“A new favorite on my list!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 302-392-2244
Middletown, Delaware
“A new favorite on my list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent food, splendid presentation and experienced servers added up to a 5 star experience. I was truly surprised and delighted by the creative dishes and extensive wine list offered. If it were not for the 50 miles between Bear and Philly, I would swear we were eating at a great Italian restaraunt in the city!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Bear, Delaware, United States
“Unbelievable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Food is good but the dining experience was horrible! Bartender who is the manager was gossiping with another waitress about an employee then proceeded to walk out together to smoke only to continue conversation. She leaves the bar the unattended for 20 minutes.. I had to interrupt her conversation to get another drink!!! She then yelled at another employee who was only offering assistance in front of me.....unbelievable.. She was ignorant and rude! I was flabbergasted! Totally unprofessional! I have never been at a restaraunt to witness such poor behavior!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unexpectedly delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Having read some other reviews I was sceptical if trying this place. We had a restaurant.com gift card and decided to try it. They had a very large selection. The food was cooked well and tastes great. The owner came to our table and asked how our food was. We would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bear, Delaware
“i was there last night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I happened to be with RK from newark!! i have NEVER,EVER,EVER seen a grown man..- OWNER ..ever treat anyone like the way the owner did to us last night!! One think RK forgot was..he grabbed our male friend by the arm...Thinking about assault charges!!!! DO NOT GO THERE!! THE BEST WAY FOR US TO RETURN THIS IGNORANT MANS BEHAVIOR IS DONT GO TO MARCOS!!! did i mention, there were 4 of us... 1 man, and 3 women!! This is disgusting...and yes, there were still others in the restaurant!!! IDIOT!!!!! I happen to deal with the public, and i will tell EVERYONE I KNOW about this experience!!!!Thjey say, the best form of advertisement is "WORD OF MOUTH" hahahahaha

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newark, Delaware
“Wow, and not a good wow...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

How do I make a long story short and say NEVER... After waiting 20 mins just to put a drink order in... We get menus. Mind you those of us at our table have a close relationship with Marco, and it still took 20 to 30 mins to get someone to take our order. Yes, it was crowded but should that make service suffer SO much? Finally we placed our order and that did not have a positive outcome... It is Italian, right? Parm cheese? 15 min and cold entrees later... We got cheese. 2 of us were completely disappointed with our meal (waiting for drink 2) the rest were cold and ok. When the check was delivered we asked to speak to the owner. Our thought was to let him know what happened (can't fix what is broken if you don't know it's broken). Well, good news is we didn't pay for our meals, reality is the man THREW US OUT! Literally tossed us out - swear words and all!!! Don't pay - just get the F)@& out... Again, just don't....

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ristorante Marco? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ristorante Marco, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.