“We Loved It!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Meriden, Connecticut
“We Loved It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After eight years of living in the area and whizzing by this place at the top of the Berlin Tpke, we finally gave it a try, and I'm glad we did! I don't understand how another reviewer said it's tired and needs a makeover, but I loved the decor. The ceiling is high and airy, and the upstairs dining area is accented by graceful columns and lovely moldings. The staff was welcoming and friendly from the beginning, and they actually recited the PRICE of the daily specials without our having to ask. The menu is extensive and quite innovative. I chose my favorite chicken francaise with a twist: an orange brandy cream sauce. Honestly, I LOVED it!! The meal included soup or salad (I had marvelous clam chowder) and lots of veggies with a side of pasta. The cheesecake was homemade and wonderful. All in all, we had a wonderful meal here, and I can't wait to go back and order the same dish. It's a very pleasant place to have a nice meal with great, friendly, and efficient service. Highly recommend!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Durham,CT
“BRUNCH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Elaine's IS A NICE PLACE FOR YOUR BRUNCH. The food is good and priced right for what they serve. Have been coming here for years. I would loke to see the menu change once in awhile.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newington, Connecticut
“Brunch after funeral service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We needed a place (last June 2011) to have my dad' funeral brunch. They have a small room off of the dining roon that was perfect for about 40 people or so. They set up a buffet and could not have been nicer....especially since it was such a sad occasion for us.

Food was average to very good and that was all we were looking for. Convenient to the Newington Memorial Funeral Home where the funeral was held.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, KY
“Good food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was passing through, staying in an adjacent motel. This is an upscale restaurant. I had a glass of wine and a grilled chicken Caesar salad. They were excellent, and the rest of the menu looked good.

Visited June 2012
“Great Salads”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

No atmsophere, nice staff. The place just feels old and tired and in need of a make over. I would go back but not the top of my list. It is too bad they can't give this old girl the make over she needs.

Visited February 2012