“Clean updated room, big breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor

You added Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor to your Saves list
Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Dunfey Lane, I-91 at Bloomfield Ave, Windsor, CT 06095   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Hanover, Massachusetts
“Clean updated room, big breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

My son and I stayed here overnight while attending a tournament in the Hartford area. The hotel itself is located in Windsor, a suburb of Hartford and about 7-10 minutes from the center of the city. We got a group rate of $79.00 for the night, which was a substantial discount over their usual prices from what I can tell.

The rooms seemed to have been recently tastefully redecorated - ours was clean and well-kept. We got in late, and had to settle for McDonalds for dinner, because there is nothing else right nearby. We brought our food back to the hotel, which included a fairly well equipped kitchen. Although we did not attempt to do so, it appeared as though we could have made a meal or two easily. We did use the new microwave and the nice big fridge, and found them to be seemingly brand new and in great working order. The bathroom was clean and the dressing area was spacious. Our only complaint - the door to the lavatory did not open and close well - the foundation must have settled!

I slept in the double bed and my son slept in the pull-out couch bed. The double bed was "tired" and could stand to be replaced. My son said the couch pull-out was "awesome" - I think he was just happy to have the whole big (full size, I think) bed to himself! We were glad that it was just the two of us in the room - if my daughter and husband had been with us, I think we would have found the suite to be a bit small for four. The beds were small and there was not a lot of "living space" once the pull-out couch was opened.

The free full buffet breakfast in the morning was served late - 20 minutes past the posted start time, but included eggs and sausage and gravy and biscuits, as well as make your own belgian waffles and plenty of fruits and some of the more standard hotel breakfast items (coffee, donuts, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc.). We left there later than we had hoped, but fully stuffed and ready for the day!

All told, our stay at the Residence Inn in Windsor was very good. My son thought it was one of the better hotels we have ever stayed in and wanted me to rate it "excellent". I'm a little more spoiled, I supppose, so I give it an "above average", with a parting comment of "I'd come back here anytime!"

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)

Been to Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor

Address: 100 Dunfey Lane, I-91 at Bloomfield Ave, Windsor, CT 06095
Location: United States > Connecticut > Windsor
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor 3*
Reward and rejuvenate yourself with a stay at the Residence Inn Windsor. Come experience our newly revitalized rooms. The Residence Inn is quietly nestled away on a tree lined residential street. Our guests can enjoy a free full hot breakfast buffet every morning. Join us Monday through Thursday for our evening social, which includes soda, wine, beer and dinner. Treat yourself to a stay at the Residence Inn, where we provide Service So Memorable!!!! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor Hotel Windsor
Residence Inn Windsor
Windsor Residence Inn

If you own or manage Residence Inn Hartford / Windsor, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.