“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: Elkton Road
Philadelphia
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I wasn't impressed with this place. The wait service was friendly, but it was very crowded and tightly packed. Yes the portion sizes are generous, butI didn't think the quality was fantastic; it was more about portion size than taste. I had the crabcakes. I was happy that they allowed you to have broiled or fried and that they had no filler, but they could've been more tender, moist, and flavorable. The mac and cheese was just standard velveeta mac that I make on the stovetop at home. Other people ate the ribs and chicken feast and were just, "meh."

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Beyond
“Best Crab Cakes Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Normally when I order crab cakes I get one, small, overcooked cake that I'm sorry I paid $20 for. However, Blue Crab serves up two billiard ball sized cakes with no filler that are absolutely amazing. I'm now thoroughly spoiled - nothing less than the Blue Crab's standard will do.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Worth every penny. Stop by this place and get the crabs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Crabs, crabs, crabs. I never had such great crab. I always like the blue crab in Maryland, but wow. Can I have more? Yes next time.

Visited May 2012
Maryland
“Best Fried Chicken!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am a huge seafood and crab lover, so I hadn't intended to eat fried chicken when we went to a seafood place. However, after reading a lot of the reviews, I saw that everyone raved about it. They were right! This was the best fried chicken that I've ever eaten!! I wish that they had an option where you didn't have to order all you can eat because I really ate a ton more than I needed to! My sister in law also got a delicious seafood pasta dish. The only downside was that the place was very busy and the service took a while, which means a lot when you are dining with children. However, the food is worth the wait!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“the crabs were good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were there on Labour Day. The were several seats in the frot but they waanted to sit us in the back by the restrooms. When we asked if we could sit in the many open tables in the front, we were toldd they were reserved. I was ready to leave but my husband spoke to a manager, who was able to seat us in one of the "reserved" spots.

We ordered the all you can eat crabs. To my amazement the food was really good. For $37 we got medium crabs that were seasoned with the sweetest white meat. The all you can eat corn on the cob was excellent as well. Surprisingly so was the chicken. The hushpuppies were dry.

I plan to go again in the end of September to se if the quality of the food is the same. This time i will make reservations.

• 4 of 5 stars Food