“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Windsor Locks
Tampa, Florida
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Very clean,fresh and new. Very large rooms. Close to everything and shuttle to airport. Front desk personnel very nice and friendly. The breakfast was wonderful with so many choices. Nice idea to have food in the lobby that you can microwave if you don't feel like going out. Good choice of drinks that are healthy. The down side is the pool is too small. The bathroom clean to a tee. Everything was spotless. I would come back and stay here again. It is at the end of the strip of hotels so it is easy to get into. I didn't hear anyone while I was in my room. I also didn't hear any planes since they fly in at a different angle. Hall ways are very clean and well lighted. It is a very modern hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I've stayed here a few times before.
Location is ideal for the airport, just around the corner from the car hire locations.
No real issues with noise (inside or outside) but you are next to the airport so you will hear the odd plane flying in however it's not a busy airport through the night and I've never been woken up due to this or road traffic.
Staff are very helpful & friendly, although no restaurant on-site they are always willing to help with recommendations for local eateries or take-away deliveries.
Breakfast is provided, although not substantial it is enough to get you started for the day, plenty of cereal, yogurt, bagels etc. with a couple of hot items.
Room are a good size, fridge & microwave provided (pizza, popcorn etc, available downstairs). a good seperate sitting area & desk for working is provided.
Beds are comfortable.
TV has a very good selection of channels.
As mentioned by previous reviewers, the shower/sink room is seperate from the toilet, both are decent sized and work well.
Cleanliness in this hotel, both bedroom & public areas, is very good.
Don't think it's too well publicised, but they do a welcome event on Wednesdays, just a few beers and nibbles but handy, especially if you are there for the week.
They have a couple of computers downstairs available for surfing/mail/boarding cards.
Also a pool & fitness centre, but I cannot comment on those ......
Dunkin Donuts next door for a great coffee also :-)
I'll definately stay here when in the area again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Burlington, VT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We needed to spend a night near BDL due to a 6am flight the next day so picked this based on strong TA reviews. It is a fairly basic property with a comfortable enough, clean, spacious room. The biggest problem was noise: our room faced the street and between the constant flow of street traffic noise combined with occasional taking off and landing of planes I found it hard to sleep. There was also an excessive amount of hallway noise so apparently they didn't do such a good job with sound insulation when they built this property. The immediate neighborhood is quite bleak - an old industrial landscape, airport hotels, fast food chains, etc. Our room had an outstanding view of the back of the Dunkin Donuts next door. Don't expect any New England charm in these parts.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is new facility which is a clean and nice place to stay for a few days. I stayed here for 29 days straight for work purposes. If it was a four day stay or less this place is great. The only reason I have so many critiques is the fact that I pretty much lived here for one month. It lacks some of the comforts you need for a long term stay but is very good for a shorter stay. If you have to catch a plane to the airport it is SUPER close and they have one shuttle on request (call ahead).

Food – Complimentary hot breakfast. There are two hot items daily which are egg and meat. It is either a round egg disc or scrambled eggs. The meat is either a sausage patty or Canadian bacon. There will NEVER be regular bacon. There are muffins and bagels but never square bread for toast. Apples will pop-up every now and then. There are waffles, cereal, and yogurt. This breakfast is great for 3-5 days or a short trip. There is a manager's reception on Wednesday's. This involves chips, trail mix, beer and wine. There is a pantry to purchase some microwave items.

There is laundry on-site of one washer and dryer. There is a gym which is large and spacious. There are two treadmills. One has a TV that doesn’t work and the other has a broken suspension system which is not good on the feet and makes too much noise. As a runner I was disappointed and did not like this gym. There’s a couple of ellipticals and a recumbent bike. This is a glassed area so there is no privacy. The pool is adjacent so people working out have a view of the pool. As others stated it is fairly small. I would have used it but for the fact that it is also a glassed area. There is no privacy and you are clearly visible from the parking lot, hall, and gym. They should frost the glass. At least do a faux frost. The business center consists of two computers in the lobby area of which only one can print.

Room- It is a pretty comfortable room. It has a swivel flat screen TV which has MTV, VH1, two HBO’s, and three Showtime’s!!!! I can’t tell you how great it is to have pretty much every channel I watch. It is a full cable line-up with Comedy Central, HGTV, A&E, Bravo, E!, Spanish channels, and everything. This is a big positive and made up for so many other things. I can tell you good luck getting these channels at several of their local competitors. The room is one big space that is divided by a desk as someone’s photo shows and the same exact layout as any other modern Springhill. There is an L-shape couch that actually was clean. The desk is comfortable to work at and has a faux – Herman Miller chair which is nice. The internet speed is okay. You can usually stream video without too much delay or lag. It’s not cable but it’s certainly not dial-up. The bed is comfortable but there are no available feather pillows – which I like. Every now and then you can hear through the walls. I had a neighbor for two days that played really good acoustic guitar at 6am. I could hear the guitar and singing. I could sometimes hear my neighbors TV if I turned mine off or the AC wasn’t running. Of course, I do wake up at that time so it wasn’t a big deal. Every now and then you could hear noisy people in the hall. The window does open a little bit which is nice. The planes weren’t an issue for me because this airport just isn’t a relatively busy airport outside of core hours. It might be one an hour at the most during the nights and hours I was there. I slept well but my AC would wake me up every now and then.

There is the “kitchen” area which is a microwave and fridge. The fridge is less than knee height and does not have a freezer. It’s a lot of room though. I was able to get eight soda cans, 12 waters, sandwich stuff, salad stuff, and a few jellos and fruit cups in there. The dishware is paper plates and an individually wrapped silverware pack. I found my housekeeper only restocked that about every three – four days so I grabbed several plates and plasticware from the breakfast. They include two actual glasses and a coffeemaker and coffee stuff.

There is a separate water closet (toilet) with sink and a sink with the shower. I can see where that would be really convenient for a couple staying there. It is a standup shower. This was my only cleanliness issue. The area where the shower pan meets the tile always had the same mold and mildew. The lady never bothered to just spray it with tilex. One good spraying would have taken care of it. There is also a problem with lots of water getting out of the glass enclosure and leaking all over the floor in there. It’s nothing that an appropriately placed towel won’t fix. They give you non-brand shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. You will sporadically get a face-wipe/make-up remover. There is a blow dryer.

Parking is not an issue. It’s right next to a Dunkin Donuts and across the street from a McDonald’s. A food truck sets-up in the empty lot next door which is actually really good and hearty food. It can get really busy, too. There are several places to eat nearby. There’s a Target and grocery store about 5 minutes away. There is easy access to the interstate as well.

I did have an issue once with security. I forgot to take my room key one night at midnight when going out to my car. I came back in and spoke to a desk clerk I had never met and was given a room key without asking my name, confirming info, or driver’s license. I even had my DL in my hand. She was indeed a very nice woman and super friendly but she shouldn’t have given me a room key like that. The sales manager I spoke to pretty much brushed it off with a “we’ll bring it up to the staff” comment.

Room Tip: The "adjoining" room type is significantly larger than a standard room. There are a few of...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. We try to accomodate all our guests. I have passed on your good advise to my managers to make the hotel even more enjoyable. We hope you will be able to come visit us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011 via mobile

Wonderful stay. This hotel has very modern, large rooms. Breakfast is fantastic. Fridge and microwave in room came in very handy. The only down fall is the pool is really small. But other than that no complaints!

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you very much for your positive response. We hope you will be able to come and stay with us again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were down in the area for Big E and all the Springfield Mass hotels were so expensive. Only a short drive south and we got a room for half the price of the downtown hotels.

The room was comfortable and the breakfast was just right. Only issue was the size of the indoor pool. Could of been a little larger. At one point there was 20 kids in this one small pool.

But I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you so much for your response. We hope you will come back and stay with us next year.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have stayed here six times in the past year. It has always been a good experience. I have stayed in six different rooms on different floors (high and low), all are clean and well maintained. The hotel is only a few years old. The staff has been friendly and I have never had any problems. I've stayed there in the middle of a major winter storm and they kept the sidewalks and parking lot clear of snow.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is the room is divided into seperate sitting area and sleeping area by a large work desk with a room divider. There is a kitchenette area with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom is a little unusual, it split with one small room with a toilet and small sink and a larger room with a full vanity sink and very nice shower. Standard rooms do not come with a tub but there are rooms with tubs available upon request.

The free breakfast is okay but not great. Not a great variety, it would nice if they had more fresh fruit available. Choice of hot food is usually eggs and sausage patties. The best part is the make your own waffle, but I love waffles.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come stay with us again.

Been to SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!