“No Bad At All” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bear
Baltimore, Maryland
“No Bad At All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The front desk personnel were very friendly. Overall the hotel was clean. My room (#225) was very big. It had a nice Whilpool Tub for 2, and a separate living room with Flat Screen TV. The cost of the room was priced good. The only draw back is that is that there was not an Ice Machine on the 2nd floor. You have to travel down the long corridor to get to the 3rd floor Ice Machine. And I didn't see a Vending Machine. In the very near future I know I will be returning for another Romantic Get-A-Way.

Room Tip: When You Flush The Toilet, It Is extremely Noisy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days 2 nights in a standard room. It had two queen size beds, tv, phone, mini fridge, a security safe in the closet, an iron and ironing board (it did not have a microwave). The room was a nice size, very clean with a modern contemporary vibe to it. The breakfast bar had a good selection for you to choose from. My family really enjoyed the in door pool which was a plus! The gym is very small it has a treadmill, excerise bike, elliptical and something kind of like bowflex (you can do various excercises on it). The staff was very nice and helpful.
I say location, location, location because the area around the hotel was subpar. There were two exits and one entrance. If you parked at the back of the building you could only enter by the main entrance. So you would have to walk all the way around to the front. The outside landscape could be better. All in all the hotel was pretty nice!

Room Tip: I requested a ground floor, because I have a toddler and I knew he would be jumping around.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I when here couples of times from 2011 to 2012 and service that we got on the last month of Jan was so bad that my girlfriend and I didnt get a room. Front Desk Clerk and the Manager was no help at all. I ask the manager where is the maintenance guy Anthony? He said "He don't work here anymore and I don't to speak about him, what kind of room do you guys want? (RUDE TONE). Anthony the maintenance guy was outstanding guy, got a sense of humor, smile all the time, welcome us back to the hotel. When we heard that he wasn't there anymore, we don't want to come back here again. Anthony is the reason that help us alot when we're here, Talk to the manager indian guy didn't understand what he talking about at all. My girlfriend said "Wow, I couldn't believe that he's gone, he is the reason that I want to come back here everytime but now I don't want to come back here anymore."

Anthony, where ever you are, we hope you are doing ok, and hope we see you again working in a hotel, so we can come see you, Thank you for all your help, we are appreciated for the service that you did for us :).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was travelling up the I-95 and saw that a property had recently underwent a major renovation and converted to a Best Western Plus....I am a fan of best western plus properties so i decided to give it a try. Well they did not disappoint!! Everything in the property is brand new and tastefully done. As soon as you walk into the lobby you can see that there was all new furniture for the Huge Breakfast Area (the reason i mention that is i hate when the breakfast area has 10 chairs for 100 people) and the lounge area complete with huge flat screen and fireplace.
The staff that checked me in were top notch. The business office although small had 2 computers and a true all in one printer that could scan and print in color which i need at times for my sales sheets. The Fitness center had ALL BRAND NEW EQUIPMENT...thank you..
nothing worse than having to go to another gym or old broke down equipment.....the only thing i think they need is to add a water cooler but thats all.
Now to the pool...huge warm and modern comfy lounge chairs, not those hard plastic ones.
The hot was hot, big and worked great! The elevator was the only thing that they did not change and was a little small.....but with only 3 floors it shouldnt be hard to walk up and down. The rooms i loved, brand new king beds, flat screen tv's and the best thing of my whole stay....the best showerhead ever! 3 settings, brand new and powerful....i am not a fan of hotels who shower heads barely squirt out water when you are trying to relax after a long day driving on the road....the location is right of the connecting highway and there are a million restaurants within a mile.....I look forward to coming back again...great job on the renovations guys you made me a fan! Oh for you gamblers, delaware park racetrack and casino is only 4 miles away...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We arrived at the hotel late on Saturday night. When we got to our room we realized that we were given a room with 2 beds not the King Room with the Fireplace that I had reserved on the Best Western Site. When we went down to correct this the front desk said that this was the room that BW reserved. I showed Rebecca the reservation confirmation I got from BW and was informed that all of the fireplace rooms were taken. She called her manager, who said he would give us a jacuzzi room but would have to charge us an extra $20 per night. We said that this was totally unacceptable as the rooms were the same price online. By this time my wife was crying this was 1st Anniversary and we wanted it to be special. Enter Anthony the hotel's overnight maintenance man, this young man looks at Rebecca and says what about this room and she says she didin't know. He told us to have a seat so we sat on the couch in the lobby and prayed while Anthony checked out the room, he came back said the room is yours and it has the Jacuzzi and a separate living room, and it would be the same price we paid on our original reservation.

When we got to the room not only did it have a jacuzzi but a fireplace also GOD IS GOOD and takes care of His children. Thank You Jesus for giving us a wonderful room.

Anthony and Rebecca should be commended for the superior customer service and understanding of our situation

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012 via mobile

This place is a total reck. I've been here 4 times. The fourth time is when they remodeled everything. They guy that was here before was highly nasty. And the room did have upgrades. But there was no breakfast. The one room down the hall smelled like poop and people were smoking near the door. The pool area door was open. U were suppose to use ur key card. Then I sent one of my friends the before I had this last experience before u would be able to check in with a debt card. Now they want u to hold a $100 plus they didn't have her reservation right. So she had to leave the next day instead of 7night. Sad. Plus she felt since she didn't have a credit card they treated her different.Idk but this place has changed not for the good!!!

• Stayed January 2012
Burkesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is in the midst of a major renovation. Rooms are large and clean. Pool is great.
There will be a massive lobby with breakfast area. Hotel is far away from major interstates but on the way from Wilmington to Dover.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn? Share your experiences!