“GORGEOUS hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Cleveland, Ohio
“GORGEOUS hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight out of Hartford and were not expecting much from an airport hotel. This is either a newer hotel or one that has been completely overhauled. The decor was modern and gorgeous. Our room was HUGE and very, VERY clean. The service at the front desk was great, very friendly.

The breakfast in the morning was decent, we were there at the same time as a whole soccer team so it got a little crowded. Bagels, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. Very standard for a continental breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again, it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The only downside is that it is located right next to the airport, so it gets a bit loud when the planes are taking off.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are very happy that we were able to exceed all of your expectations. I will be happy to pass on your positive feeback to my staff. We look forward to having you as a guest real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Syosset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while going to the Big E Fair. It is about 15 minutes away. The hotel is right next to te airport - the only way to get closer would be to sleep on the runway. We stayed for two nights and the only time planes were an issue was the second morning - could feel a small vibration as planes took off.
A woman with a British accent worked the front desk - very helpful and friendly, and extremely chipper (think Mary Popins after a few energy drinks) - which made for a nice welcome.
Rooms are clean. Color scheme of teal/aquamarine bucks the trend of "dark wood / dark colors" but made the whole place feel light and fresh. As another reviewer pointed out, partition glass rattles and sliding bathroom door is a bit weird. The huge shower was nice - glass door and no gross curtain to deal with.
While breakfast was well stocked, garbage could have been emptied more. Only major flaw - they were out of coffie three times, twice each night and once for breakfast. To let two urns of coffee run dry on a sunday morning at 9am is a bit of a problem (thus one star off).
Overall, would stay here again. It was neat, clean, modern, and convenient.

• Stayed September 2012
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. We strive to provide personal and memorable service. I will be happy to pass on your feedback to the entire team.

Thanks again for letting us know that we did a good job for you and we will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Windsor Locks!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I checked in last night and had a great experience! Shaney greeted me with a big smile and warm English accent. She was delightful. In the morning I was greeted by another smiling face, Marty. She was all smiles and was waiting on me during my self service breakfast! What a great surprise. This hotel's service is superb! The rooms are large and very clean. I love the suites. It gave me plenty of room to work. I also love the separate shower and bathroom area. This is one of my favorite brands of hotel. If you have not tried a Springhill Suites, you need to!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
We appreicate you taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. It is our goal to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the entire team.

Thanks again for letting us know you had a great stay. We look forward to having you as a guest again real soon.
northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My 4th stay here for my yearly vacation flying out of Bradley. Each stay was just as good as the previous. Quick check-in, pleasant desk staff. Large, clean rooms. Airport noise not even a factor unless you are outside. Check-out took seconds, with the shuttle awaiting for me at 4AM.
Usually being the only passenger at that time of day, they make you feel special by being ready for you.
Driver even ran inside to get me the newspaper for me to read on the flight. That is customer service!
Marriott profile indicates I prefer high floor rooms, and they assigned me to a first floor room. When I bought this to their attention, it was quickly rectified with a smile.
Coffee & Tea available in the lobby during the day was a plus for me.
Outside grounds clean and well maintained.
Facility opened in 2008, and I ended up here due to my usual hotel being closed for renovations. I was totally impressed and have stayed here since that time. I recommend this property to everyone I know flying in/out of Bradley if they need a stay prior/after their flights.
Even though I use Marriott points for my stay, the rates are a bargain for this well kept and run facility.
I'll be back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hartford Airport SpringHill Suites. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the entire team.

Rockaway, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The SpringHill at the airport had many reasons to earn a good review...but then our stay had too many things go wrong for them to earn anything higher than a poor 2.

Check-in: We checked in at around 12:30 at night. At this time of night, many hotels move slowly, but check-in was very quick. I was given the key to my top floor (per my standing Marriott request) room and went up for a good night's sleep after a long / late drive. I opened the door to the room...and the couch was folded out with sheets on it...Beds were unmade....Room had not been touched since the previous occupant...Hey - at leas the previous occupants weren't still inside....AWKWARD!!!! So back down to the lobby I went where I was given another room...As a Marriott Silver member, I was expecting / hoping at that point for an upgrade for my trouble, but no offer was made. We went up to the room. At first it appeared pretty nice / recently updated / bigger than other SpringHills I've been at. I noticed that the window shades were "messy" / not hanging straight but didn't think anything of it....Before going to bed, we noticed that one of the bed covers had stains all over it...Tossed it on the floor and starting to notice a "mess pattern"....There were ZERO spare electrical outlets at the nigh ttable, so I had to unplug the light to plug in my phone....I also noticed that there were "rat's nests" of electrical wires in two places in the room...I would expect the wires to be neater / placed in conduit so they're not all just hanging there. In the morning, I noticed a few pieces of dirt on the floor (sloppy vacuum job) and some stains on the wall of the bathroom. On the way to breakfast, I also noticed that the three vacuum cleaners I had seen in the hall the night before, were still there...Really starting to see this place as being sloppy / lazy.

Breakfast - This is a busy airport hotel. They had a small serving area for breakfast with one waffle maker. The line was 7 people deep. It's 2 minutes / 15 seconds per waffle plus about 45 seconds to remove / pour the next waffle....20+ minutes waiting for a waffle. No excuse for this busy hotel not to have at least 2 waffle makers. When I got to be first online, I noticed the nylon fork used to remove the waffles was just sitting on the counter. There was no holder for it...After I grabbed the waffle, I went back for some offerings off the buffet - which was out of plates.

Bottom line - A hotel that should have easily rated 4 just didn't live up to expectations and dropped down to 2. I would give them another try as everything other than the breakfast buffet area being too small could be easily corrected.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences your received during your recent stay. We certainly aim to have all of our guests have an enjoyable visit. Feedback like yours is very important so that we can correct these items immediately.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The front desk staff was very friendly and nice. Our check in was very quick and smooth.
We found the rooms to be a good size, the beds were comfortable. Air conditioning kept the room at a comfortable temperature. We appreciated the separate shower and toilet rooms as we were sharing the room with friends. It made it much quicker for everyone to get ready.
The breakfast was as described on the site, while not a restaurant, there were several choices and everyone found enough to eat.
Having never stayed so close to an airport I was concerned about that, and we did have a room on the more airport side, but I wasn't woken by any plane noise. We did have the air running, but I don't think played any role.
The curtains did a good job of blocking out light even in the day.
The location is good, a short drive to jump on the highway, several restaurants in the area.

We did find the shower room floor to be slick when getting out of the shower, so we put a towel down and had no other issues with that.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

We will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Windsor Locks!
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Used some Marriott points last minute for a funeral, two friends and I stayed for 3 nights in mid-July. Found the room to be larger than a standard hotel and I loved the beds, thought they were very comfortable! The only strange thing in the room was a sliding door on the bathroom which did not allow for much privacy. Free breakfast was good, our first morning the coffee ran out and was not replenished quickly, as we had to leave for the funeral...so we waited 15 minutes and finally went to Dunkin Donuts next door to get our morning coffee. (coffee which was horrible, but thats another story!) The woman at the front desk with the English accent is very personable and helpful as was the staff who drive to/from the airport on the shuttle. Free shuttle was another plus. Would stay here again in a heartbeat if in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, which was great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!