“Woodbury Should be Closed Down. Dangerous and Completely Negligent.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Woodbury Ski Area

Woodbury Ski Area
785 Washington Road, Woodbury, CT 06798
+1 203-263-2203
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Woodbury
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“Woodbury Should be Closed Down. Dangerous and Completely Negligent.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We decided to go snow tubing and looked online to find a snow tubing place that allowed my almost 4 year old to tube as well. I should have left her home because I have to say one of the most disgustingly unorganized and dangerous places I have been to.

We went with my wife, my father in law and my 7 and 3 year olds. It was packed but that was to be expected since we went on 12/28. We paid for this family tube that looked like fun. The family tube is very heavy and no one told us that there was a beginner hill across the street so we tried to put this very heavy family tube on this little conveyor belt and it was not working my wife fell and so did my child and almost got trampled. It is a complete free for all with no one there to help. There are no signs to say this is the beginners hill and this is the advanced. If you love moguls/bumps and the possibility of getting severely hurt this is for you. If you have children do not go.

We went on the beginner hill and that was a Little better, but as you are waiting on Line there are people coming down the hill crashing into you. I am not a complainer and not very litigious, but this place should be closed down. When we spoke to the manager he was obnoxious and condescending saying it is our responsibility for everything. We spent 205 dollars for it to be our responsibility. I don't think so. I wish I would have read the reviews first. We even saw a kid going down one of the advanced trails, he could not have been more than 9 and he was seriously hurt and no one was there to help him as he was crying in the middle of the hill. I had to motion to the only worker I saw all day and he went to him. I am all for fun and exciting, but this place is run by uncaring, apathetic incompetent people and I would definitely not bring any families here. There are much better and well run places in the area.

Visited December 2012

New York, New York, United States
“SMALL PLACE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

It's is true that you enjoy snow tubing but this place is not what see on the wessite. IT'S VERY SMALL. Basically you cross the street and there is an area for snow tubing and then you cross and there is the other "park" where there s only TWO roads of basically 2 minute ride down the hill. This place HAS TERRIBLE PARKING. ALSO THE INSTRUCTORS OR THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. A girl was going down the hill the wrong way and the guys (or the people that work there) saw it and he did not say anything to her "NOT EVEN "ARE YOU OKAY?" it was completely unsafe. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
“What an experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I took my brother out for the zorbing experience for his 21st birthday and I have to admit it didn't disappoint. I did feel that the ball was not completely full but it was too late to complain when you are rolling down a hill. We had the entire park to ourselves. It was completely empty on a Saturday. We did the tubing which was fun except your knees got scraped a lot. We also did the zip lining which was fun. The staff was very kind and allowed us to make the best of the three hours in the park since we were the only people there. The only problem they had no food and there concession stand was not stocked.

Visited October 2012
Yorktown Heights, New York
“save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have wanted to go zip lining for a while so when I saw a deal on Groupon which included zip lining, summer tubing, zorbing, and creek side swimming I jumped on it. Before beginning the hour long trip to get to the ski area i called to make sure my groupon would be accepted (it said reservation required) the phone rang 10 times before being answered. The man who answered it sounded like he had been woken up and when I asked if this was the Woodbury Ski Area he answered "sure." Oooooook.

We arrived and saw the ski area.... I think its fair to say that what we found was not what we expected. The entire area was severely under staffed. The staff members that were there included a handful of teenage boys and an older man. Most of the activities were unmanned, leaving guests to figure everything out for themselves.

The zip lining (the reason my friend and I went in the first place) was more than disappointing. It was 1 unfinished line. You ride it out, then swing back to the middle of the line where you wait for someone to come with a ladder to get you down. For real, I couldn't make this stuff up...

We decided not to zorb as it was understaffed, the staff that were there seemed to be figuring it out as they went, and we watched one zorb ball deflate midway down the hill...

Over all this place was a total rip off. The whole thing was over priced, even factoring in the 50% discount we got by using our groupons. The man who checked us in told me they were trying to build their summer business... they will need to try A LOT harder! At least the parking was free!

Visited September 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“Don't believe the bad reviews...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I just visited Woodbury Ski Area yesterday to go tubing... Have to say it was one of the BEST adventures - the two hills were well maintained, the staff was great, the deal was decent. Soooo much fun. Spent two hours careening down hills, enjoying the beautiful weather, the views, it was such a great day. The owner mentioned two other tubing summer trails are in the making - can't wait to go back and try them out. Talked to other people tubing and the consensus was everyone LOVED it.

The bathrooms were super clean, the food was typical ski area food, but well made overall. Not sure where the bad reviews are coming from. It's a small hill to go skiing, sure, but you don't have the crowds, the price is decent, planning to go there this winter for half a day of skiing and snow boarding.

Visited September 2012