“Our Easter Getaway! Great choice of B&B today in Bethany Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Addy Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
The Addy Sea
99 Ocean View Parkway, P.O. Box 275, Bethany Beach, DE 19930   |
ny
“Our Easter Getaway! Great choice of B&B today in Bethany Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We choose this B&B for a nice quite Easter getaway after a rough few months. Great choice, great breakfast, good location. We stayed in room 9, had wanted room 12 but was booked. Our room had a better view. Only room 12 has a tv, at first we thought it was ok, but by the second day we did miss the tv, but we had internet so that helped. we did rest, and we needed it. everyone was very nice. room very clean. just wish we had tv!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I followed up a week in DC with a quick jaunt to the shore in Bethany Beach, DE. The Addy Sea was the prefect place for a retreat. We stayed in room #6 with a lovely view of the ocean. It didn't matter that the weather was a bit nippy, we had a relaxing, lovely time at the Addy Sea. There are many rooms with great views, lots of period furniture and old pics. Our room had a whirlpool spa for two, so that was lovely. We were within a 5 minute walk to the strip, and lots of great restaurants all around. What was especially nice was their accommodation of my challenging gluten-free diet. They took extra care to have a breakfast I could enjoy without concern and even made me gluten-free CUPCAKES for tea! This was so thoughtful and I was so touched. I did not ask for any special accommodation and they went out of their way - so lovely. In this special place, we were able to relax and enjoy all the shore has to offer. Thanks to Maggie and all the great staff - we'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Get one with a ocean view!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hopewell, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

This past July 10 was my 23rd being married to my wonderful bride so I wanted it to be special and a bit different. We are in many ways polar opposites. I like pools. air conditioning and lots of creature comforts while the Mrs. prefers the Ocean, sleeping in a straw bed in a beach hut somewhere off the beaten path. We each compromised a little and spent a long weekend at a fabulous B & B on the Oceans doorstep in our new favorite state of Delaware. The room was like being on the set of a period movie and the surrounding beach town had a newness and energy which made for a whole other experience. The Addy Sea was as advertised. GREAT

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
salt lake city ut. u.s.a.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We spent two nights at this gloriously situated b/b. Think of victorian home, all the bells and whistles as far as the furnishings are concerned. Think of the beach right OUTSIDE the house and your window, if you are fortunate enough to get a sea view. Think of good china and a fine assortment for breakfast. My cousin married on the beach this weekend in perfact weather on the sand. Think of wrap around porch and gingerbread on the house. Think of a lazy breakfast in or outside and then wonderful beds and well appointed bathrooms. I am sure in summer this beach resort is overcrowded, as all are, but in October... dont think about not going, just do it and book the Addy Sea...you wont be sorry.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a sea view, open the windows and blinds and just listen and breathe
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
jenstarJenstar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

I checked in with my mom at what we thought to be teatime only to be told "it's all over." Oh sorry, you just missed it, would you like to help yourselves to tea or coffee. The room looked like a over-frilled scene from Gone with the Wind --Aged linens and lace everywhere. My mom was promised a host of gluten-free baked goods but they were not prepared either. My parents left at 5:30 a.m., cutting short their stay after freezing in an uncomfortable bed. All that for $250 and a three-hour drive each way.

• Stayed July 2011
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011 via mobile

I just spent three nights at the Addy Sea with my daughter. We had room #2 which was fine except for one of the beds. The room has two queen beds, one with a nice comfy mattress, and the other that can only be described as hard as a plank. I mentioned it to the assistant manager who said that my comment was the first she had ever heard about the bed. Hard to believe. Otherwise the inn was lovely: delicious breakfasts, afternoon tea, and hotband cold drinks available 24/7. The location can't be beat. Although expensive, it's a lovely getaway for a few days.

• Stayed July 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean and tidy. Fantastic location on the beach. Reasonable prices. This is a quiet inn run very professionally. I was really impressed. Would give it five stars if the coffee/breakfast brought up to another level, but completely satisfied.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Addy Sea? Share your experiences!