“An Old Stand-By in the Middle of the Action” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“An Old Stand-By in the Middle of the Action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Westport Inn has been around a long time. We stayed in a King room with exit directly to exterior. Room was small, but comfortable. Updated and clean. This is not the Ritz, but the reasonable rates reflect that. On night one, we experienced a heat issue which was accordingly addressed on night two. We will be back because it is a very convenient, safe and comfortable place to sleep while in the Westport area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 5 days ago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have relatives in Westport, and needed a place to stay while visiting them. The last time I visited, I stayed in Norwalk at the Hilton Garden Inn, which I chose based on reviews here (it was great). This time, I decided to cough up a few extra bucks and have the convenience of being in the town I wanted to be in, rather than a twenty-minute drive away. My experience was okay, I guess. I stayed in the back building, on the first floor. There were noises in the night--you can hear stuff from the hall. The room doesn't feel luxurious at all, but it's clean enough. Beds were okay. The folks on here who have said the hotel seems like a glorified motel more or less have it right. Our second night, there was a bar mitzvah going on in the building, and the parking lot was full. I did find a spot; in the morning I realized that I'd used a handicapped one. No ticket, though, so I'm not complaining. The little restaurant they have served up a decent if somewhat pricey breakfast. In the end, I had no real complaints. But if you are picky, you will probably find something here to dislike. It's not a great hotel. It happens to be--I think, anway--the ONLY hotel in Westport. Which is kind of weird. I do recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Norwalk. That place, even with its unspectacular location, is doing a really nice job, and feels much newer and fresher. The breakfast there was first-rate, too.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Westport Inn. I'm glad that our central location in Westport made for a more convenient visit. I do apologize for the lack of parking and any inconvenience this may have caused. I have asked our Sales Team to explore options for social event reserved parking in order to ensure our hotel guests are always accommodated. In the interim, we have secured parking next-door at Willows Pediatrics so that event-goers have a place to park without inconveniencing our guests. I hope you'll join us again during your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here with my family to attend an event on site in the ballroom. Our room in the back building was large and comfortable. Fitness room was great along with breakfast in the attached restaurant. Would stay here again. Wicker chair at desk in our room was not functional for working on the computer.

Stayed October 2014
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! I'm so glad to hear you found our accommodations comfortable and our 24-hour fitness center useful. We will definitely be using your feedback to make improvements and do everything possible to create a superior experience for all of our guests. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon!
South Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

That's right, after driving 4200 miles, and staying at all sorts of "random" hotels off I-95, most in the $70 range, the Westport Inn was the worst place we stayed at.

What a disappointment. We are actually natives of Westport and have since moved away, but back in the area for vacation. We wanted to patronize our "hometown inn," rather than staying close by in the neighboring towns. Our room (king bed, in the back) was ok. Sort of dated and the walls weren't quite clean, stained a bit, and the carpet also stained. But that was relatively acceptable - the bathroom was not. The bathroom was literally falling apart: wallpaper buckling from the walls, walls very stained and dirty, shower and tub were very old and some areas "painted" white over the fixed and stained areas, the nail holes in the trim were not puttied, tub was sort of "skeevy"; basically, it looked like my great grandmother's bathroom at her never-updated old house in Brooklyn. What a shock. Never have I ever stayed anywhere in my life with such conditions.

The A/C did not work well, for it was humid and warm, much warmer than it was outside. To have a small fridge brought to the room it as $25. And the best, there was hardly any cell service in the room. If you wanted to make a call, you had to stand out in the parking lot.

The real kicker came our first full day there. We returned from a day out, at about 6pm, to find the room not cleaned, bed unmade, with no towels or anything left for us. We called the front desk the girl was confused and asked what about it wasn't clean. We had to explain that the room was UNTOUCHED and now we had a messy room, overflowing garbage cans, and no clean towels. We also said we were coming back to shower for dinner and now with no towels. She asked if our Do Not Disturb sign was up. No. Of course not, we answered. She asked if we wanted to move rooms - to one with two queen beds. We said no - who wants to move a room for one more night? And with a smaller bed? She still tried to get us to move and then finally asked if we wanted to see if she could find someone to clean. We said, no, we couldn't wait around all night waiting for someone to clean and, besides, who wants to have their evening disturbed by some late night cleaning crew? At that point we told her just to send towels.

Nearly 40 minutes later, someone knocked on the door. "I was at the wrong room," the gentleman exclaimed. "What do you all need?" After hearing our answer, he left and came back a half hour later with some towels. Over an hour for the whole process, and of course we wound up being late for dinner.

Our whole stay there (2 nights) we kept saying, I can't believe this place. And especially can't believe it was Westport. I am not exaggerating when I say that we stayed in over 12 hotels, right off the interstate - La Quinta, Quality Inn, etc. All about $65-70. And all blew this place away.

The morning of check out, when the AC still wouldn't get below 76 degrees, we told the girl our experience, and she asked us if we wanted a free breakfast that morning. We politely declined.

No thanks, Westport Inn. What a disgrace. And, IRONY, it was the priciest hotel by far on our trip. Double the others. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you leaving feedback on your recent stay at the Westport Inn. We take pride in our quaint Inn and friendly staff, but it appears we fell well short of your expectations, as well as our own. The lack of communication and thoroughness on our Housekeeping associates was unacceptable, and I have personally alerted our Supervisors to the blatant oversight. We've introduced new interdepartmental communication protocols to ensure all rooms are serviced promptly and so new staff members are better informed to avoid similar situations in the future. If your travels bring you back to Westport, I would invite you to contact me directly to arrange a complimentary stay to show how your comments have made an impact on our hotel and staff. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

My husband and I were in Westport for a family event and seeing that The Westport Inn was the #1 hotel in Westport, we booked for 2 nights. We were surprised it seems to be the only hotel in Westport too. We usually look for IHG hotels but none were found here. Warm reception at front desk and clear instructions about our stay. First impressions of room were they are small with no chair other than wicker desk chair. Nice king bed but TV was issue all stay. Trying to turn on and stay on was an issue. On site restaurant was a little pricey, 2 coffees was $6.50 (black). Many other restaurant choices close by. Bobby BBQ was awesome with great value.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I am happy to hear you received a warm welcome & clear instructions from our front desk staff and I will certainly be sharing your honest feedback with our restaurant's ownership.

Kind Regards,

Nora Gomez
2035578125
fairfield county, ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

The Westport Inn is just an average hotel with potential, but sad that they don't put in that extra effort. Here are the positives and negatives (unfortunately, for most of the positives, there is a negative linked to is - which is why it is a shame they can't make it better.

Pros:
Hotel room was very big and clean. We were in the "deluxe" or back building so I don't know about the "classic" rooms - I read they are not as nice, so perhaps be careful. The TV was also large for an average hotel, which was good. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. Lobby and common areas were nice.

Cons:
Directly on Route 1/Post Road so not a "pretty area". Room needed more furniture and lighting for its large size. Even though it was "deluxe" and "newly renovated", the paint was already peeling in various places. TV was satellite/dish so each time you changed the channel it took 20 seconds for the new station to come on - a bit frustrating. Pool area was dirty and temperature was too cold.

So overall, the stay was just so-so. If you get a good deal, it might be worth it for a clean comfortable stay, but if you find a better price at the other chain hotels in Norwalk, you might like it better.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear you found our front desk staff very nice and accommodating and I thank you for being honest in your review of our rooms and amenities. We are constantly striving to improve our property and your comments will aid us in doing just that.

Nora Gomez
2035578125
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

We stayed in the Westport Inn for 3 nights. We chose the hotel for the proximity to an event we were attending. We were very disappointed with this hotel. The room was dated and had no sitting chair. The pillows on the bed were terrible but luckily we had our own. The bathroom had black spots on the ceiling. They only supplied 1 creamer for the in room coffee maker. I complained 2 consecutive mornings and the response was we'll take care of it. They never did. Perhaps worst of all we were there on a weekend. We returned to the hotel at 11:00 and I spent 15 minutes circling the lot trying to find a parking spot. After finally snagging a spot as someone pulled out, I asked in the office. The response I got was a rather snotty "we have a wedding!" which I interpreted as the wedding is what's important not a hotel guest. I will not return to this hotel even though I am a faithful Choice Hotel customer.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
We appreciate you sharing your recent experience at the Westport Inn. I am very disappointed to see that your stay was not up to expectations and deeply apologize. We are constantly improving our processes and protocols based on guest feedback and have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping and our Front Desk associates in terms of thoroughness and customer service. The fact that parking was not available for you as a guest is unacceptable, regardless of private events taking place at the Westport Inn. We are currently revising our event policies to ensure our guests are accommodated when parking -- we have even made an agreement with the Pediatrician's office next door so that we can have use of their parking lot during events so as to not take away from guest parking. We value all of our guests, especially loyal Choice customers. I do hope you'll stay with us again to see firsthand how your comments have made an impact on the Westport Inn.

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!