“I would expect more from a 'country club hotel'” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bearsted
UK
“I would expect more from a 'country club hotel'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just spent a couple of nights in this hotel with a friend, just to relax and unwind. The price was a discounted last minute booking, working out about £70 per night, and it looked nice for the price. About 10mins drive(traffic lights permitting) into Maidstone, not much close to the hotel other than the road. The hotel was set back from the road with an earth mound, to attempt to dampen road noise I guess, the car park was a but messy with some violent speed bumps, the lobby was quite large, but reception was crammed into the corner, making it unwelcoming. Staff seemed friendly enough.
The room was of reasonable quality, although every time you opened the door the handle smacked the mirror on the wardrobe behind, was clean and well decorated. As far as facilities, beds were a little soft, but a large TV with sports channels free. The were signs of wear and tear around, the balcony had heavily rotted wood, looking unappealing and almost unsafe, the rooms fridge had been removed and just a void left. The shower was one of the worst I have used, with hardly any water pressure and none if you took it off the mount. When we popped out for a few hours despite leaving the do not disturb sign on the door to save them having to work round our unpacked items, housekeeping were in attendance when we returned, which was an annoyance.
I Took advantage of the gym when I first arrived, with weights room seperate to the fitness(cardio) room, which was nice. Good range of equipment, but some were a little tired, I was close to breaking my arm when the handle feel off the chest press mid lift! I assume the gym is used by country club and gold course residents, as there were some hardcore exercisers present. The pool was, as always, not as good as it looked in the pictures, but I didn't get to use it as when I went to go there was a kids swimming lesson on, which I found a little annoying.
All in all I thought the price would have meant excellent value for money, But instead I felt a little let down, didn't feel as exclusive as I hoped it might and am sure it will need to have some money spent on it soon to bring it up to date.

Room Tip: The golf course facing rooms have a premium price, car park facing aren't noisy, upstairs have b...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Have stayed at many Marriott hotels, I would say this is probably the worst, shower was poor over the bath, it had no power at all, towels left you literally covered in white fluff and smelled strongly of cleaning product!! Some areas of the hotel were tired and dated, others were newly decorated in lurid lime and yellow colours. Lockers in pool/gym areas are poor, changing rooms are clean and seemed reasonably well maintained. A struggle to get healthy food in the restaurant, the menu needs a re-vamp. Many staff spoke really poor English, more staff spoke better English when we stayed at the Marriott in Rome !! Very noisy on Saturday 14th did not quieten down until 3.30am! better on Sunday 15th checked out on Monday 16th with relief!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My mum got married here last year so we stayed for 2 nights. The food was fabulous and they were extremely friendly there. On the first night we got plenty of sleep and it was lovely and quiet so no problem atall. The breakfast was stunning, absolutely delicious! They made an effort with the wedding and the wedding food was delicious. It is a good place to stay for a spa and a great place to play golf. The second night we also got good sleep, it is a lovely and extremely clean hotel, I recommend it a lot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here over Easter weekend for a 3 night break, friendly and helpful check-in staff. We were given a room on the ground floor which was fine but very warm and the thermostat on the radiator was broken so there was only one setting .....red hot.
We were however offered another room without any fuss. Later I decided to have a shower before going out to eat. Unfortunately when I stepped into the bath (shower over bath) I fell into the bath and banged my head also bruising my knee and elbow.
When I had recovered enough to look I found that there was an oily substance in the bottom of the bath which may have been left there from somebody taking a bath with oil in it.
Luckily I was fine but had I been older or infirm I could have injured myself badly. I didn't report the incident as we had already had to be moved and we had only been in the hotel for a matter of hours ....really I probably should have in case it happens to someone else.

The room itself was good as hotel rooms go, very comfortable beds, twin room had three quarter size beds not singles. Chairs were comfortable, plenty of storage, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities etc and a cosy feel.

There is a safe in the room which is free, we needed to get maintenance to fit new batteries in ours.

Bathroom was fine but the extractor didn't work.

Breakfast was also fine, shown to table, tea or coffee brought straight away, good choice of food. Some nice fresh bread.

We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but we did use the bar food menu. This is a bit limited and I struggled a bit on choice. It is also quite expensive.
I had a chicken caesar salad which was nice.

We didn't use the pool or gym.

The decor in the main areas of the hotel is retro style .....60's/70's with citrus colours - quite nice but personally would prefer cosier.

It was busy in the hotel over the Easter weekend but we found all members of staff to be very pleasant, helpful and welcoming though some worked all weekend.

Overall a good place to stay but seems to have a few maintenance issues.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here as we had an event starting early the following morning, and wanted to avoid the drive early morning.
We looked for quite some time at reviews etc on various hotels in the area and couldn't pick one that was a runaway winner.
In the end, this was probably the nicest looking one with the best reviews, so we booked it hoping for the best.
The staff were lovely from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. The room was very pleasant. Nothing to blow you away, but good standard clean, spacious, similar to what you would expect from a Premier Inn, but probably slightly bigger.
There was a wedding on while we were there, and we did think that the music might be a problem, keeping us up, but we didn't hear a thing all night.
The restaurant is lovely, with great food, and the bar area is split on two levels, and is a great place to go and relax.
We paid for the breakfast and room deal (which was about £10 more than the room on it's own), and this is probably a good way to do it. The breakfast was nice, and well worth £5 extra per person.
We didn't have a chance to try out the pool, gym or spa area, but they also seemed quite nice. Although limited seating areas around the pool from what I saw.
The only problem we did find during our stay was with the shower. Although the water was hot enough etc, the power of the jet was poor. You did have to stand right under the shower head. There was little pressure at all.
We would definitely stay there again though, as we thought it was well worth the money.

Room Tip: If there is a wedding on, you may wish to ask for one away from the reception room, as it could be n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here for a two night break. The room was very clean and comfortable and the bar and public areas were of a high standard. We received a very warm welcome from the reception staff. Although we had read some criticisms of the restaurant on TA we decided to eat "in" the first night. The restaurant offered a good selection of food but there were only four tables occupied. The food was tasty and well presented but rather overpriced (as were the drinks). We played golf the following morning and found the course very busy with several large "society" groups. It is a challenging course but the fairways and greens are not particularly good quality. Our stay included breakfasts which were plentiful and with a huge amount of choice. The cooked food was offered buffet style and although it was of good quality, much of it was lukewarm by the time it was taken back to the table to eat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as part of a conference with work.

The rooms were of a reasonable standard with en suite, shower over the bath, coffee making facitities. The bed was comfortable

The hotel had a lovely swimming pool, sauna, steam room and a very good gym with upto date equipment.

The food was reasonable.

Room Tip: Bring your gym kit and swim wear.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Tudor Park, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!