“Awesome time if your in for a thrill” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 7 Attractions in Woodbury
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
“Awesome time if your in for a thrill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been here 2 times in the past week because it was so much fun. Kids should stay on the ski mountain side. Teenagers and adults go big or go home. We loved it and cant wait to go back next year.

Linden, New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
“Nice place, good for beginners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went here on a Living Social voucher, So we actually got a two for one. Included was ski lift, boots, ski's and a one hour lesson.. I had a blast !!!!! Even though I busted my butt all day, ( I couldn't ski worth a d@#m!! ), my wife was like a first time professional.... She loved it !!!! The boots are heavy as hell, The Bathrooms DEFINITELY need to be cleaned better, and more than what seems like once a week, The inside rental people were helpful for the most part, ( Once you could get their attention away from the intense "what we did last night" conversation) .Outside was nice, the hills were adaquate, the lesson we got was thorough. It's in a real nice location ( 10-15 miles from Danbury ), the scenery is beautiful. It's a nice day out. Would I drive 2 hours AGAIN to ski there???? No. Would I buy a 5.00 hamburger that was lacking in all respects AGAIN??? No. Would I suggest to the owner that he give his staff a lesson on proffesionalism??? Yes. Would I recomend this place??? I'd give it a 5 out of 10. I wouldn't plan a vacation centered around this place, but it's OK for a couple hours of low expectation skiing...... Go and enjoy yourself, just don't expect to much.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Human Bowling Alley--HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was one of the most dangerous tubing area I have been to. There is no personnel on the top of the tubing or the bottom. People just line up and go down the lanes without noticing there are people down below trying to get up. One of the lanes is close to a fence that looks like it's falling apart and people bang into it and get hurt. They have a few tubes to prevent and more severe accident. While there one girl hit her face on the fence and was checking to see if she cracked a tooth. And the fence is connected to the parking lot. No one around to come out to see if she was alright. They picture on the website are very, very deceiving. Never going back and not referring anyone to this place. And there is hardly any snow.
I was hurt badly this weekend and so was my daughter.

Snowmore, Owner at Woodbury Ski Area, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
What makes our tubing park unique is the variation in the size and shape of the trails that range from beginner to expert levels. Unfortunately, what makes the trails exciting can also cause injury if the tuber does not follow the instructions given to them. We instruct all tubers in the proper tubing procedure and strongly recommend that helmets are worn to help keep everyone safe. We also recommend that everyone start out on the beginner hill to make sure they have the proper technique mastered before heading over to the more advanced trails. Yet, we still have customers that head over to the expert trails on their first run down the hill and who refuse to wear helmets. We do our best to make sure the customers know the risks of not following the rules. We do what is in our power to avoid any injuries as we want everyone to have a safe an fun afternoon when tubing in our park.
“Good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Went snow tubing on March 2nd 2013 with 12 year old daughter, her friend and her Dad. Place was recommended by a friend. We had a really Great Time! If your expecting a Park City Utah experience with a 5 star bistro then this place is not for you. For me this was a quick drive up from Long Island, I knew ahead of time that it is a small ski area, not usually crowded and our focus was snow tubing. Last Saturday was not crowded, the patrons were mostly families. The All Day Pass was very reasonable priced hence the excellent rating! There was NO line cutting or rude people which drives me crazy! Overall I recommend and will definitely go back! Peter Lennon.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Good day of Tubing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My three kids had a great day! The tubing runs are fast and fun. The lines went quick. They tried all three runs that were open. The management is hands on, and is very clear with warnings, and cautions for the younger folk. We would definitely come back!