“Fantastic Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two night in July. The reception on check in was really welcoming and the staff were extremely helpful and kind. The hotel was set in lovely grounds with lots of rabbits in the gardens. Both rooms were really comfortable.

We did not have dinner but we did have breakfast which had a great selection of food.

Swimming pool area (indoors) was a really well maintained pool and my children really appreciated the swim....

We all had a really enjoyable stay and would definitely come back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here very recently for 3 nights while down in Kent to visit family. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel decor is very nice and the leisure facilities were great - we used the gym and the pool a lot. It was nice to sit out at the back of the hotel enjoying a drink and the nice gardens and view to golf course. We booked room only and were reluctant to pay £16 per head for breakfast so ate somewhere nearby. Only on the last day did we discover that you could get a cheaper breakfast at one of the bars in the hotel! So we had breakfast there on the last morning (we ate dinner in the bar one evening and it was very nice too). Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. On checkout, we had a small issue with the internet charges but reception staff were very helpful in sorting this out. We would certainly return to the hotel. Suggested improvements: more information in the room about the different menus/bars, free wifi (come on - loads of places have it now!), a lick of paint here and there around the skirting!

Room Tip: Might want to make sure you have air conditioning in summer months.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had a 2 night stay here last weekend and was very pleased with hotel. The room was comfy and clean and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I had a large cake that needed to be kept cool for the next day and they very kindly kept it in a fridge for me overnight. I also had a problem with the safe, as it wasn't working, so I reported it to reception and they said it probably needed batteries. When I got back from my evening out, I found they had put a brand new safe in the room.
There are only 2 niggles, one being that I wanted a swim, but was put off it by the way it was viewed by people on the way to the bar. Not everybody likes to be gawped at while they are swimming. The other thing is the Wifi. It is free in the outside bar area, but you have to pay an extortionate amount if you want Wifi in your room. In this day and age, when you can get wifi free in most places, the hotel should consider offering it free throughout the hotel. If the cheaper hotels like Premier Inn and Travelodge can do it, then the Marriott chain should be able to! When you are traveling on your own as I was, you don't always want to go and sit in the bar by yourself. I have ranked the hotel down just because of the Wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Pancake1970,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at Tudor Park, Marriott Hotel and Country Club. I am delighted to read that you were very pleased with our hotel, in particular the cleanliness and the friendly staff, which is something we pride ourselves upon. The way to the swimming pool is used as well by all Leisure members and our Spa guests and we have taken your comments on board for future reference. In respect to our WIFI offering I fully understand where you are coming from and I am pleased to inform you that there are discussions within our company to widen the offerings. Did you know that if you travel on a regular basis you can join our Marriott Rewards Loyalty programme at no cost which includes as one of its benefits free internet when reaching certain thresholds. We look forward to welcoming you again to Tudor Park in the near future.

Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations
Rainham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was very excited to go here to celebrate my friends 40th - but was sorely disappointed with the average rooms and the snobbery of the staff and "some" other guests

Our room had no air con, the maintenance team had put a small fan in the room, which wouldn't have cooled down a gnat let alone 2 humans!!!

We had dinner in the dining area, 14 of us in total - we used no bad language nor were we very loud considering the reason we were there, even so we were complained about by 2 other guests that have their golf clubs stuck so far up their own butts its made them very stiff... We were promptly told to keep our noise down immediately after singing "Happy Birthday" to my friend....

We got up for breakfast the next day, walked through to the breakfast room, and was told to "Get back by the door, until you are shown in!!" by an extremely rude member of staff...

Needless to say I will never darken the door of a Marriott Hotel again - instead will stick to the Warners Group.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ella G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to learn that you had certain issues with your room and it is unfortunate that we did not entirely meet you expectations in regards to assisting in cooling the room down. I fully appreciate your thoughts re your restaurant experience celebrating your friends big birthday, however I do hope though that you understand as well that we need to find a happy medium for all our guests. Your comments in respect to Breakfast have been shared with the relevant staff members and key learnings implemented. I was pleased to learn though that you and your friends found our food offerings – Dinner and breakfast – to be very good.

Kind regards,

Wim Beljaars
Director of Operartions
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

The weather was not very nice but it got better. We stayed in the hotel, had a nice dinner and an even better buffet the next day. It was e very, very nice day on the golf course that made our day. Had a wonderful green and sunny day on the Tudor House golf course.

• Stayed May 2014
Harrietsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for New Years Eve and found it was excellent. Polite staff, clean room and lots of room in the bedroom as well. The food was very good and I can highly recommend the breakfast. You were allowed to eat without feeling rushed and the grounds and facilities were of a high standard too. I now live round the corner from this hotel and for any guests that I can't put up in the house, they stay there and they have all said the same.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Janine

Thank you for your great trip advisor! I am delighted that we are your preferred hotel should you not be able to accommodate all your guests.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed at Tudor park as part of group of 20 friends and felt that the staff were helpful. Although there were other large groups/functions over the weekend including a wedding the restaurant and bar areas were large enough to accommodate everyone and we did not feel on top of one another. Good golf and leisure facilities. Only downside seems to be that we had booked standard room with double bed and all of our party seemed to be told the same thing on arrival that there were only twin bedded rooms overlooking car park and did we want to upgrade for queen size bed. We asked to see upgrade room as this was an extra 25 pounds per night and managed to get terrace overlooking golf course hich was lovely but other members of our group who upgraded were given first floor rooms and were a little disappointed to be paying just for bed and view!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first! I have never done this but heard the person in front of me request this!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Krore
Thank you for taking the time to complete trip advisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be helpful. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We do have a range of different rooms for the different travellers we receive, I apologise if you found that the upgraded rooms on the first floor a little disappointing.

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!