“Delicious Food at The Boardroom Restaurant in Bethany Beach Delaware” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boardroom Restaurant

The Boardroom Restaurant
786 Garfield Parkway, Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 63 restaurants in Bethany Beach
Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Glenview, Illinois
“Delicious Food at The Boardroom Restaurant in Bethany Beach Delaware”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My friend and I were visiting friends in Bethany Beach. We decided to try The Boardroom for drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert. Everything was fantastic! We are from Chicago and have wonderful restaurants to go to in Chicago. The Boardroom stood out for it's wonderful food and service. The martinis were great. My friend had the craft beer which was a Dogfish 90 draft which he loved. We started with the Bethany nachos, crab mousse and 1/2 lb of steamed shrimp. Every thing was great. I had the rockfish for dinner which was tender and yummy. My friend had the boardroom burger which was fantastic. Their crab cakes were the best we have ever had. The mussels in a deicious chorizo broth were spicey and delicious. For dessert we had the berry cobbler which was homemade and wonderful! Our waitress was cheerful and very helpful with making our selections. We will definately go back to The Boardroom Restaurant on our next visit to Bethany Beach!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a bit of a hole in the wall in a plaza. It's worth the look - great sandwiches and fabulous burgers done in a wood fired grill. Service is improving with experience. Definitely worth a try. We are locals and this is a great addition to our repertoire.

Visited August 2013
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“surprise surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

0 to 9 =My wife had a halibut special which was placed on a unique tasting rice and the flavor and presentation was excellent. I and the couple with us had there giant shrimp with crabmeat stuffing, This is a new restaurant at a site which has failed various times. The shrimp were 3 in number and large to extra large and covered with what appeared to be canned crab meat (certainly not backfin as in their crabcakes) the crab was extremely salty and when I mentioned it to the waitress she just shrugged her shoulder and did not pass my message on. All for $26 This is an extremely competitive tourist market during the summer but sadly few will give it a second chance at their price scale and lack of interest in satisfying their guests. Seafood has to be fresh and topnotch to succeed in Bethany.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Just another tired pub fare restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a new beach area restaurant but unfortunately is just another pub fare spot. They do well when the tourists are here but flounder in the off season. Somehow mussels with a choice of four different sauce preparations made it to the menu but otherwise it is predictable and, at best, just fair. The ambience is poor and the decor is dull. The service was very good. I had a Boardroom burger which was OK. My wife had the brisket sandwich and commented that the meat was barely edible....very fatty. The restaurant does not take reservations for less than eight. This location has had a turnover of restaurants every few years and, I suspect, that will continue. In any case, it will do it without us.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Go some place else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited this place for the first time today. The menu looked great. We ordered two appraisers and were very pleased with them. Then....the fun began. It took us 45 mins to receive the main course. My husband ordered a burger with crab meat on top, instead he got a burger with bacon. No side dish, like we ordered. The waitress was totally unprofessional. She was running all over the place like a mad person. My husband had to chase her down to tell her what was wrong with the order. Then she began complaining how desperately she needs money (hmmmm, don't we all?!). We asked her to give us a container for the left overs but she informed us that they were out and she will wrap our food into plastic wrap. When we got the bill I noticed that we got overcharged double for some extras that we ordered. The overall experience was aweful and not at all pleasant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere