“found” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
norfolk
“found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

stopped on 30th April 2013. my wife and I were thrilled to find such a great place for lunch. well done and every best wish for the future. now in our sat nav as a favorite. (your business card does not give a post code).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Called in for Dinner and the menu was varied, the food was excellent and the staff very tentive. Great value for money. Will definitely call again

• Visited May 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic but the food is cold!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having read some reviews we decided to call in for Sunday lunch whilst passing recently. The decor and welcome when we arrived were both good. There was a nice choice of dishes for Sunday lunch. We ordered some bread/oils to begin with. These took quite a long time to arrive considering how quiet the restaurant was and we were only halfway through them when the main courses arrived. I had chicken and my fiance had beef. The quality, taste and presentation of both dishes was superb but the whole experience was let down by the fact that the food was barely warm when it arrived and was cold whilst we ate most of it. I am not someone who is too concerned by having a hot plate etc but the food was far colder than I would even serve it at home. I would like to say that we would return as this restaurant is very good in many ways but I am not sure we would risk paying for another cold dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Sunday roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Best roast beef I have ever tasted. Had a great lunch with friends love the relaxed atmosphere, service was attentive without being overly fussy, all in all a lovely lunch. We will def make a detour to visit again on our travels.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“An unexpected find, excellent Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stumbled across this gem in the Eden valley. Excellent atmosphere and amazing food to rival any Edinburgh restaurant. Had the twice baked cheese soufflé for starter, it's like a enveloping hug in a dish, followed this up with the lamb cutlets which melted in the mouth, alas the only downside being my generous starter and main didn't leave room for desert. My friends and I enjoyed it so much we have booked again for Sunday lunch.