“fantastic beachfront” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingos Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chuburna
Flamingos Inn
You added Flamingos Inn to your Saves list
Calle 5 no. 508, Chuburna 97320, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Chuburna B&B and Inns
chicago
“fantastic beachfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had never visited this area north of Merida and enjoyed the easy-going atmosphere of the neighborhood and the color of the ever-changing ocean was also a big plus. The owner is incredibly helpful and makes your visit enjoyable without the overbearing nature of some b&bs. Our unit was on the top floor and very comfortable. We only had two nights but look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: we stayed in the penthouse and the view was fantastic on all sides. I am sure all the units are nice...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our stay at Flamingos Inn was only one night, but it was very special, thanks to owner / host Stig. The building and rooms are charming, the Gulf breezes wonderful. Stig is the perfect host, and after chatting with him over dinner, I felt as if he were an old friend. I fell in love with the greyhounds Alex and Charlie, and the sweet shy little Mexican street dog Cannella. Thank you Stig, for making the drive from Cancun worth it! Linda Rink

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was making a whirlwind trip around the western Yucatan on a property search. When I finally arrived at the gorgeous Flamingos Inn, my whole demeanor changed. It was like right then, I knew that this area was for me. Stig became our immediate friend and his knowledge and wisdom really helped me during my searches with the real estate agent. He was able to enlighten me on issues I would have never even thought about. Thank You Stig!! Also, I was very comforted by - and made to feel quite at home by - his 2 beautiful Greyhounds and his sweet mutt dog. Although Stig was very cautious about not letting them intrude on our space, I begged him to let the dogs hang out with us. So he did, and they were delightful. I always need a dog fix when I'm traveling away from my canine kids. But don't worry. If you don't like being around dogs, Stig will keep them in their own space and away from you. But my advice is to embrace those sweet animals. :-) The decor, ambiance and comfort level of the inn are more than you could ever hope for. When I buy a place down there, I hope to hire Stig as my design consultant on any and all upgrades and renovations!! It was stunningly beautiful. The colors, detailed tile work, design affects and the overall planning and use of the space was so impressive. He left no stone unturned. Stig's food and hospitality made you feel like royalty. Wish I was back there now!!!

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in the Mar - the entire 3rd floor. Fabulous terrace overlooking the ocean...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

After my third visit I still consider it my absolute favorite place in Mexico. I first came with my husband on a Yucatan discovery trip and then twice alone to relax, read, swim - all alone on the beach! - far away from the noise of Mexico City. I love the decoration, the comfort of the rooms, the atmosphere of the property and Stig's welcoming and friendly manners. He knows how to be present, to give you privacy and make you feel at home. I can't forget to mention the creative and delicious breakfast that makes you forget about having a lunch.
You can stay at Flamingo Inn while visiting Yucatan or just for a retreat on the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, so don't be worried if the penthouse is not available!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
flamingosinn, Owner at Flamingos Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! You are the best guest one can ever dream of having, and I enjoyed your visits so much. I miss our conversations, excursions and the great dinner you made for me :-)
Un abrazo
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This totally awesome Inn was the highlight of our six weeks travelling around the Yucatan. The owner Steig is a fantastic host, who made us the best breakfasts and was such a kind and interesting person. We met great people staying here from around the world and thoroughly enjoyed all of the quiet relaxing and hanging in the hammocks, lounging by the pool, watching the sunsets, listening to the ocean from our beautiful private suite, walking the beach with Alex, Charley and Canella, and best of all sleeping each night in the top quality bed, very much like our bed at home. The restaurants in the area offer incredible food at very reasonable prices, and we loved how close we were to Merida, where we went to visit and tour around often. We will be back again next year, thank you dear Steig, for completely spoiling us! Marie and Malcolm Bell

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marie and Malcolm,
Thank you so much for your nice review! I miss you here! You are the nicest people, and I can hardly wait to see you again! In the meantime - take care both of you! Hugs
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the quiet laid back atmosphere of Flamingos Inn. This small quaint property is the perfect seaside retreat for relaxation or anyone visiting Merida and wanting to be away from the hustle of the big city.

Stig, the owner is a very gracious host and makes a great breakfast and keeps the property in immaculate condition.

If you are visiting the area its great for a few nights or for the week.

• Stayed April 2013
flamingosinn, Owner at Flamingos Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thanks a lot for your review and for your stay here! You and Kemb were great guests and I hope we´ll meet again in Riviera Maya - maybe for scuba diving? Take care!
Los Gatos, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This beautiful inn in the Yucatan is out of the way, but is well worth the trip. The warmth and friendliness of Stig is unsurpassed. He provides knowledge and help with any needs or questions.The grounds are well kept, the food is delicious , and the rooms are lovely. The rooms are spacious, extremely comfortable and a joy to spend time in.

We enjoyed watching the surf from our king-size bed. We were able to visit Merida, other colonial towns, a cenote, and archeological sites. We spent 2 days of our week at Flamingos relaxing and swimming in the ocean. There are excellent seafood restaurants in nearby towns. We had ceviche and wonderful fresh grouper.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingos Inn? Share your experiences!