“Small quarters, no heat” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Portland, Maine
“Small quarters, no heat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm in a room with a king bed and little else. One chair-- a wicker desk chair, and that is it. I'm alone, but wondering how two people would fit. Room was serviced at 3:30 pm--kind of late. It is late September-- certainly not frigid, but my home furnace kicked in two weeks ago given the cooler temperatures we've been experiencing lately. Heat has not been turned on here, so the room is at a cool 65 degrees. I'd definitely prefer it warmer. I'm here for a conference, but would not come here on my own after this experience.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for the "deluxe" building. The alternative is anything but deluxe.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Westport Inn used to be a standard roadside motel - with external stairs leading to rooms opening on balconies. There are still some rooms with that set-up, but the Inn has been transformed, especially by the construction of a deluxe second building with larger rooms that are extremely well laid-out, spacious, and comfortable. It is not expensive by urban standards, but is a very high-quality hostelry with wifi, an indoor swimming pool, exercise facilities, and all kinds of other goodies. A delightful stopover for a visit to Connecticut's upscale Fairfield County

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to stay in the deluxe building.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora_Westport, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westport Inn. Since 1960, our quaint Inn has been welcoming guests to coastal Connecticut and has evolved throughout the years to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again!

Warm Regards,
Nora Gomez, General Manager
Fiscardo, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the hotel for a family wedding. The group rate made it an acceptable value. Had I been paying the rack rate I would have been quite upset. We were in the building right on the Old Post Road. It was noisy from the street and the people above us. The room was a decent size but the bathroom was TINY. The couch was frayed. The desk was literally tucked into the closet. The lighting made it very depressing and dark to have to work there as I did one afternoon. We went to the wedding on Saturday evening and came back and there was no parking. I talked to the front desk and they said it was a very busy night for them as they had a Bar Mitzvah. They assured me that the event would end in an hour or so and then I could park! Seriously they wanted me to wait an hour in my car and then park. I ended up taking the last handicapped space and calling it a night. Also they are understaffed in housekeeping. We left our room at 7:30am and came back at 2:00pm and our room was still not cleaned.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the new section, NOT in the rooms facing Old Post Road. Ask to be on second floor other...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on the Westport Inn. I do apologize for any noise that disrupted your stay. I am dismayed at the lack of parking you encountered and have asked our staff to look into parking practices to ensure that our guests are not inconvenienced by events. We do take all comments to heart and use them when evaluating our procedures and associates. If your travels bring you back to Westport, I would invite you to join us again to see how you have made an impact on our team.
Warm Regards,
Nora Gomez, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Westport Inn likes to think of itself as a hotel, but I found it to be a more upscale version of a motel. The lobby is lovely, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the entire property offers free wifi which really comes in handy. Having just traveled for business as well, I can say The Westport Inn has incredibly comfortable beds -- even more comfortable than a big city luxury hotel. I had mixed reactions with the front desk service. One representative answered about five phone calls while checking me in (how about just helping the customer in front of you?) while another (I think a manager) was extremely on the ball and even printed off the day's train schedules when I asked when the next train to NYC was. I found the location fine: close to a few chain restaurants but not in the charming downtown part of Westport. That said, I'd recommend The Westport Inn to those traveling to CT.

Room Tip: If staying in the front building, ask for one of the rooms on the far ends. They come with an extra...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear KyChi: I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property on trip advisor. I am glad you had a comfortable stay and at the same time I appreciate the feedback about the front desk service. I will share your comments with the department as it could only make us improve and grow.
I hope you come back to stay with us soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had two great weeks at Westport Inn this Summer. The room was spacious and clean with comfy beds. All the staff I met were so friendly and nice, helping me with everything I needed. Can highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor in the rear building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Marge:
It makes my day to know that your stay was enjoyable. We have a great team at the front desk and customer satisfaction is our main priority.
I thank you for recommending us and hope you come back to stay with us soon.

Best Regards,

Westport, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live in Westport, CT, and when friends and family visit beautiful Westport, they stay at The Westport Inn, where they are graciously welcomed and well taken care of. The manager, Nora Gomez, made sure our guests were welcomed royally - they were greeted on arrival and their luggage was carried to their room. Their accomodation, as always, was large, beautifully appointed, and comfortable. The dining area and food were also excellent. And the town offers golf, tennis, beautiful beaches, charming restaurants and boutique shopping. We thank Nora Gomez for being so helpful and gracous and for making our guests feel 'at home' here in Westport.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and accomodating. The delux rooms are more luxurious and larger than the st...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hi Sheryl:
I am so glad your guest were happy with their stay. Your comments are very kind and appreciated. Feel free to contact us whenever you have guests visiting you again.
Best Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay. The moment you walk in it's pure New England. A cozy fireplace in the lobby and a chic bistro off to the side. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and eager to assist. The room we had was clean and well appointed. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job taking care of us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear John: I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have received great service from my front desk and housekeeping staff. I will make sure I share your kind comments with them, it means a lot to us. We would love to have you back so make sure you reach out to me whenever you are in need of a hotel room. I will gladly assist you.
Thanks again,
Nora M. Gomez

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!