“Insider, Fly Right Out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

You added Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport to your Saves list
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, CT 06096   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Tokyo
“Insider, Fly Right Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is not at the airport, or across from the airport— but is INSIDE BDL, which serves Hartford, CT, and all of southern New England.

The UA check-in is only a couple of hundred meters around the corner from the hotel's reception desk. AC is further down but not too far away. (You may not check-in at UA for other Star Alliance carriers.) It would be nice to have some luggage carts at the check-in level, even if not strictly necessary.

Rooms are commodious and the restaurant has been revamped. There is a bar area with wi-fi and it serves the same food. Staff are polite and various rental car vans stop right in front of the Sheraton's entrance upon request. All this gets even more attractive in the New England winter.

Express check-out is perfect and we awakened to find the receipt under the door. NOTE: for ongoing individual or group transport anywhere in New England, contact Thomas Transport. It
serves all the area schools and has always been most dependable. They are used to kids, too.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a quiet room, possibly at the end of a corridor farther from the runway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review packed with great information for TripAdvisor readers and future guests of our hotel. I’m very pleased that we’ve made such a positive impression and earned a 5 star review from you. I hope we’re able to continue serving you and your family during flights to and from BDL.

Anish Patney,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'm a consultant and travel to the Hartford area on a weekly basis. I tried out probably every hotel in the area. I love this Sheraton by the airport and I pretty much know everyone by name. As a platinum SPG member, I have access to the club lounge where there is pretty decent food and great staff! I wake up every day early in the morning and have great conversations with Hope (morning lounge staff) who is attentive, friendly, and funny! All other staff I met was also great as well. The beds are awesome too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Katherine, I truly appreciate your comments and am very pleased to know that our platinum SPG Members like you are enjoying the benefits of our club lounge. It was also great to read that our Sheraton is preferred over the other hotels in the area as far as you’re concerned! I will be sure to let Hope know that you’ve mentioned her and that her professionalism and friendliness has not gone unnoticed.

Thank you again for your review and letting us know we’re your “go to” hotel near BDL airport.

New Haven, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a "crack of dawn" flight to catch and decided to spend the previous night at a Hartford-Bradley airport hotel. It was not the lowest price available in the area, but the convenient, no-hassle location and the generally good reputation of Sheraton Hotels made us select it. We had a restful night after enjoying a pleasant, if not gourmet dinner at the hotel. Our room was large, the bed especially comfortable and we liked the available choice of pillows. All rooms are well insulated from airport noises! It was really great to just walk down the hall (albeit a long one) to reach the security area and checking in. We'll do it again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I value the feedback from TripAdvisor Top Contributors very highly, so I want to thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport. Your comments are just the kind my team and I strive to find here on TripAdivsor. Our restaurant is a hidden gem here in Windsor Locks, so I was especially delighted to find that your meal at Concorde’s was fantastic! I’ll be sharing you comment with our restaurant associates and the chef. I’m also thrilled that we surpassed your expectations and have become your preferred hotel for your future trips from BDL.
Again, thank you for your review. Safe travels!

Jordan, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently attended some training classes held at the Sheraton Bradley. I flew in to the airport and walked directly from the gate to the hotel. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. It was a busy schedule with a two night stay and two and a half days of classes. Sheraton provided a catered continental breakfast and lunch during the conference.
All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and eager to please.
As a preferred guest there were several free newspapers every morning.
I ate dinner one night at the hotel in the Concorde restaurant and it was excellent and the service was very good. The second night the hotel shuttle took us both ways to an excellent seafood restaurant called the Maine fish market.
I was given a late checkout so that after the meeting I could use the room for a short time until my plane departure. A very short walk from the hotel to airport and away I go. Like I said a unique experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I really appreciate that you took the time to share your two-day experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. Your comments highlight the commitment that our associates have to exceeding the expectations of our guests and the excellence our meetings and banquets team strives to provide. I’m thrilled that your stay was pleasant and I do hope you’ll think of us if your travels bring you back to the Hartford area.

Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It was my first time at the Sheraton at Bradley Airport and it was a great experience and I'd highly recommend it. Immaculately clean; accommodating & professional staff; nice fitness center and pool; very convenient location; nice room; easy to get around; good amenities; nice lobby area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving your Sheraton Bradley hotel review on TripAdvisor. It’s always good to read the feedback that’s positive in nature. I see that you’re a Connecticut resident, so I hope we’ve earned your repeat business and consideration for your travel or meeting needs in the future. Thank you again for letting us know we were able to make your stay with us a great one!

Shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After 26 years it seems that we found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow at the Sheraton Bradley. As luck would have it the economy made it impossible to reach our contract requirements. I was expecting the worse since we fell far short of expectations. Was I ever wrong, we have never been treated with such hospitality. The staff all went out of their way to handle anything I requested, Seemed to be able to set up special meals and facilities on a moments notice. Miss Ziemba was the most gracious and accommodating sales rep I have ever encountered. More like a Hostess than a manager. On behalf of our organization I extend a big Thank You.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ms. Ziemba and the entire Sheraton Bradley events team was thrilled to receive such high praise from your TripAdvisor review. Many consider our hotel for guestroom nights and excellent hospitality; however we carry that high level of quality service into the events and meetings held at our Windsor Locks hotel. I’m very pleased that your event was a success and that our team was able to do whatever it took to please you and the attendees.

Hanover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We attended a small convention at this hotel. The staff was excellent and the facility was clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, although the pillows were a bit too soft for me. The hotel restaurant is fine, although typically pricey. We found several nearby restaurants since we had a car. Our meals in conjunction with the function were excellent. Even though the hotel is above the terminal, the rooms are extremely quiet.

Room Tip: If you like to watch the aircraft, take a room toward the tarmac. I barely heard the planes land or...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It’s wonderful to get high praise from a Senior TripAdvisor Contributor! Thank you for your positive comments and leaving a room tip for the TripAdvisor readers to review.

Based on your comment related to pillows - I would like to encourage any readers that do stay with us in the future to call down to the front desk at any point during your stay to request alternate pillows. Our associates would be glad to provide a different type of pillow that suits your preference.

Again, thank you for your review and I wish you safe travels.

Anish Patney

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!