“Don't bother” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 49 restaurants in Willimantic
Connecticut
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I stopped by for dinner. She had a 12 oz rib steak ($14), I tried the meat loaf ($9). The preceding salads were a few bits of iceberg, a slice of tomato, and not muchelse. They and the OK rolls (at least warm) were the highlights of the meal. My meat loaf seemed more breadcrumbs than meat, and its consistency was, well,squishy. My wife's steak was stringy and flavorless. The accompanying baked potatoes were OK, but then bakers are hard to hurt. The green beans that came unbidden were canned. Ugh. The service was indifferent. When I asked about the American chop suey, I was told, "Its macaroni, hamburg, and sauce." Inspiring! I passed. Perhaps aware of the cuisine's quality, our server did not bother to ask if we wanted coffee or desert. She did, however, finally notice my empty water glass and inquire if I wanted a refill. With a couple of beers the bill plus tip was about $38. We should've gone to Taco Bell.

• Visited May 2012