“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were there for 6 flags wich is a 15 minutes ride. Some problems at the check-in but the employee did everything he could to solve the problem. Everybody was very nice, the hotel was full capaxity but we never heard any noise coming from other room or corridor. Breakfast was perfect and good, room was clean and big enough.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute after our flight was cancelled during one of the big winter storms. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, the room was clean with up to date amenities, free wifi, mini fridge. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The hotel offer complementary shuttle service to the airport .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed with a small group over the Memorial holiday weekend and overall had a pleasant experience. However, I was involved in a verbal confrontation with the overnight front desk agent. I could not access my room via the keycard and proceeded back down to the lobby to get the card reprogrammed. No one was present at the desk and finally the agent approached after approximately one minute. Right away she had a bad attitude and did not greet me as the professional 2nd shift front desk agent did when my group checked in. I explained my situation and asked if I could please have my keycard reprogrammed. She rudely asked "Room number?", I told her the room and she snatched the keycard out of my hand and threw it across the desk area approximately 50" or so. Words were exchanged and she threatened me with calling the police. She hurled a few more insults my way and I call her a choice name. I wanted to just go back to my room but she keep on with insulting me. She finally called the police and no further incident occurred as my party and her were just advised to not interact further with each other. Corporate office was informed and they were very helpful in listening to my complaint and did address it with the general manager. Other than this horrible experience with one unprofessional and rude individual, everything else was perfect with the hotel and additional staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HIEBradley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Chris B,
Thank you for contacting us directly and sharing your concerns, as well as sharing your information about your experience here with other travelers. We appreciate that you still had a kind word for the hotel and other Team Members, regardless of your experience with one individual. Our investigation clearly showed that the situation escalated rapidly and while it did include Police involvement- we apologize that our representative acted out of turn with regards to the situation. This individual is no longer a Representative for our hotel.

The Team at the Holiday Inn Express Bradley Airport
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Second time staying here and everything was excellent again. Good clean rooms, great friendly staff and a good breakfast. Great location to the airport and a shuttle to the airport. They do a great job here.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I needed to stay for just one night before heading to Vermont the next afternoon. I arrived around midnight and was greeted by a friendly and efficient front desk person who quickly checked me in, gave me all the necessary details, and facilitated my late check-out request. The room was clean, comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast was a nice inclusion! I will definitely be staying again next time I fly through Hartford! Thanks to all the staff who made my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We Stayed at this Hotel for Wicked Big Meet Weekend (checked in Saturday and Checked out Monday) and it was worth the stay. We book under the WBM Rate for a room with a King Bed and Pullout Sofa. Durning Check In (at 3pm) there was a line (do to it being the WBM Hotel for the weekend), but only ONE Staff member on. The gentleman that was on was very nice, but didn't have a name tag.

The room was a great size and very clean (even though we did find a bobbypin on the floor, which was kind of gross). The bathroom was very large and had a lot of counter space. There is only one light in the bathroom, which made it very dim in the shower. There also was no air vent in the bathroom. I also which the bedroom Window opened up a little more.

The breakfast was the standard (as any hotel), but they had a cool pancake maker that we have never seen before. As we were walking to breakfast the first day (Sunday) it looks like a shift change and the staff that was leaving was rather loud when having conversation and also helped herself to some juice while walking out the door. Coming from a person who works in the hotel buisness, it is a little unprofessional. Breakfast on the last day (Monday) had a few items different from the day before which was nice. The Breakfast attendent on Monday was leaning all over the Island and hollering across the room aswell. Again a little unprofessional.

We did take a dip in the pool on Sunday after a Long day at WBM. It seemed a little chilly since the tempature of the room was 85, but we were a little sunburned. It was very relaxing to take a swim.

While heading to breakfast on Sunday I decied to wrap up the bill, but while I was standing at the front desk the girl leaving from her shift (same person) was conversating with the Front Desk Agent from across the lobby area about how she wasn't going to kill a spider. They kept having converstation while I was standing there going back and fourth about who was going to kill the spider. Both the staff didn't have name tags on either.

Overall the Stay was relaxing and inexpensive, which made the weekend better. I would suggest this hotel and even stay here again if WBM decideds to partner up with the Hotel Again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear SubaruAdventurers11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review. We are very proud of our Team and our hotel- we strive to make every guest stay memorable. I apologize that you did seem to have a small mishap with the room cleanliness- but we do hope that you are able to overlook that and that we proved to be a comfortable accommodation for you that weekend. We do hope to make a connection again to be a host hotel for future events, we look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Kindly,
The Team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

When visiting the New England area we always choose this hotel for our first nights stay when arriving on a late night flight. Always clean rooms and not over priced. We request the same room that has proven to be quiet, considering their closeness to the airport. They are more than happy to oblige us. You don't see that very often. Easy access to the highway and our preferred rental car company is right behind them. Nice all around place to stay.

Room Tip: Back rooms away from the front of the airport.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!