“Great concept and atmosphere, just need a little more consistency.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Sol Restaurant & Bar

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great concept and atmosphere, just need a little more consistency.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

WIth a bit of focus, this place could be great. We've been there 3 times now and two of those times were great. Just this last time - a few day ago- the food was bland. While that was helpful in the chipotle brownies, it made my supposedly "jerk" shrimp scampi into just shrimp on top of pasta. This is a great restaurant for this location. Its friendly, the bartenders know most of the regulars,and the menu is limited but still has enough variety for everyone. There is often live entertainment. And on nice days/nights, the porch is the place to be. They just need a little more consistency from the kitchen. When your food depends on spices for flavor, the spices need to be there. If you are in the area, you could do MUCH worse. But I'd hesitate to make a special trip just for this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bear, Delaware
“Great option for meal at a non-chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant most recently this past weekend, although I'd say we've been here at least a half dozen times over the last year. (There aren't many non-chain, non-Italian options in the area.) I've never been disappointed in the food. One time my husband's short-rib was very fatty and it was replaced with apologies and without question. We appreciate the half entree options and that the menu changes seasonally. I'm surprised to hear people complain about high prices. They tend to have multiple entrees priced at $16 or less, in addition to less expensive sandwiches. Yes, there may be entrees twice that price, but that makes this a destination for couples and young professionals in addition to families. The half portions are exactly half price, so if you're not sure an entree will be worth it, you can test it out and then still get something else if it's not your thing. We're lucky to have this gem so close to our house.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newark, Delaware
“Beautiful spot for al fresco lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

They left the choice of restaurant up to me. I'd heard of this place, but never eaten here. There were six of us. A few chose fish and chips. All were satisfied with their choice. One person had the salmon entree. He also enjoyed it. One chose the grilled chicken sandwich and she said it was fine. I had been taking a med that took away my appetite, so I ordered an appetizer for lunch. It was just the right amount for me. And the ahi tuna was perfectly prepared and delicious. We tried three desserts. I thought the sorbet was refreshing and a good light ending to my meal. One couple shared and thoroughly enjoyed the tres leches cake. One person tried the fruit cobbler/ice cream and was a little disappointed. We were seated by one friendly helpful server, but were served by another who was not. We were also not happy that our empty dishes were not removed promptly. In fact most were still on the table when our desserts came. We enjoyed our meals and the setting on a beautiful
day.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Coral, Florida
“A Fun Place With Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The C & D canal may not be the most beautiful body of water in the world, but who cares. It's still fun to hop in your boat (or car for that matter) and run over to Aqua Sol, sit outside, have a drink (or three) a nice meal and just relax. This is just the setting and these are just the people to help you with that task. Good food, good service and my wife and I love the small servings. Get on their mailing list because they have pretty good entertainment as well.

• Visited June 2014
New Castle, Delaware
“...Pleasant surprise in Bear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

.....Quite a pleasant surprise indeed!...the staff was great, her name was Johnnie...She helped with lunch selection...will come again...

• Visited July 2014