“Don't bring your dog! As anything of interest is inside and no dogs but their own are allowed.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor Brooke Winery

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Woodstock
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Average place but the wine tasted good. We were greeted with you can't bring your dog in here! It's the only reason we came. :(

Visited July 2013
Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I'm sorry that you were taken by surprise that we do not allow other dogs in the tasting room(we do clearly state on our website that they are allowed on leash outside, but not in the tasting room). One reason is that our winery dog is inside. However, the main reason is the liability of a dog biting or even barking at someone (we get children visiting, too) or not "liking" another dog that comes in. We also get some guests who are afraid of dogs, at which time, we put our dog in our house. We hope you understand our policy and visit us again.

Vernon, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Start to Wine Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We frequented this winery last summer and I am late getting the start on writing about it but it definitely came to mind again as it is summertime and time to go again!! Last summer we went with another couple and their four legged pooch. Unfortunately because they had the winery dog there we had to leave our four legged one in the car although Barry was awesome enough to make sure to provide water for Mr Mason. Barry by far was the HIT of the whole show and tasting..his flair and knowlege about the wines was exceptional and he was the first person to get my fiance to laught after the unexpected death of his mother the month before. He was compassionate and kind and made it an experience. I felt like I was sitting at a friends house having a dinner party minus the food but with an over abundance of laughter and good wine. The wines at this winery are superb and you get quite the renage and variety for your buck!! I like that unlike at some wineries they do have a dump bucket inorder for you to elegantly dispose of the wine you don't care for. The tasting takes place at a bar like area inside that is tastefully decorated and makes it easy to socialize with others there for the tasting. The prices were below what I expected to pay for such great wine and I love the seasonal classics that come out each season. Afterwards we each purchased a glass of our favorites and relaxed by the vines with the dog. It is a great winery. I only have one complaint and that is that the dessert wines (which are out of this world) are not available for purchase by the glass..I would have gladly paid double for them as they were welll worth it. We happily purchased several bottles as well as a bottle of their summer peach and glasses for a couple who were unable to join us that day. Taylor Brooke is a must winery and definitely will be one we frequent often throughout the year.

Visited July 2012
Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely and thoughtful review! I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience...that is certainly our #1 priority (after striving to make the best and most interesting wines for our customers). We are very proud of all of our staff and I will certainly pass on the accolades to Barry. He will be thrilled! Hope you will visit us again soon. Linda
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great wine, Great conversation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a great time at Taylor Brook with my sweetheart this past weekend. I am from NC and was really excited about trying some new wines. I was pleasantly surprised. The owner was delightful with her stories about the history them of the property and how she and her husband started the business. I like sweet wines and was very pleased with the the Sangria. It is a great "porch" wine that you can drink anytime. I walked out the door with a bottle of Sangria and a bottle of Raspberry Rendezvous dessert wine. I highly recommend visiting the winery if you are in town.

Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit! I had fun with you as well and just to let you know...I relayed your story of visiting from NC and calling our Sunny Sangria, "porch wine"! Here we call it deck wine. Hope to see you again.
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
“Spring Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had been at Taylor Brooke for a fall harvest and again for a Valentines Weekend, but never in early spring. Even when we arrived there were others on the wine trail doing a sampling of Linda and Dick's wines. We were worried that the late freeze had affected the crop but it was safe.

Dick took us out back to see the vines. He did a serious cutback and the vines responded with a wealth of potential grape clusters for our next fall harvest.

We really enjoy his infused wines but this time leaned to the more traditional wines. The St. Croix Rose was the overwhelming favorite but the Sunny Sangria, made with blood oranges, was wonderful. We ventured out to the Woodstock Valley Red, since we are mainly white wine drinkers. We could learn to love reds with this wine.

So what did we finally purchase?
1. Several locally produced glazes and marinades
2. Summer Peach
3. St. Croix Rose
4. Woodstock Valley Red
5. Wine Dog 1 - Zima was a favorite and TB donates to the local shelters
6. Corot Noir - a cold climate Pinot Noir

On to the next trip back.

Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Bob & Cindy, it's always a pleasure to see you. Cindy, what a thoughful idea to give out our wine to parents who help in your classroom! We are very honored. See you soon.
Bondsville, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“Great Times, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Taylor Brook for some years. There wine is wonderful, and the staff is very respectful, and helpful also. But Linda and Dick are great people... They make you feel so welcome and relaxed. What a wonderful winery, they have made. We love our times spent at Taylor Brook and we will be back, soooooon.

Linda A, Owner at Taylor Brooke Winery, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
One of our many loyal Massachuesetts customers! We are very grateful for your continued patronage, even if you're "over the line!" Please visit us again soon.