“Another Candlewood Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Another Candlewood Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I frequently stay at this hotel when I'm working in downtown Hartford and in MA. I have never had any negative issues with this hotel. The rooms are always claen and comfortable. Rarely have I heard any noise from the other rooms. You can't beat being across the road from the airport. You get free DVD rentals too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments and post on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that we are meeting your needs and that we are your hotel choice when visiting the area. Please let me know if there is ever anything we can do to make your hotel experience even better. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've stayed at Candlewood hotels in various places, and have always been pleased. I've stayed at this particular Candlewood a few times over the years, the first time when it was new, and again recently. I was glad to see that they're keeping it in pretty good shape; after all, a hotel CAN get used and abused, but if maintained, they can do ok. The place was clean, and that was my main concern.
I love having the kitchenette and the full-sized refrigerator -- I prefer to prepare my own meals if possible -- I can eat healthier that way, and it's more relaxed as well -- I'm not running all over looking for a place to eat. I can buy something from the Candlewood Cupboard, or I can bring my own, which I tend to do more often than not.
The front desk is always friendly and helpful, they always have plenty of towels, the kitchen has everything you need, there's plenty of parking, and the rates are reasonable. The only negative is that the thermostats are a bit difficult to operate, so it's tough to get the perfect temperature. But other than that, couldn't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our Candlewood Suites. We work very hard to keep our property clean and maintained and appreciate your positive comments. Also, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. I will work with the maintenance team and see if we can have the thermostats regulate with more ease and accuracy. . Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Checkin was good. Small lobby, average decor. Room on first floor. It looked clean, but smelled well used in the room. The bed was like sleeping on the floor. Pillows were lumpy and had an odor. Sign said "house keeping every seven days"--I believe it. The laundry room had free washers and dryers. Fitness room was adequate. My thermostate in my room did not work. I was given the option to move, but it was late--just remained there. I noticed other complaints about the bedding. For the money I will try the Fairfield next time--right down the block.

• Stayed November 2012
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor and let us know that you had less than a perfect stay. I am terribly sorry your experience at our Candlewood Suites was not a better one. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay and allow us to make it right.. Thank you again for responding and I look forward to your call.
J. Corso
860-623-2000
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I work construction and my company sends me all over the country and I have never left a review of a hotel before but I thought I would this time 1st off the staff is great they were very helpful with directions to places eat and things to do also I really like there bulletin board they post the weather and usually have a different famous quote up there anyway I enjoyed the little things they did to make my day a little better and I would just like to say thank you the rooms were very nice and clean and I would have to say it was one of the better places I've stayed

i

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to place this review on Trip Advisor. Our Out and About Board is a new Candlewood Suites signature item and we are glad it was helpful to you. I will be sure to tell our staff how impressed you were with their service. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.
Auburn, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our stay at Candlewood Suites provided just what we needed... a pool for children to exhaust themselves in, kitchen facilities in our room for flexible, family-friendly eating and helpful staff. After checking out and accidently leaving my cell phone charger in my room, when I called over a week later, a helpful staff member located my charger and went out of her way to be sure it was returned to me. I am so grateful to that staff memeber and the housekeeping staff for my left item being found and sent home to me! A refreshing outcome! Thank you Candlewood Suites staff for a great stay and a job well done!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Candlewood Suites on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and that we were able to get you your lost and found item to you. I will be sure to pass on your review to the staff members that handled your lost and found item. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Thank you again.
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you dont want to see surprise charges on your credit card, you'll want to skip this hotel.
We unfortunately stayed for many months at this hotel. Where to start. Biggest problem is after some months of charging us weekly and giving us a reciept for those charges, they decided to just start charging when and what they wanted. We had no idea until we got our credit card statement. Charged us for a week and then charged us 2 days later for another week without our knowledge. Reciepts they were giving us did not match the charges they were putting on our credit card. You think when you get a detailed reciept of charges and days on paper that thats whats being charged? Well not at this place. I'd keep close eye on your credit card charges if you make the mistake of giving this hotel your card.
Not related to this disaster the hotel is marginal. Everyone is freindly except the on staff manager. She was not freindly the day I looked at the room and held true all the way til we checked out. Let me ad, if your a non smoker, go to another hotel also. I was on a non smoking floor and so many times there was smoke coming in from the hall of those who were smoking in there non smoking rooms. The hotels answer to this was spraying
air freshner in the hall and not confronting the guests who were smoking. Housekeeping does not always vacuum there rooms. When they didnt I would go ask to borrow a vacuum and do it myself. Not a big deal, but I'd think vacuuming a room would be "housekeeping 101". We changed rooms at least twice when checking in because of refrigerators that could wake the dead. We finally got tired of changing and learned to leave the tv on so's not to hear the frig and AC.
Maybe a night or 2 is tolerable but if your going to stay for longer and want to be sure what your TOLD your being charged is the same as what your actually BEING charged, avoid this Candlewood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Dee W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. My sincerest apology for the issues you experienced in our hotel. I would love to have the chance to regain your trust in our hotel and would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

Mia R.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Amazing quality of hotel. Great for minimal service though Great Front desk service. Fantastic location across from Bradley Hartsfield Airport and the rental car and long term park and fly spots. Also Airport shuttle great plus. Rooms were large and immaculately clean.Stayed in 305 and it was a large Queen suite room.

Great Stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that your enjoyed your stay and that our location was convenient for you . We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you again.

Been to Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!