If you dont want to see surprise charges on your credit card, you'll want to skip this hotel.
We unfortunately stayed for many months at this hotel. Where to start. Biggest problem is after some months of charging us weekly and giving us a reciept for those charges, they decided to just start charging when and what they wanted. We had no idea until we got our credit card statement. Charged us for a week and then charged us 2 days later for another week without our knowledge. Reciepts they were giving us did not match the charges they were putting on our credit card. You think when you get a detailed reciept of charges and days on paper that thats whats being charged? Well not at this place. I'd keep close eye on your credit card charges if you make the mistake of giving this hotel your card.
Not related to this disaster the hotel is marginal. Everyone is freindly except the on staff manager. She was not freindly the day I looked at the room and held true all the way til we checked out. Let me ad, if your a non smoker, go to another hotel also. I was on a non smoking floor and so many times there was smoke coming in from the hall of those who were smoking in there non smoking rooms. The hotels answer to this was spraying
air freshner in the hall and not confronting the guests who were smoking. Housekeeping does not always vacuum there rooms. When they didnt I would go ask to borrow a vacuum and do it myself. Not a big deal, but I'd think vacuuming a room would be "housekeeping 101". We changed rooms at least twice when checking in because of refrigerators that could wake the dead. We finally got tired of changing and learned to leave the tv on so's not to hear the frig and AC.
Maybe a night or 2 is tolerable but if your going to stay for longer and want to be sure what your TOLD your being charged is the same as what your actually BEING charged, avoid this Candlewood.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks Hotel Windsor Locks
- Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks Hotel
- Candlewood Windsor Locks
- Windsor Locks Candlewood Suites
- Windsor Locks Candlewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks offers guests a comfortable extended stay. Conveniently situated near the Hartford Bradley International Airport, the Candlewood Suites Hotel in Windsor Locks, CT offers easy access to downtown Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA, as well as to top area attractions and businesses. Extended stay guests of our pet friendly Windsor Locks hotel can enjoy spending an afternoon at Six Flags New England or the Eastern States Exposition Grounds. Tours of the historic Mark Twain House, the New England Air Museum and the Springfield Basketball Hall of Fame are also less than 12 miles from our Windsor Locks, CT accommodations. While lodging in Windsor Locks, CT, business-oriented travelers can appreciate our hotel near Bradley International Airport and companies such as Hamilton Sundstrand, Ahlstrom, American Honda and Travelers. To best accommodate our guests' business needs, we offer over 900 sq. ft. of meeting space and a 24-hour business center. During your visit, you can enjoy the comforts of home and the convenience of a regular routine. A complimentary area shuttle and free high-speed Internet access are provided, and an indoor swimming pool, a well-equipped fitness center, a DVD lending library and an outdoor barbecue gazebo are also available on-site. As you plan your trip, we hope you will explore our exceptional Windsor Locks hotel rates and make your reservations with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.