“They are getting better every year!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Delray Beach, Florida
“They are getting better every year!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have stayed here years ago and came back to spend a couple of weeks before Christmas in Westport.
The room we had was very clean and the staff were very nice, efficient and could not do enough to help us.
I love the lobby as that is where I spent a lot of time due to the location of their business center.
Their shuttle really helped us out as we did not have a car and there was no charge!
You can tell they are making an effort.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The good news is this place is very convenient to Westport and I got a good rate online and the beds were quite good but they don't have a free breakfast and the outdoor entrance to the rooms is difficult to deal with during the freezing CT winter. Also I had to wait for the room to be ready even though I arrived after 3 pm.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your remarks on our convenience to Westport and comfortable beds, we’re proud to be able to provide relaxed accommodations in such an amazing community. Also, Bistro B, our hotel’s restaurant, offers breakfast served à la carte 7 days a week from 7am-10am (as well as a brunch from 7am-3pm on Sundays) and our hotel rooms come with complimentary Seattle’s Best Coffee. I do apologize for the wait you experienced at check-in as well as the chilly conditions outside that made the outdoor entrances more difficult to deal with. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Aspen, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Westport Inn for one night while attending a nearby wedding this fall.

The property is an old school roadside inn that looks like it had a face lift in the last 5 years or so and the public area seemed well appointed for what it was and their obvious desire to become more of a boutique rather than a generic overnight inn.

We didn't have high expectations, just a comfortable and clean room to get shower and get changed in before the wedding.

The room we received was oddly shaped and cramped even for our modest expectations.

Adding to our frustration the bathroom was poorly appointed.

It seemed as though the properties "renovation" was very much superficial.

These were actually small inconveniences and not huge complaints given the properties scope and our expectations.

Our big problem was that the heat in the room was not functional. We contacted the desk and they informed us it was being looked at. We got ready in the cold and on our way out the desk told us that someone was working on it and that it wold be fixed before we got back from the wedding.

We came back home from the wedding and the heat was still not operational. After about an hour and two calls an attendant came by with a space heater.

Things happen and things break. The response was not top notch but not horrible either.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay at The Westport Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room layout and heating issues you experienced on your recent visit. I appreciate you being understanding that things happen, but that does not make it any less frustrating to lose heat, especially with the low temperatures we've been facing. I am truly sorry that your experience was not up to par and I have shared your feedback with my general manager, chief engineer and front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Westport.

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I am part of an organization that held an event at the Westport Inn a few weeks ago and it went incredibly well. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The venue was spotless and beautiful. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Dear Client:

I really appreciate the kind comments, we do have a lovely facility that is very versatile to hold almost any kind of events. I will share your feedback with our staff as they rally take pride in their work.
If there is ever a need for future events, feel free to contact us and we will be thrilled to host it for you.
Happy Holidays,

Nora M. Gomez
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

The Westport Inn has been around a long time. We stayed in a King room with exit directly to exterior. Room was small, but comfortable. Updated and clean. This is not the Ritz, but the reasonable rates reflect that. On night one, we experienced a heat issue which was accordingly addressed on night two. We will be back because it is a very convenient, safe and comfortable place to sleep while in the Westport area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2014

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I have relatives in Westport, and needed a place to stay while visiting them. The last time I visited, I stayed in Norwalk at the Hilton Garden Inn, which I chose based on reviews here (it was great). This time, I decided to cough up a few extra bucks and have the convenience of being in the town I wanted to be in, rather than a twenty-minute drive away. My experience was okay, I guess. I stayed in the back building, on the first floor. There were noises in the night--you can hear stuff from the hall. The room doesn't feel luxurious at all, but it's clean enough. Beds were okay. The folks on here who have said the hotel seems like a glorified motel more or less have it right. Our second night, there was a bar mitzvah going on in the building, and the parking lot was full. I did find a spot; in the morning I realized that I'd used a handicapped one. No ticket, though, so I'm not complaining. The little restaurant they have served up a decent if somewhat pricey breakfast. In the end, I had no real complaints. But if you are picky, you will probably find something here to dislike. It's not a great hotel. It happens to be--I think, anway--the ONLY hotel in Westport. Which is kind of weird. I do recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Norwalk. That place, even with its unspectacular location, is doing a really nice job, and feels much newer and fresher. The breakfast there was first-rate, too.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Westport Inn. I'm glad that our central location in Westport made for a more convenient visit. I do apologize for the lack of parking and any inconvenience this may have caused. I have asked our Sales Team to explore options for social event reserved parking in order to ensure our hotel guests are always accommodated. In the interim, we have secured parking next-door at Willows Pediatrics so that event-goers have a place to park without inconveniencing our guests. I hope you'll join us again during your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Stayed here with my family to attend an event on site in the ballroom. Our room in the back building was large and comfortable. Fitness room was great along with breakfast in the attached restaurant. Would stay here again. Wicker chair at desk in our room was not functional for working on the computer.

Stayed October 2014
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! I'm so glad to hear you found our accommodations comfortable and our 24-hour fitness center useful. We will definitely be using your feedback to make improvements and do everything possible to create a superior experience for all of our guests. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!