“Human Bowling Alley--HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Woodbury
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Human Bowling Alley--HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was one of the most dangerous tubing area I have been to. There is no personnel on the top of the tubing or the bottom. People just line up and go down the lanes without noticing there are people down below trying to get up. One of the lanes is close to a fence that looks like it's falling apart and people bang into it and get hurt. They have a few tubes to prevent and more severe accident. While there one girl hit her face on the fence and was checking to see if she cracked a tooth. And the fence is connected to the parking lot. No one around to come out to see if she was alright. They picture on the website are very, very deceiving. Never going back and not referring anyone to this place. And there is hardly any snow.
I was hurt badly this weekend and so was my daughter.

Snowmore, Owner at Woodbury Ski Area, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
What makes our tubing park unique is the variation in the size and shape of the trails that range from beginner to expert levels. Unfortunately, what makes the trails exciting can also cause injury if the tuber does not follow the instructions given to them. We instruct all tubers in the proper tubing procedure and strongly recommend that helmets are worn to help keep everyone safe. We also recommend that everyone start out on the beginner hill to make sure they have the proper technique mastered before heading over to the more advanced trails. Yet, we still have customers that head over to the expert trails on their first run down the hill and who refuse to wear helmets. We do our best to make sure the customers know the risks of not following the rules. We do what is in our power to avoid any injuries as we want everyone to have a safe an fun afternoon when tubing in our park.

“Good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Went snow tubing on March 2nd 2013 with 12 year old daughter, her friend and her Dad. Place was recommended by a friend. We had a really Great Time! If your expecting a Park City Utah experience with a 5 star bistro then this place is not for you. For me this was a quick drive up from Long Island, I knew ahead of time that it is a small ski area, not usually crowded and our focus was snow tubing. Last Saturday was not crowded, the patrons were mostly families. The All Day Pass was very reasonable priced hence the excellent rating! There was NO line cutting or rude people which drives me crazy! Overall I recommend and will definitely go back! Peter Lennon.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Good day of Tubing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My three kids had a great day! The tubing runs are fast and fun. The lines went quick. They tried all three runs that were open. The management is hands on, and is very clear with warnings, and cautions for the younger folk. We would definitely come back!

Prospect, Connecticut
“RUDE OWNERSHIP”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I received free lift & rental tickets to this place as a gift. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot we knew it was just the beginning of a horrible experience. There was nobody on the mountain at 12pm when we arrived. When we went in to get our lift tickets and rentals the staff who didn't speak English told us that the lift only gets turned on at 3:30. I didn't understand why they couldn't just turn it on for us, so we came back at 3pm. The kid doing the rentals had no idea what he was doing, or where to find things. The rental room smelled like a sweaty locker room and the equipment was in horrible condition. My boots had a hole in the toe and my snowboard had a broken binding.
We walked up the bunny slope and snowboarded down a couple times to get warmed up while we waited for the lift to be turned on. When we saw the owner walk buy we asked him if he was going to turn the lift on. He yelled to a worker to turn the kiddie lift that you stand on to take you half up the bunny slope on. We laughed and said we want the ski lift, we were walking up higher than that thing would take us. He claimed had no one to operate it till 6:30. After getting upset that at 12pm he said to come back at 3:30 and now saying 6:30 we started to complain saying we wanted a refund for a lift ticket. He told us our vouchers weren't good for lift tickets ( funny because we had them attached to our jackets; the very ones he handed us 15 min prior ) He then stated that after watching me he wouldn't let me go on the chair lift because I don't know what I'm doing. My boyfriend told him he'd been boarding for 20 years and would like to use the lift then. The owner said he wasn't going to turn the lift on for one person. When we started to walk away he told my boyfriend he'd turn the lift on just for him. What's the point if he wasn't going to let me? He claimed he has one of the most dangerous chair lifts in the area which is a joke. I've been to plenty of ski resorts and gotten on and off lifts with no problem. After being insulted we walked back to give the rentals back, he then told me he'd turn it on and I could go. As we were walking out he said he didn't know why we were walking out, he'd turn it on for us. After being insulted and being lied to why would we stay? After reading all the previous bad reviews and going there today and seeing first hand the condition of the place I'm surprised this place hasn't been shut down.

Snowmore, Owner at Woodbury Ski Area, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
I saw her boyfriend teaching her how to snowboard in the beginner area of the hill. I saw that she was very frustrated and was having a difficult time turning left or right and was falling down. The boyfriend approached me to ask if I could turn on the lift - I assumed he meant the magic carpet lift that services the beginner area. He said no I want the chair lift. I said she is not experienced enough to use the chair lift. The hill accessed by the chair lift is very steep and I said I would not take responsibility for letting her use the chair lift as I did not think it was a good idea. So I finally said ok if you want to use it I will turn it on, but they left.
3 attraction reviews
“Terrible management, unknowledgeable staff, fun snow tubing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

For my sisters bday I planned for everyone to meet for snow tubing as a surprise. This place was the most convenient for everyone to meet. While making the reservations the young girl on the phone had to put me on hold several times because she didn't know how to reserve a birthday party. They also charged my credit card before the day of the actual party. We ended up having to reschedule because it down poured that night. When I called to cancel for that night due to raining down pour I talked to the manager. He was quite rude and presumptuous. He rudely interupted me to say "We'll your not getting a refund" I merely asked what the protocol was for rescheduling due to the weather.

So I rescheduled and when I arrived they had no paperwork for my reservation and expected us to wait an hour for next snow tubing session. I told her we should not be docked our time and have to wait because they (company) is unorganized. So she gave us our 1 1/2 of tubing time and apologized. She rectified that situation. I only gave the overall experience 2 stars because it was very fun once you get beyond the mostly rude, unknowledgeable, unfriendly, unorganized staff which is clearly a direct reflection of bad management+ any training he may give these young teenagers. There was also a man on top of the tubing area, he was very nice and made sure things ran smoothly up there. Dark skin, dark haired man. Seemed like the smartest person at this place. That and the tubing runs were very fun. There was many places where metal was showing+ one kid almost hit her head on a picnic table because no one had moved it away from the tubing area(the kid was safely wearing a helmet I might add) Even though in this instance she would of hit the front of her face!!! Add unsafe as well. The guy I mentioned(dark hair+skin) was the only one attempting to fix unsafe areas

Ski A, Owner at Woodbury Ski Area, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hello,

I am very sorry you had a negative experience here at Woodbury Ski Area. You mentioned that when booking your birthday party, the staff member did not know how to reserve a birthday party. Unfortunately, new staff do not remember every aspect of the business. I apologize for this inconvenience, and we take your review into consideration for constructive criticism. The ski area is safe, there are signs at the top and bottom of every hill that state the safety precautions that should be taken. If safety precautions are not followed, people get hurt.

Thank you.