“Great! 4 star service at 2 star rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Locks, CT 06096   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great! 4 star service at 2 star rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

A friendly and accommodating staff, especially Johaley and Mustafa, made my stay here an unexpected pleasure. Rooms were clean and odor free, which has been rare at other hotels lately. However it's the staff that really stood out as exceptional. As I said above, this is a two star hotel with 4 star service. I'm kicking myself for putting up with the corollary, 4 star hotels with 2 star service, for so long. Road warriors cant get better value; I will be a repeat customer.

• Stayed January 2013
Mustafa M, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your good commments about me and the staff. Cleanleness is very important for a hotel. I am glad you found our hotel very clean. Hope to see you next time. Thanks again. Mustafa (gm@thedaysinnbradley.com)

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Days Inn, I feel that for the price the Hotel is awesome. The rooms was nice and roomy, clean and the staff was wonderful. Lianne the head front desk lady was excellent, she made us feel very welcome, and did everything she can to make us feel comfortable. In fact the whole front desk team was outstanding. The housekeepers were somewhat lazy, we were there for about 2 weeks, so we did'nt need our room clean everyday, but when we did the ony housekeeper that did a good job was Liz. Liz made sure our room was nice and cozy, we were over 3,000 miles from home, but when we saw Lianne at the front desk and when Liz cleaned our room we felt like we were at home. Also love the cookies. The one thing that really trouble me was when we first checked in the hotel, there was this guy, who was sitting in the lobby eye balling us big time. It really gave us the creeps. We was like who is that, and wonder if they knew there was a guy in there lobby hanging out that didnt belong there.
We found out he work there, oh my gosh, he never spoke just gave us that creepy stare, in which if your female and traveling along is a creepy feeling. I think that while we were out he was in our room going threw our things, because one morning when my sister left early, I was in the room alone, and the do not disturb sign was outside the door. Plus we was not schedule to check out, also because of our lenght to stay the staff new we would request for our room to be clean or if we needed anything. Well about 2mins after my sister left, the creepy guy knock on the door asking if I needed anything. Keep in mind the do not disturb sign and it was 7:30 or 8:00 in the am. I really creeped me out. I have never felt so uncomfortable, yet love the hotel at the same time. I called the manager and left a message for him to call me back once I arrived home, and he never called me back. I even think my sister call also. Well I just felt it was important to voice my feelings. It is always good to feel safe at a hotel, I realize anything can happen but when a staff creeps you out like that, I just felt like other females should know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Beverly, Thank you for contacting us about a issue that made you uncomfortable. I received your message and I though I talked to you, but looks like I talked to your sister over the phone. I am so sory for this misunderstanding. After I personally investigate the incident, we took the necessery action for this . Just to let you know, that person is no longer with the company. I was happy to hear that rest of your stay was pleasant. We will be saving you more cookies next time:). Thank you.. Mustafa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very nice clean place. Staff is so helpfull . Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Gm is so nice. Best option for the price in the area. This is my first experience with days inn but loved it. I will definetly be back if I come to the area. Free shuttle to from airport and area restaurants is wonderful

• Stayed January 2013
Mustafa M, General Manager at Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much. This is what makes our day :). Appreciate it!
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Overall I want to say the hotel is clean, rooms are clean, front desk clerks are awsome, maintence is great. The breakfast bar is really good and well stocked. My room smelled great and I would stay there again. The only houskeeper that is a five star housekeeper totally stellar is Liz. The other houskeepers were lazy, left soap scum in the shower, did not vacum or dust. And one day the took the Do Not Distrub sign from inside the room and put it outside the door and left towels on the floor outside the door. If Liz is not working don't even bother to have your room cleaned because the other housekeeper is lazy.

NORMAN BATES (YOUNG Black Guy) who just sat in the lobby watching tv who looked like a guest. Just gave us the creeps when we first checked in. He kept staring at my sister and I. It would have been ok if he spoke to us. We are two black females, traveling alone and he creeped us out. Then one Friday morning I left the hotel room around 7:30 am had the do not distrurb sign on my door, my sister was in the room. We were not scheduled to check out, creepy guy knocks on the door 2 mins after I left. My sister said he asked her if she needed anything. I believe he was in our room when we left sniffing our underwear or who knows what. I would like for the hotel manager to find out why he came to our room so early with a do not distrurb sign on the door at 7:30 in the morning and were not checking out.

Overall the hotel is a 5, but they need to train and look behind the lazy housekeepers, have Liz the best housekeeper in the world check behind them. And do a back ground check on creepy guy.

Room Tip: Have Liz the housekeeper clean your room if you want it cleaned right.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HI Viola, please see my response to your sister's post above. You can come back! Norman Bates is not here anymore:). Thank you
LAFAYETTE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel fit our needs. Our flight out of Bradley was postponed and needed a place to stay. The shuttle service was great. this place was great out of necessity but I would not voluntarily choose this hotel. Next time we will probably upgrade to a better hotel but it did suffice in a pinch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

WEST HARTFORD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked this room at the last minute. My car broke down and I was working lots of extra hours to cover a co-worker's vacation. I work at the airport so the shuttle was very convenient. The great service I received really helped to relieve some of the stress I was feeling. Although I accidentally booked a smoking room I was cheerfully given a non-smoking room when I discovered my mistake. The free breakfast is heavy on carbs but it is FREE. My room was nice and there was plenty of hot water so I could soak some of my cares away. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport? Share your experiences!