“Good hotel for pre-flight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport

You added Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Locks, CT 06096   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
SAINT AUGUSTINE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Although this was one of the cheapest hotels near the airport, it was pretty shabby. The carpet in the room and hallways really needed replacement as well as the furniture. The wallpaper in bathroom and bedroom had filthy splatters. (food/drinks). The bathroom was clean and bed was comfortable, but we wouldn't stay there again. Staff very courteous and friendly, but doesn't make up for the bad quality of the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Mustafa M, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Daniel, Thank you for your good comments about cleanleness, comfort and the staff. We are planning to remodel some areas of the hotel this summer. We started from exterior. We have painted exterior of the hotel and repaired parking lot. I hope your next experience will be better. Thank you
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I live about 40 miles from the airport & had my daughter leaving on a 6 am flight. I hesitated spending the money for more " sleep time vs, commuting time " the night before her departure. Poor weather conditions were predicted so my decision to stay at the airport area was made.
The manager on duty greeted us warmly at the desk. The phones were ringing off the hook. He was calm, professional & polite to all. The manager's name was Mr. Mert. He was very through informing us of the shuttle to the airport starting at 4 am; suggesting we sign up right then so we didn't get distracted & forget. He remembered to offer us a wake up call, which I know is " protocol " but the last 3 hotels I stayed at, did not offer, I had to seek them out for the service.
The price was very reasonable. The room spacious & clean. The morning driver was very kind & pleasant. I felt badly that from what I observed, no one else on our particular shuttle gave him a tip of any kind. I hope this is NOT the normal behavior of guests. Every dollar adds up for each of us.The breakfast was available at 4 am vs. other hotels 6am . Would DEFINETLY recommend to others & return myself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ms. Hayesie. It is good to hear back from you and It was a great pleasure meeting with you here. I really appreciate your good comments about me, staff and the hotel. I am so happy you were pleased with everything here. I hope your daughter arrived safe and sent you couple of nice pictures from there. We will be looking for you here when she comes back 4 months later. Please contact me if I can be of any help at : gm@thedaysinnbradley.com Thank you Mustafa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

A friendly and accommodating staff, especially Johaley and Mustafa, made my stay here an unexpected pleasure. Rooms were clean and odor free, which has been rare at other hotels lately. However it's the staff that really stood out as exceptional. As I said above, this is a two star hotel with 4 star service. I'm kicking myself for putting up with the corollary, 4 star hotels with 2 star service, for so long. Road warriors cant get better value; I will be a repeat customer.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your good commments about me and the staff. Cleanleness is very important for a hotel. I am glad you found our hotel very clean. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again. Mustafa (gm@thedaysinnbradley.com)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Days Inn, I feel that for the price the Hotel is awesome. The rooms was nice and roomy, clean and the staff was wonderful. Lianne the head front desk lady was excellent, she made us feel very welcome, and did everything she can to make us feel comfortable. In fact the whole front desk team was outstanding. The housekeepers were somewhat lazy, we were there for about 2 weeks, so we did'nt need our room clean everyday, but when we did the ony housekeeper that did a good job was Liz. Liz made sure our room was nice and cozy, we were over 3,000 miles from home, but when we saw Lianne at the front desk and when Liz cleaned our room we felt like we were at home. Also love the cookies. The one thing that really trouble me was when we first checked in the hotel, there was this guy, who was sitting in the lobby eye balling us big time. It really gave us the creeps. We was like who is that, and wonder if they knew there was a guy in there lobby hanging out that didnt belong there.
We found out he work there, oh my gosh, he never spoke just gave us that creepy stare, in which if your female and traveling along is a creepy feeling. I think that while we were out he was in our room going threw our things, because one morning when my sister left early, I was in the room alone, and the do not disturb sign was outside the door. Plus we was not schedule to check out, also because of our lenght to stay the staff new we would request for our room to be clean or if we needed anything. Well about 2mins after my sister left, the creepy guy knock on the door asking if I needed anything. Keep in mind the do not disturb sign and it was 7:30 or 8:00 in the am. I really creeped me out. I have never felt so uncomfortable, yet love the hotel at the same time. I called the manager and left a message for him to call me back once I arrived home, and he never called me back. I even think my sister call also. Well I just felt it was important to voice my feelings. It is always good to feel safe at a hotel, I realize anything can happen but when a staff creeps you out like that, I just felt like other females should know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Beverly, Thank you for contacting us about a issue that made you uncomfortable. I received your message and I though I talked to you, but looks like I talked to your sister over the phone. I am so sory for this misunderstanding. After I personally investigate the incident, we took the necessery action for this . Just to let you know, that person is no longer with the company. I was happy to hear that rest of your stay was pleasant. We will be saving you more cookies next time:). Thank you.. Mustafa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very nice clean place. Staff is so helpfull . Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Gm is so nice. Best option for the price in the area. This is my first experience with days inn but loved it. I will definetly be back if I come to the area. Free shuttle to from airport and area restaurants is wonderful

• Stayed January 2013
Mustafa M, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much. This is what makes our day :). Appreciate it!

Been to Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport? Share your experiences!