“Holding a conference in CT?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences

You added HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences to your Saves list
HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   383 South Center St, Windsor Locks, CT 06096 (Formerly Bradley Hotel)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Holding a conference in CT?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hillspoint is a mediocre venue for hosting a conference. Nothing special about it. Rooms are fine. There is no restaurant on site. Pizza place is a walk away but it's a 5 mile drive to anything decent to eat which is not what you want to do after driving a couple of hours to get there. They boast "Great Breakfast" but it's the worst I've had. Frosted flakes, Cheerios, stale english muffins and coffee or juice is all they offer.

Lunch for the 100+ attendees was OK until the trays were empty. The wait staff took awhile before refiling them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Norwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would have to say that this is by no means a classy hotel. It is, however, clean and fine for a one night stay. I did not like how there was not any sort of security on the doors leading to the outside. Anyone can walk off the streets and into the bundling. A little creepy. Breakfast was nothing to write home about, but the hotel is so cheap does it really matter of the free breakfast is good or not? Overall, just fine for a quick overnight.

Stayed November 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What hotel in this day and age can get away without providing WIFI for eight days? Checked in on 11/13 out on 11/21 no WIFI and nothing fixed for eights nights!
Could not use my phone, tablet or computer during my entire stay. Staff helpful, but, management did not fix problems during entire stay. INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT???????
Would not recommend to anyone!!!!!!
Takes a lot to aggregate me to the point of posting a review like this! STAY AWAY!!!!!
NW- From MA. And GA.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I booked a room through hotels.com online on November 7, 2014 and checked in that evening. Upon entering the room I noticed a large spot of a bloody substance on the tan blanket and mold in the shower. I immediately called the front desk to let the attendant know and she told me they did not give refunds. I was in the room for all of 10 minutes and went back to the front desk to check out. The attendant told me to call back in the morning to speak to Jany about getting a refund and that she would leave a note on my behalf. I called Saturday morning and had to leave a message because Jany was unavailable (of course). So today, which is Tuesday 11/11 I still had not heard back from Jany. I called again this morning and of course Jany was unavailable and in a meeting. I then called hotels.com customer service to try and resolve it that way. Hotels.com contacted the hotel and the hotel informed them that I stayed in that nasty room the entire night which I did not. I was in there for all of 10 minutes, checked out immediately and went to stay at Motel 6 which I was very satisfied with. I called the hotel back again after getting off the phone with hotels.com customer service and asked why they told them that I stayed all night when I didn't and Jennifer (front desk attendant) stated that she checked me out the next morning....WOW I CAN NOT BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE, WHAT LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I argued with her stating I did not stay in the room all night and she turns around and says that there's no one there to research it and when someone comes in they will look into it and get back to me! Needless to say I am not holding my breath on this one and I have decided to take another route to get a refund. I even told Jennifer that there were other ways I could go about getting my refund and I would also put a review on Trip Advisor and she seemed to care less....so here ya go HillsPont.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
East Windsor, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I cannot BELIEVE the experience I had with this place.

I spent a good chunk of change on a reservation, specifically to take advantage of the ammenities.
The website clearly describes and depicts a hot breakfast, which is the only reason I reserved the room.
When I requested to complain to the management, the receptionist snotilly asked "what's the problem?"
After I explained, she said "Everybody keeps complaining about that, management is aware of it, and they
refuse to change the website. Nothing I can do."

Then it got much worse...

I called and asked to speak with the hotel manager, who started talking over me, would not let me finish my sentence,
kept cutting me off, and tried to tell me that the ammenities advertised were not part of what I paid. Every time I
tried to talk, she kept saying "let me finish" and repeating the same thing over and over. Wouldn't even let
me complete a sentence. When I finally raised my voice so she'd stop talking, she continued
being rude and nasty, telling ME how to speak to her, not letting me talk, and actually hung up on me.
When I called back, the receptionist had the gall to call me "Mr. Nasty" and give me an attitude as well, telling me that the manager who had just hung up on me 30 seconds ago was "not available"

These people are in trouble with the bank and probably won't be around much longer, it shows in the way they just blatantly don't care about their customers.

Unfortunately for them, this is more than a dissatisfied customer, it's a legal issue of false advertising and I will be following up with the
Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Over the road trucker.booked the hotel tjrough hotels.com after seeimg the pictures. Got there and it was awful.was tired feom drivng needed rest got there about 1pm plave was deserted but charged me 30.00 mpre to check in early.no vending machine s ice machines broke.2 big spiders in the tub.place was nasty desk clerk rude as hell and wouldnt refund the money when I told her the place sucked and wanted to leave.breakfast was a couple pieces of fruit and stale bread and doughnuts.mafe my skin crawl staying there.no restaurants or eating places witin 10 miles of place.awful place stay clear.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences? Share your experiences!