“Great option for park and fly!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
connecticut
“Great option for park and fly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Had great experience at Springhill. The best part of our stay is the arrangement with Executive Parking for the park and fly option. We checked into the hotel (Scott was very friendly and helpful), left our car and keys with the front desk, and the car service picked up our vehicle after we checked out! When we return, we go directly to Executive to get out car. Was a wonderful option especially since we needed to run out for a late-night snack!

This morning the shuttle brought us right to the airport. The rooms are clean with many ammenities. Microwave and fridge came in handy.

Highly recommend this airport hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are so happy that the park and fly worked well for you. Please consider us in the future as we look forward to taking care of you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a very nice airport hotel. Check in is always fast and easy. Breakfast is good in the morning, as well as the coffee.
The rooms are great. Clean, comfortable, and the decorating is very new and bright. Lots of towels. I like the couch, but the tv is in a weird place, so you can't really sit on the couch to watch the tv. You have to sit in bed.
The bathrooms..... weird! I like the separate toilet to the shower room. And I like the tiny sink with the toilet, so convenient when you are sharing a room. My two issues with the bathroom - The shower door is such that you get wet when turning on the shower because you have to reach across the showerhead to turn it on. Not a good wakeup call. Also, I hope anyone staying here with someone else is very comfortable with them. The door to the toilet bathroom is sheer and very thin. Meaning.... you can hear EVERYTHING that is going on inside. I could see where that would be very awkward. Also, with the door being a frosted glass or something like that, if one of you goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night, if the sound doesn't wake you, the bright light shining in your face will. Very poor design, who puts a glass door on a bathroom??!!
Its very close to the airport, so of course you will hear airplanes, but that is unavoidable. It is conveniently located, and has a Dunkin Donuts practically in the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. It is our goal to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Windsor Locks!
Lisbon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites while visiting friends. We found the hotel to be very clean and the rooms comfortable. We had a 4th floor room and the first night we stayed there the sounds of the jets flying into and out of the airport woke us up around 4:00 AM. The next night we didn't hear the jets but heard what sounded like small propellor planes in the early morning. I don't think it would be as bad on the other floors as the room was very quiet otherwise. The free breakfast was a hot/cold buffet style. It was adequate and had make your own waffles, bagels, eggs, ham, etc. as well as fresh fruit, juices, danish, cereal and more. The people were very friendly and helpful when we checked in and checked out. They also suggested places to eat that were nearby. We will stay here again when we visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on other floors other than the fourth may be quieter than the fourth floor due to the planes f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy that the hotel fit your needs while you were our guest. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Windsor Locks, CT area.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight out of Hartford and were not expecting much from an airport hotel. This is either a newer hotel or one that has been completely overhauled. The decor was modern and gorgeous. Our room was HUGE and very, VERY clean. The service at the front desk was great, very friendly.

The breakfast in the morning was decent, we were there at the same time as a whole soccer team so it got a little crowded. Bagels, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. Very standard for a continental breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again, it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The only downside is that it is located right next to the airport, so it gets a bit loud when the planes are taking off.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are very happy that we were able to exceed all of your expectations. I will be happy to pass on your positive feeback to my staff. We look forward to having you as a guest real soon.
Syosset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while going to the Big E Fair. It is about 15 minutes away. The hotel is right next to te airport - the only way to get closer would be to sleep on the runway. We stayed for two nights and the only time planes were an issue was the second morning - could feel a small vibration as planes took off.
A woman with a British accent worked the front desk - very helpful and friendly, and extremely chipper (think Mary Popins after a few energy drinks) - which made for a nice welcome.
Rooms are clean. Color scheme of teal/aquamarine bucks the trend of "dark wood / dark colors" but made the whole place feel light and fresh. As another reviewer pointed out, partition glass rattles and sliding bathroom door is a bit weird. The huge shower was nice - glass door and no gross curtain to deal with.
While breakfast was well stocked, garbage could have been emptied more. Only major flaw - they were out of coffie three times, twice each night and once for breakfast. To let two urns of coffee run dry on a sunday morning at 9am is a bit of a problem (thus one star off).
Overall, would stay here again. It was neat, clean, modern, and convenient.

• Stayed September 2012
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. We strive to provide personal and memorable service. I will be happy to pass on your feedback to the entire team.

Thanks again for letting us know that we did a good job for you and we will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Windsor Locks!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I checked in last night and had a great experience! Shaney greeted me with a big smile and warm English accent. She was delightful. In the morning I was greeted by another smiling face, Marty. She was all smiles and was waiting on me during my self service breakfast! What a great surprise. This hotel's service is superb! The rooms are large and very clean. I love the suites. It gave me plenty of room to work. I also love the separate shower and bathroom area. This is one of my favorite brands of hotel. If you have not tried a Springhill Suites, you need to!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
We appreicate you taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. It is our goal to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the entire team.

Thanks again for letting us know you had a great stay. We look forward to having you as a guest again real soon.
northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My 4th stay here for my yearly vacation flying out of Bradley. Each stay was just as good as the previous. Quick check-in, pleasant desk staff. Large, clean rooms. Airport noise not even a factor unless you are outside. Check-out took seconds, with the shuttle awaiting for me at 4AM.
Usually being the only passenger at that time of day, they make you feel special by being ready for you.
Driver even ran inside to get me the newspaper for me to read on the flight. That is customer service!
Marriott profile indicates I prefer high floor rooms, and they assigned me to a first floor room. When I bought this to their attention, it was quickly rectified with a smile.
Coffee & Tea available in the lobby during the day was a plus for me.
Outside grounds clean and well maintained.
Facility opened in 2008, and I ended up here due to my usual hotel being closed for renovations. I was totally impressed and have stayed here since that time. I recommend this property to everyone I know flying in/out of Bradley if they need a stay prior/after their flights.
Even though I use Marriott points for my stay, the rates are a bargain for this well kept and run facility.
I'll be back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the entire team.

Been to SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!