“Lovely setting!Lovely food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting!Lovely food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a great three course in this restaurant today, the food and service was excellent, what I liked also is the servings are not huge but very well presented, means you can eat a three course and feel comfortable. Also the prices for the lunch were very reasonable.
I did look at the menu for the evening, it was more expensive but a larger choice.
We would certainly go back again, the weather was not so good for us today, it was raining, but the restaurant is in a lovely setting, and must be great if you can sit in the lovely garden.

LONDON
“Fab food and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I Went to Souffle for our 1st wedding anniversary on Saturday 27th July (Souffle did all our catering for our wedding at Turkey Mill).

The food was fantastic as was the service. I see a few people have commented on the price, I believe you get what you pay for, if you want cheap chicken/steak go to a Beefeater or Harvester.

The lobster was cooked to perfection and as I type this I wish I could have it again!
Topped of with a couple of bottles of champagne I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this restaurant or its outside catering services. Karen is very helpful and nothing is too much trouble, our guests still comment on how good the food and how professional the staff were at our wedding which is a huge compliment as its so easy to get it wrong when catering for large numbers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Great value for fine dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I treated ourselves last week (July 24th) to an evening meal at Souffle and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We were offered a choice of table inside or out on the patio and chose to dine al fresco. It was lovely, sitting outside, looking onto Bearsted and enjoying the warm evening.
We eventually decided to eat from the set dinner menu (we felt spoiled for choice!), and I opted for a beautifully presented terrine of roasted bell peppers. I then chose to stray from my diet and treat myself to the Pork Belly which did not disappoint. My other half chose the Rack of Lamb and also enjoyed it immensely. This was followed by the Strawberry trio of desserts which were awesome. The fresh, local strawberries they use are amazing!
It was such a lovely evening and even better, the bill was not as scary as I anticipated. The set menu is excellent value for money and certainly left me full and satisfied.
A beautiful setting, reasonable prices for a la carte cuisine and food that's to die for. For me, it was perfection on a plate!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Good well priced food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited for a family birthday on a Thursday night. Lovely hassle free setting with an evening cricket match on the green. Attentive waitress and hostess. Food and drink served on a timely basis with all six of us enjoying the delicious food and wine. The chocolate soufflés were to die for. Overall good value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bearsted, United Kingdom
“Tranquil evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Having moved to this village recently and tried other local restaurants we thought it was
Time to visit The Souffle which has been recommended on many occasions.
What a find, this is a much more up market restaurant than the other local pubs.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted with with a smile and offered a table on their
pretty terrace which has a lovely water feature.
I ate from the set menu which at £25 for three courses is a great deal, the lamb was tasty
And the strawberry trio superb . My partner ate from the a la carte menu, the scallops were to
Superb, so fresh and the special of lobster wonderful.
The service was attentive but not intrusive just the right amount of time between courses.
All in all a lovely evening we will definitely be back.
Thank you!