“come sea The Addy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Addy Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
The Addy Sea
You added The Addy Sea to your Saves list
99 Ocean View Parkway, P.O. Box 275, Bethany Beach, DE 19930   |
“come sea The Addy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

here is the funny thing about this review, I we have not stayed here as of yet, but my fiancee and I went and checked out this seaside B&B for our wedding in the fall of 2016, so although i cannot review the wedding accomadations, beds, toilets food etc I can however tell you we have booked our date based on our visit, so I would urge all who are thinking of a wedding or party or ? to give it a visit!
Why?
The setting of course, on the ocean, nice landscaping, the sound and smell of the beach, and stepping into the Addy, I liked the history, and this from a person who normally does not like to do the more historic B&B but likes the modern ones. There is a feeling you get when you tour the building, but the positve vibe is then reinforced by Maggie as she makes you feel like you have known her and she is as honest as they come , she will tell you like it is! No hard sell here as she lets the building do the selling.
So I urge all to check The Addy Sea out,
and also try to solve the mystery of the copper tub???

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

Built in 1902, the Addy Sea comes by its Victorian atmosphere honestly, and has retained classic Victorian furnishings and décor. The Addy Sea even serves an afternoon tea in a room with a fireplace and overstuffed furniture. The theme is carried through to the rooms and even the walls, where oil paintings with nineteenth century themes abound. The rooms vary, but are are comfortable, and there is a large old-fashioned wrap around porch with rocking chairs. There is also WiFi that allows you to keep in touch (if you want to.)
Outside, the wide beach, lapped by the waves, is just on the other side of a sand dune. The breakers are close enough to be clearly heard in the guest rooms at night. Any beach lodging offers a getaway to another place. The Addy Sea offers a getaway to another time.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here the 1st weekend in January. When we arrived we were essentially given our choice of rooms. The room and bed were ample. Toilet and shower were not. Select number mattress on bed made no difference to me although I expected something special. The Addy Sea is a historic building and is located right on the beach. My wife describes the decor as Victorian, I call it frou frou. Service was great. Parking was also great which would be a benefit in the summer. Also has a wonderful wraparound porch and easy access to the beach. Long story shortened the winter rates were excellent, service was great, room and public areas were comfortable, tea, coffee and breakfast services were complete and tasty, and we would go back winter or summer.

• Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

My review is very different. We stayed here with a wedding party. The wedding was held here and only a small group stayed on site (mostly family; others stay at the Holiday Inn). This was our first b&b experience. I liked knowing that everyone was part of the wedding party even though we didn't really know anyone. I was not uncomfortable with not being able to lock the door when not in the room but we were also on the top floor. There are locks on the door knobs that lock for the inside to be used when you are in the room. Although it was a good stay, I do still prefer hotel stays rather than b&b. The staff were nice enough but I don't like feeling like I am staying in someone's house. No one was there on staff when we "checked in" which was very odd but again we were with the wedding party. The food for breakfast was ok, but we were told it was not the regular breakfast due to the wedding festivities. The food served for the wedding reception was very, very xgood, especially the crab cakes. I made a meal out of them rather than the beef that was the main course. Enjoyed walking to the main strip on Bethany to get dinner both nights and visiting the shops. Right off the beach. Great location for beach goers and the wedding.
One problem we had was Sunday morning we were awoken to the very loud preacher from the church on the beach service. After a night of celebrating, I was not very happy....but if the window was closed I don't know if that would have helped.
There is a public parking lot right next door which is were we parked.
As a wedding location, this place is wonderful...

• Stayed October 2014
Millsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Very clean old Victorian House. Staff was awesome and very friendly. Breakfast is the best you won't go hungry. The view of the ocean was wonderful. You can even see Dolphins on some days. Will stay there again. Off season is the best!

Room Tip: Rooms 10, 9, 7, and 6 great views of beach and ocean you will love it!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

The Addy Sea is an Old Victorian home converted into a Bed and Breakfast, My self and my Wife stayed recently for a night in room 12 because during this time the price had been reduced to 125$ a night. We arrived at 9pm and a letter was left for us explaining how to get to our room so as stated in other reviews there is no staff within the building at night.

The Good,

The building was quiet and only had adults so nobody was running up and down the stairs, the two person tub was enjoyable, The Breakfast in the morning was also filling and delicious and a fire had been lit within the lobby so guests could read the morning paper on this cold October morning.

The Bad

As other reviewers had mentioned their are no room keys, and within the room itself the owner has skipped on some basic necessities, what I mean is the things such as the toilet paper are as cheap as they come and the room was not cleaned to I and my Wife's standard, on the window seal next to the tub there is black mold forming because it has not been bleached in months and between the bed and the bed stand there was empty water bottles from other guests.

Overall the good and the bad of the Addy Sea within my opinion reaches the verdict of average

Room Tip: the second floor has the best rooms
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

If you are looking for a property that lacks modern features, this is for you. You can feel the hundred year old history of the place. Much enjoyed using it as a getaway. Front porch is a nice hangout. Property is right on beach.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Addy Sea? Share your experiences!