“Not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport

You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Ella T. Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Locks, CT 06096-0020   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Wilmette, United States
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ended up staying here when the hotel I had originally booked could not accommodate me (another story!). I did not know what the rate was and wouldn't have stayed there if I'd known. The staff was very nice and helpful but the room wasn't so great - smelled stale, sink drain didn't work, spider in tub. Pretty dreary. Would've been fine at $90 per night,...not $180.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Stephanie,

Thanks for completing a review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you found the staff to be helpful. I am dissappointed and sorry that you were not happy with the room and the rate. We are doing some room improvements this year and I hope we'll be able to exceed your expectations if you give us another chance in the future.

Thanks,

-Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bridgewater, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Soon as we arrived, we noticed that the sheets on the beds were not changed on the sofabed. When we asked for the linens to be changed, housekeeping used the same linens and just made the bed! The front desk didn't seem too friendly and housekeeping woke us up by screaming "housekeeping" and knocking really loudly at 9:00 am, just to slip the bill under the door! I have stayed at MANY hotels before and usually the bill is just left on the table, or slipped under the door without having us disturbed in our sleep! I would definitely recommend staying at any other hotel or even a motel due to the cleanliness of the hotel room!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Uzma,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations and we’re actively working with our housekeeping team to focus on cleanliness and comfort throughout our property. We’ll keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate our service and training programs. Thank you again, and we hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here with 2 other colleagues, it did not disappoint. The place is so close to the airport it made the stay even more convenient. The bar stayed open until 1AM which was perfect for late night beverages. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear joeflav1 -

Thanks for completing a review of our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of Shade Bar & Grill. Not only is the bar open late, but the kitchen offers a full menu up until 12:30am, which is a great feature for our late arriving guests. See you again the next time!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've stayed at most of the airport hotels for the Hartford airport and this is pretty nice. It's a bit dated, but it's a full service hotel with a nice bar & restaurant. The service is friendly & excellent. Shuttle service begins at 4 AM, so it's great to drop off the rental car the night before. They will pick you up at the car rental drop off lot.

The room is nice and big and the bed comfortable. My only cons are no fridge in the room and the bathroom is very tiny. The toilet is up against the tub and the door opens right into the area. You have to close the door to use the toilet as it is in the way when open. See my attached pic.

Restaurant has nice menu, reasonable prices, great staff and the bar has some good craft beers on tap.

The bar offers two sizes of glasses. The "Tall" beer looks to be a 20 oz (says 20 on the tab), but is deceptive. The bottom the the glass is thicker, thus holds less. I actually measured by pouring one of my complimentary 500 ml bottles of water in it and it fill it to the rim.

Don't pay extra for the Tall beer as you only get 1.05 pints. Just order a pint and save your money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thanks for posting a very informative review. I'm glad you found the service and amenities to be good. It is true that our standard room types do not come equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. For those travelers that need this, we do offer portable units that we can place in the room upon request.

I thought your comments about the beer sizes were suprising, so I did a measurement experiment of my own as well. The glasses we use do in fact hold 16oz for the pint size and 20oz for the tall size. I'm not sure why this wasn't the case with yours, but I have brought this to the attention of the restaurant staff and managers so they can be more diligent in making sure we're using the correct glasses.

The next time you're in town, please let me know - I owe you a tall one! Thanks so much for your feedback!

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a basic room for parking , sleeping and flying. Clean and service is great.. Especially the shuttle to and from airport. Reliable and no worries. 24 hour shuttle service. Restaurant was okay .. Good service but food was just okay for the price. Not bad but not anything great. Tip-- Air conditioner in room is like a refridgorator when you first get there/ Turn it down ..It's COLD.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Clean rooms and good service - way up there on our list of priorities. Thanks for sharing about your experience at our hotel. Thanks also for your feedback about our restaurant. We'll be featuring some new items as part of our new menu soon - hopefully the next time you're back we can move up from just okay to great! If you have any specific suggestions on the items you tried, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again,

League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Close by the Bradley Airport.
Super nice employees in all departments and the restaurant serves food with a great full menu late(1am).
Shuttle runs all the time and will take you to stores are pharmacies.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are nice if on a long stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel! I appreciate your nice comments about our staff and I will share your review with the team. Take care and hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Stockbridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been looking for a GOOD place to stay when traveling out of Hartford. My old standby hotel is getting tired and the restaurant is poor. I tried another hotel in February, but it had no restaurant. After driving from the Berkshires, the last thing I want to do is get in the car again to find something to eat; but, I did and the local restaurants were mobbed and I couldn't even find a place to park. This time I tried the DoubleTree. It was PERFECT: the room, the restaurant, the long-term parking, etc. I can't say enough. This is now my hotel of choice in that area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Jeannie,

I'm glad you found us! Glad also you took the time to share your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am proud of our restaurant, Shade Bar & Grill. We've put a lot of effort and energy into making this a great gathering place - much better than your average hotel restaurant - in my humble opinion :-) We're just about to launch a new menu that will allow us to try some new items, while keeping all our favorites. Hope we see you again soon - and you can give us your feedback on the new menu!

-Bob

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!