave, refrigerator, complimentary coffee, and HBO. It offers a wonderful location walking distance to the beach and provides a venue where you can stay with your dog. I found my room clean and the staff very friendly. I also really appreciated the free internet service. It's a great place for brief visits, if you are to stay for a week I'd recommend renting a condo or house, but it is just fine for a weekend or long weekend visits. The price was a bit high but it is comparable to the other motels for July, prime summertime. If you want a newer property then Sea Esta III or IV would meet you needs but you will need to walk further to the beach. I choose this motel for its location and was not disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
THank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We do have a great location being right on the beach side in Dewey Beach, but also not have the high prices of some other hotels in the area. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back with us agian soon.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

2nd time staying here. 1st time was in 07 and its the same as i remember it then. Basic place to lay your head and take a shower. Its in a great local so thats a bonus. I was there on July 13-15 weekend, the running of the bulls weekend so it was very busy, everything sold out. Luck out and got the last room here. it was a 1st floor room, walked in expecting the worse but I was pleasantly surprised, Ac worked , they had clean towels , shower was a bit dirty but I wore my flip flops and that was that. When I was leaving I sat in my car a bit eating breakfast and watch the two lady come into the rooms and start cleaning, I def would not want that job, come in after a bunch of drunking people doing whatever in the rooms etc. They do there best a I guess and that all I can expect. The owner is nice and thats all i can expect when I stay at a place like this. Would I stay here again? Yes . The only thing I can say need to be improved wouild be the showers but other than that, I brought my on sheet and pilow but I do that at any hotel so .. enjoy..

Room Tip: Its a motel not a 5 star.. so all rooms are the same
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We hope you di enjoy the running the the bull. We do try to be a great place to stay for a great value. I am sorry to hear about your tub though. We will definilty have that looked at and throughly cleaned and refinished.
Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in Dewey Beach soon.
Germantown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

i use to love the sea esta motels; 1 was our favorite but after this last visit...no more!!!
THe toliet was dirty and the place smells of mold. Our sheets had not been changed from the last guest because there was sand in the bed....ugh. The location is great but the rooms are dirty dirty dirty. We will be looking for another hotel in the future and it's ashame because it is in a great location and we get to bring our 4 legged child!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I found ourselves stranded in Dewey/Rehobeth for the evening and found a vacancy at the Sea Esta I. When we arrived at the front desk, they wanted to charge us $98, and yet we had found it on Expedia moments before for $69. The front desk told us to book it on Expedia. So we did. And moments later we were checked in at the lower rate. Always check the discount travel sites before you check in.

The girl at the front desk was very helpful and very personable. She was a great front desk operator.

The room was a room in a motel. It definitely smelled as though the room had been doused with industrial stregnth cleaner so as to maybe lessen the damage done by the many seniors (as in recent high school graduates) who had partied there the week before.

It is a great location. It is close to the beach and all of the restuarants in Dewey and a few minutes drive to Rehobeth and the ferry (which is where we were headed).

It is not a glamourous place. It is a motel at the beach and it is perfect for that. You shouldn't be spending a ton of time in the room anyway! The room is for sleeping and brushing your teeth.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
I do truly thank you for your time and review. We do not try to be what we are not. We are an affordable motel with great location. We hope that all will come to love us for being just that.
Thanks again and we look forward toyour next stay with us.
Wallingford, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Other than the fact that this hotel was close to the beach, it was a terrible place to stay. It's perfect for seniors and college kids I guess, but not for middle class familes. We stayed on the first floor, room 8. The tables were sticky like stuff was spilled on them and not cleaned. The bathroom had all kinds of visible mold and mildew in the cubby/shelf area. The telephone on the night stand had food all dried and caked in it and was sticky. The bedding had stains on it. The hotel staff was rude expect for one young man upon check in. Parking is limited and there are no spaces. Some guests would hog two spots or park at a diagonal so unless you got home early from a night at the boardwalk....you were screwed on parking. The room had a musty smell to it. The curtains didn't close all the way and the AC barely worked well enough to cool off the room. Everything is very old and outdated. If you're looking for a really cheap hotel room near the beach, this is the place to go. Especially if you plan to only use your room to just shower and sleep. Although sleeping is difficult. Being on the border of Dewey Beach (party town) you here doors slamming and music and yelling and screaming at all hours of the night.
If you want a clean room and friendly staff, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: get a room on first floor if you can. stairs are wooden and rickety, unsafe.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Esta Motels I? Share your experiences!