“Our home for 20 nights” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Massachusetts
“Our home for 20 nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We sold our house and had to wait to get into our new home. We stayed at Candlewood Suites in Windsor Locks for three weeks. What could have been torture was fantastic! The people that work at the hotel were so nice and accommodating. The receptionists got to know my 10 year old son very well and we were sad to say goodbye to them! The whole experience was wonderful! Can't say enough- the 2 adjoining room were comfortable, spacious and very clean. Even our dog was comfortable and happy. We would go back to this hotel anytime!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Clev18,
Thank you so much for your review. It was wonderful having your family stay with us during your move. We hope all is going well in your new home and hope to see you someday soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The best experience by far especially when the receptionist Carmen checked me in. She made me feel like I was home. From the check-in to the check-out. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel where im in the Connecticut area!

• Stayed August 2013
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Meli9596,
Thank you for your recent post to Trip Advisor. I have shared your review with Carmen. I am so pleased you will be choosing our hotel for future trips to Connecticut. We look forward to seeing you. Thank you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with our grandchildren to visit multiple nearby attractions and this place was great! It had easy access to the Mass Turnpike in two directions which was helpful in our daily excursions.

We got 2 adjoining rooms with a connecting door, put the kids in the King Bed, and we took the room with the Queen Bed and recliner. The cost was equivalent to a single room in Springfield, MA. This worked out perfectly being close for supervision, yet separate rooms for watching TV and privacy in showering, dressing, etc. The rooms and the entire facility were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given extra towels upon request because the kids used the pool extensively so we took multiple showers. The cupboard worked out great for the kids to get breakfast and snacks.

The only problem we encountered was in overhead noise from the kids above jumping off the bed and running around the room above. I notified the front desk and they immediately called the room. When the noise continued, she went directly up to the room and it stopped. When it started the second night, I went down to the front desk and found a different attendant. She said she had been left a note about the problem and immediately went up to the room and stopped it. You can't blame the motel for idiots and I just thank God stupidity isn't contagious.

We visited Sturbridge Village the first day and the Springfield Museums the second day, each of which were about a 45 minute drive. We also stopped at the Berkshire Botanical Gardens on our way back to NY but these will be covered in separate reviews.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear FreD690,
Thank you for your recent review. Our two bed/two bath suite is a great option for our families and we are pleased to hear it suited your needs. I apologize about the over the head noise from the room above you. I am pleased that we could take care of it to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your post and enjoy the rest of your summer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were travelling from Virginia to Maine on the 26th of July and most hotels in the area were already booked. I had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before, but I sure will from now on! This facility was wonderful, from the nice front desk staff to the neat idea of getting vouchers for food items. At first I was disappointed about not having a breakfast included in the room rate, but having several items to purchase made that disappointment a bit better to deal with. The room was spotless, updated, with a nice little kitchenette. The bed was THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I've ever encountered in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Michail99,
It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Candlewood Suites! I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the coupons for breakfast we provide. Our Candlewood Cupboard has many great breakfast items to choose from and the breakfast coupon allows you to pick it up at night in the cupboard and bring it back to your room for the morning. We also have a great new bedding package and I am glad it made the bed the best! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in your travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked through an agency that found Candlewood Suites for me and promised two seperate rooms. I called the day of check-in to make sure the rooms were sll set and was told the rooms were connected with no door. I was so angry because the trip was a getaway for my husband and I so we wanted privacy from
our16 and 6 year old boys. The woman on the phone was so nice and told me that she would try her best to accomodate us. I called the booking agency back and waited on hold for an hour and all they could do was offer to cancel my booking and refund my money. I was even more upset because my kids were already looking forward the this getaway. When I got to the hotel I was greeted by Carmen, and she was amazing! She had already fixed the problem (that she did not create) and arranged for us to stay in two units separated by doors. I felt 100% better and thanked her again and again! Plus the rooms were so neat and clean and comfy-better than I imagined! These ladies know great customer service! They could teach a class on it.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Teeliciousmiss,
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. I will make sure and share your comments with Carmen. She will be so pleased that she was able to make your stay an enjoyable one. I apologize that the third party was not able to work out a better solution when you called with your concerns but I am thrilled we were able to correct it when you called and arrived at the hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels here in Windsor Locks, CT. The staff
from housekeeping to Director of Operations to Director of Sales to Manager
are probably the best that I have seen in a long time.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Thank you for making my stay the best.
Its vey much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Devon S.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your trip advisor review. We greatly appreciate it! We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip. I will share your review and comments with the entire staff. Thank you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was recently pleasantly surprised. I arrived at Candlewood Suites only after realizing everything else in the area was booked. The woman that checked me in was awesome. They have a wheel of fortune type game you play upon arrival. I think I won a $5.00 coupon for the cupboard. Loads of prizes. The Hotel must be a recent renovation because everything is very clean and updated. The room was nice size efficiency with a kitchenette. This place is a hidden gem. I will stay here again. This hotel has made me reconsider Candlewood Suites all together.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Lakisha,
Thank you for posting your Trip Advisor review. I am glad you enjoyed the Priority Club prize wheel. We take pride in our hotel and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you again.

Been to Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!