“Good food every time!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Hartford
“Good food every time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I have been to Nat Hayden's several times..............never disappointed.I have had pulled pork and beef brisket-both are soooooooo tender-melts in your mouth. My husband's favorite are the ribs-he says the sauce flavor is cooked thoroughly thru the meat. We enjoy going on the weekend, it's great to sit outdoors and enjoy the good weather. We brought home a menu,so when we need to get take-out-Nat's will be our first call.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Monroe, New Jersey
“Holy Pig!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you're looking for linen tablecloths and fine china dinnerware, this is not the place. [Sturdy] cardboard plates, plastic utensils, and lacquered wood tables are what you get. But the meal! After reviewing the menu for a minute or so, I walked up to the counter and ordered the pulled pork platter. In the time it took me to choose a beverage, the meal was placed on the counter. McDonald’s and other fast food eateries could learn some things here.

Half the plate was piled high with meat, which was tender and came with enough sauce that I didn’t need to add any from the selection available at the table. As if that were not enough pork, the serving of beans had its own supply as well. I chose collard greens as my other side—always a risky choice. But they were deliciously seasoned, so no regrets. A chunk of cornbread literally topped off the meal. I left comfortably full and very pleased. I suppose if I wished to leave uncomfortably full, then I should order “The Whole Hog” which includes a half rack of ribs, pulled pork, and Andouille sausage.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans area
“Eat there regularly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was working out of town and stumbled on to this place, I am from the south and know what good BBQ is. It is a hidden gem, I highly recommend it. If you know what real competition BBQ is supposed to look and taste like, you will be very satisfied.

Visited March 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
“Good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good selection and huge portions! Small dining area; take out works well; nice bottled beer selection too.

Visited February 2013
Windsor, Connecticut, United States
“Ho Hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you're looking for barbecue and you don't cook it so well then this place will be o.k. for you. I like pulled pork and I feel it just isn't served hot enough. Don't like cold food. It's o.k.