“Still waiting for something to impress me.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
“Still waiting for something to impress me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I have only eaten there a few times but I am still waiting for a good reason to love the place. The food is decent but not great. The service has not been what I would have expected. It has a good reputation but I haven't seen quite why yet. I have never left thinking "I will never return" but never really think "man would I love to go to Jimmy's". If I am going to go out I would pnrobably look for more exciting fare but would not put up a fuss if my crowd wanted to go there. Portions are big, there specials are a good value and you likely to run into a friendly face or two in there. Go at least once and decide for yourself.

88% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Mmmmm, chicken. Don't forget the rolls.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Jimmy's has become a regular stop for us on our way to the Delaware beaches. The fried chicken is excellent - crispy, juicy and not greasy. The dinner rolls that come along are almost worh the stop alone. Cole slaw is rich and creamy. Mac and cheese is ordinary. I've also had the burger which was worthwhile if you don't care for fried chicken - but the fries were underwhelming.

The baked goods are old-fashioned, heavy and very tasty - maybe because they make them with butter. We're fond of picking up cinnamon rolls for the next morning, but they don't usually last that long. The cookies are also very good.

This is memorable family style place worth the stop for the chicken and the baked goods.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
“THE BEST fried chicken anywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wish I lived closer. Stopped at Jimmy's twice over Labor Day weekend - both on our way to the beach and on our way home. Incredible value - our party consisted of four adults & three children, all of us stuffed with food for under 60 dollars. The chicken breast with one side is plenty for a meal, and all of the sides are great. Sweet potato souffle, corn pudding, stuffing, hot chunky applesauce - all were great. And I would have loved to bring home one of the huge pies, or cakes, or sticky buns, or.......

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Essential stop enroute to Delaware beaches.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Jimmy's is a must stop on the way to (or back from) the shore in DE. Extensive menu with just about anything you'd want. Everything is fresh, and really well prepared. Plenty of options for vegetarians too. Pretty good (and pretty reasonably priced) seafood. I had excellent scallops, and got plenty of them too. Best lima beans and collard greens I have had north of the Carolinas. And those deserts in the rotating case up front? They taste as good as they look too. We split coconut cake for desert, quite good, and unlike most coconut cake, not over-ly sweet. Friendly service too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dover, Delaware
“Fried Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Jimmy's Grill have been around a long time. This is now a new owner. He has improved on the selection and quality. The fried chicken is the best in the state. All the deserts are home made. You will be glad you stopped

Visited August 2012