“Good music, friendly service, great oysters!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 66 Restaurants in Bethany Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Phoenixville, PA
“Good music, friendly service, great oysters!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had a great lunch of oysters and beer. FYI happy hour of dollar oysters from 2-5. Background music was great classics loved every song...

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food...service coming along”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

They food was excellent and extremely fresh -- we had the baked oysters with crab app, the crab cakes and the oyster po boy. The service was very slow and a bit discombobulated. To be fair, it was their opening weekend for the season and they were still getting it together. Our waitress was very nice and apologetic.

Visited April 2014
Califon, New Jersey, United States
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were in Bethany the last week of August so getting a table for 8 was easy, about 5 minutes. Service was quick, thankfully because we had 3 young children with us. Food was very good, most of the table had the crab cakes, which was made up of all crab, no fillers and very moist! We were all excited for the hush puppies but they were dry, so a little disappointing. The green beans were very flavorful and cooked perfectly. I had the blueberry mojito which was the best mojito I've ever had! We had to wait a while for the check but it didn't spoil our delicious meal and experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Utica, New York
“Was OK .... actually, disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Having been a bog fan for years of the Blue Crab restaurant, I was excited to see that this place opened on this side of it, offering my favorites at a raw bar.

I dined there on August 3, 2013 with my brother's wife, 3 kids and my fiancée.

Pros: 1. I loved the raw bar oysters. You may order per piece which is awesome to me, so you may mix kinds etc. I am a huge oyster fan. They were fresh & delish!! I also had a bloody mary oyster shooter which was great. 2. The server was friendly and attentive. She was patient intaking orders from my 3 little nieces, and brought drinks & food quickly. 3. The establishment is clean, nice atmosphere, clean restrooms. 4. My fiancée liked her rib platter. Go figure a seafood restaurant serves good BBQ ribs (and she is picky, picky, pick-y!!)

Cons: 1. I ordered the "Fried oyster platter". The menu says "lightly dusted & fried". When they came out they were not fried at all but more like sprinkled with bread crumbs and broiled. They were limp and far from tasty. Being my brother was flipping the bill I did not say a word to not make him feel bad. I love, love, love oysters and have ordered them in Cape Cod, Florida, Las Vegas, NYC, Washington DC, etc, and have eaten them in some of the best places in Spain so I know oysters. This entree SUCKED. The hushpuppies were over fried in little rolls, not balls and were...meh. I have had excellent fried oysters in many parts of BB, RB & OC so this was a shocker for me!

2. Now on to my sister in law: her crab cakes were under done and cold. She said she didn't want to complain b/c she is afraid of what kitchen staff does with food behind closed doors (sad to worry about that) so she chose not to make a fuss. These crab cakes were priced $5 higher than a place I had the best crab cakes ever in up the street. I felt sorry for her.

The kids food was basic for kids. They ate it, it looked like little frozen pizzas from Chuck e Cheese......but they ate them.

So that's why I rate this place average. I love the Blue Crab! Next time if I visit the Oyster House, I will stick to the raw bar and beer. Too much money to pay for cold entrees, "meh" sides and not as described in menu oysters.

FYI: I'm an annual visitor to BB going on year 15 so I frequent everywhere in the DelMarVa area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Should be top 10 in Trip advisor for Bethany Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This was an excellent meal or the whole family! You can sit in either Bethany Oyster or Blue Crab and order off either menu. We has excellent King Crab legs with perfect corn on the cob. My husband said "it was the best corn in the cob he has had in a restaurant." We also had crab cakes, shrimp, fall of the bone runs. My daughter had amazing fried chicken that I think I will order the next time we come. Service by Carina was excellent. We are coming back this week! It is right on Main Street - enjoy but we don't want too many of you to eat here as we want to be able to get a table for dinner again!

• Visited July 2013