“Average at best but being near Sea Colony is a bonus” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 66 Restaurants in Bethany Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Delaware
“Average at best but being near Sea Colony is a bonus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

While staying at Sea Colony East for the week, we decided to go out to dinner one night. We walked over to The Marketplace to eat at this little place on a Friday night. Service was pretty good. We were seated promptly despite it being busy.
The food here is average at best. Nothing I would go out of my way for. All menu items are overpriced. After eating here we saw that the prices at some of the other locations are much less. I guess this is acceptable when there are not a lot of Italian choices at the beach.
The next time we are at Sea Colony, we will not be eating here. We will find something different.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Pleasantly surprised and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in last night for dinner after reading all the good reviews and the food was delicious! My husband got the chicken parm. Sub, I got the fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and my daughter got the spaghetti and we were all super happy with all the food! The waiter was very friendly and constantly returning for refills and checking on us. Would highly recommend it and will def go back next time we are here!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Revising an earlier experience... Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

In all fairness, after a return visit over Memorial Day weekend with much improved customer service at the take-out counter, I felt compelled to revise my earlier review. Hopefully what I had seen earlier was one "off-day" since on my following visits, the various take-out counter help was very personable and engaged with the customers.

The food here IS excellent, and we have never been disappointed. Try Armand's when you're in the vicinity of Bethany Beach.

There are 2 entrances: the left is to the restaurant, and the right is for carry-out. If you eat there and can tolerate the heat, there's outdoor seating on the front patio with dancing water jets to keep younger kids cool and entertained.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great pizza. Terrible service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

During the off season dining options are limited in Bethany. You would think the carry out counter help would be a little more gracious. Placed the order over the phone, arrived to pick it up, and the teenager at the counter did not even acknowledge me as he charged my credit card and continued his private conversation with another worker.

The pizza is really good, yesterday we had the Greek pizza with a pesto sauce. Every pizza we've tried has been very tasty, no complaints there.

Management needs to do a bit of customer service training and teach their staff the value of saying "Hello" and "Thank you" before their busy season starts.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Beyond satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

2 sides to this establishment; one side restaurant, other takeout. wife ordered ceasars salad with chicken, I ordered cheeseburger, all to go. Entering the order was somewhat bizarre...we were told to return in 15 minutes, which I did.We were staying in Sea Colony around the corner. We both found the quality of our orders excellent.