“Somethings good, somethings terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: American
Woodbury, Connecticut, United States
“Somethings good, somethings terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to the Woodbury Diner many times. I love their Prime Rib special and their desserts. The rest of it just doesn't cut it with me. You get a dinky salad, and a choice of potato or vegetables, not both. Kind of odd. The vegetables are horrible as they are always over cooked and mushy. The taste is crummy as well. I have been waiting for the changes that are needed to come. The wait staff is adequate but there can be long periods of time before they come by again. They need to constantly scan the room.

I will be back for the Prime Rib, I hope they get better vegetables.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Woodbury, Connecticut
“A great hometown place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We come here often, especially on Thursday nights for the prime rib and au gratin potatoes. Yum! The food is good and the service is great. Most of the waitstaff remembers what we want from week to week.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbury
“Usually Very Good, Not Great Today”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We eat here a couple of times a month and it is usually really good. Today, I was in the mood for a big breakfast. I know they have good corned beef hash and I had a craving, so I headed over.
The hash was as good as ever with a generous portion, and the eggs were cooked perfectly, but the hash brown potatoes were spongy and not crisp. They make very good home fried potatoes and I might stick with them next time.
I still recommend this place and I will definitely go back. The food has been good, the service very good and the prices very reasonable. Today, it fell a bit short.

Visited February 2013
Waterbury, Connecticut
“great comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

great comfort food worth looking for a little off the beaten track but good food at very reasonable prices for the family

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“The best deal in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

A great family dinner, what even makes it better is that you can bring your own beer or wine. That makes eating out much less expensive than if you had to buy your drinks.. The small Prime Rib is more than big enough and very good . We meed friends their at least once a month. Try it you will like it..

Visited August 2012