“Not your average roadside motel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
boston
“Not your average roadside motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Westport Inn used to be a standard roadside motel - with external stairs leading to rooms opening on balconies. There are still some rooms with that set-up, but the Inn has been transformed, especially by the construction of a deluxe second building with larger rooms that are extremely well laid-out, spacious, and comfortable. It is not expensive by urban standards, but is a very high-quality hostelry with wifi, an indoor swimming pool, exercise facilities, and all kinds of other goodies. A delightful stopover for a visit to Connecticut's upscale Fairfield County

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to stay in the deluxe building.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora_Westport, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westport Inn. Since 1960, our quaint Inn has been welcoming guests to coastal Connecticut and has evolved throughout the years to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again!

Nora Gomez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fiscardo, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the hotel for a family wedding. The group rate made it an acceptable value. Had I been paying the rack rate I would have been quite upset. We were in the building right on the Old Post Road. It was noisy from the street and the people above us. The room was a decent size but the bathroom was TINY. The couch was frayed. The desk was literally tucked into the closet. The lighting made it very depressing and dark to have to work there as I did one afternoon. We went to the wedding on Saturday evening and came back and there was no parking. I talked to the front desk and they said it was a very busy night for them as they had a Bar Mitzvah. They assured me that the event would end in an hour or so and then I could park! Seriously they wanted me to wait an hour in my car and then park. I ended up taking the last handicapped space and calling it a night. Also they are understaffed in housekeeping. We left our room at 7:30am and came back at 2:00pm and our room was still not cleaned.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the new section, NOT in the rooms facing Old Post Road. Ask to be on second floor other...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on the Westport Inn. I do apologize for any noise that disrupted your stay. I am dismayed at the lack of parking you encountered and have asked our staff to look into parking practices to ensure that our guests are not inconvenienced by events. We do take all comments to heart and use them when evaluating our procedures and associates. If your travels bring you back to Westport, I would invite you to join us again to see how you have made an impact on our team.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Westport Inn likes to think of itself as a hotel, but I found it to be a more upscale version of a motel. The lobby is lovely, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the entire property offers free wifi which really comes in handy. Having just traveled for business as well, I can say The Westport Inn has incredibly comfortable beds -- even more comfortable than a big city luxury hotel. I had mixed reactions with the front desk service. One representative answered about five phone calls while checking me in (how about just helping the customer in front of you?) while another (I think a manager) was extremely on the ball and even printed off the day's train schedules when I asked when the next train to NYC was. I found the location fine: close to a few chain restaurants but not in the charming downtown part of Westport. That said, I'd recommend The Westport Inn to those traveling to CT.

Room Tip: If staying in the front building, ask for one of the rooms on the far ends. They come with an extra...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had two great weeks at Westport Inn this Summer. The room was spacious and clean with comfy beds. All the staff I met were so friendly and nice, helping me with everything I needed. Can highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor in the rear building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Westport, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We live in Westport, CT, and when friends and family visit beautiful Westport, they stay at The Westport Inn, where they are graciously welcomed and well taken care of. The manager, Nora Gomez, made sure our guests were welcomed royally - they were greeted on arrival and their luggage was carried to their room. Their accomodation, as always, was large, beautifully appointed, and comfortable. The dining area and food were also excellent. And the town offers golf, tennis, beautiful beaches, charming restaurants and boutique shopping. We thank Nora Gomez for being so helpful and gracous and for making our guests feel 'at home' here in Westport.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and accomodating. The delux rooms are more luxurious and larger than the st...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay. The moment you walk in it's pure New England. A cozy fireplace in the lobby and a chic bistro off to the side. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and eager to assist. The room we had was clean and well appointed. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job taking care of us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear John: I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have received great service from my front desk and housekeeping staff. I will make sure I share your kind comments with them, it means a lot to us. We would love to have you back so make sure you reach out to me whenever you are in need of a hotel room. I will gladly assist you.
Thanks again,
Nora M. Gomez
Rockland, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

About 6 weeks ago I stayed here and woke up the next day with bites all over my body-they weren't bed bugs possibly spider bites? They were bad enough I went to urgent care because I had about 20 of them and they were red and swollen. I called the hotel who never offered an apology and no manager ever called me- only the insurance company. I get they have to protect them but an apolgy or atleast some concern from management would of been nice. I didn't pursure any kind of claim and chalked it up to being a freak thing. That was until this week. I stayed at the hotel again and when I woke up in the morning I found bed bugs crawling on my bed. I was covered in bites from my ear all the way down my arm and on my fingers. This were bed bugs FOR SURE. i went down to the front desk were the supervisor who was on feigned empathy for my situation. I could of made a big deal but I was very careful that no other guests heard what I was saying. The supervisor told me they usually don't have problems "in that room" (so I guess the bigs are just in all the other rooms?) Now-I still was not that upset- the supervisor told me to email my doctor bill from the LAST time I got bit and she would take care of it. I did this on Friday but recieved no email or phone call back. Now, you would think, when a guets gets bitten by bed bugs (a regular guest at that- I had been staying there once a week for work) the GM would call or email to offer an apology. NOPE-NOTHING. When I hadn't heard anything over the weekend (which BTW I spent trying to relieve the itching and burning from the bites), I called the GM, Norma Gomez, on Monday and left her a message. I recieved no call back. The supervisor I orginally dealt with emailed me sayinf "oh didn't the claims person get in tuch with you??" i emailed her back to tell her how appalled i was with how they were handling this situation. I never recieved a call or email back. When I called the hotel later- both were gone for the day (no wonder the hotel is so terrible when the GM and supervisor never work apparantly). The desk person told me she had no contact information for a district manager or a corporate customer service. I was disgusted by the bed bigs by I am even more disgusted by the complete lack of care or concern. It would have been nice for the GM, Norma Gomez, to take some intrest in the situation and tell me what she was doing to remedy it. I can only guess from their response that bed bugs are a regular occurance at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Nora_Westport, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as well as speaking with me on Friday. As I stated during our conversation, I do apologize for our lack of communication on this matter. The service you experienced is in no way indicative of how I manage the hotel. I care deeply for all of our guests and I train my staff to do the same, but in this instance, mistakes were made and I am truly sorry. In regards to bed bugs: like every hotel, we have processes in place to prevent the presence of pests to the best of our ability, and monitor and treat buildings and grounds with regular monthly visits from our pest elimination company. Your experiences at the Westport Inn have prompted me to increase communications in regard to our regulations and procedures for the cleaning and inspection process. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write this review and will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Nora Gomez, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!