“A wonderful place. Staff is geat!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Westport
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A wonderful place. Staff is geat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a great place to stay. The moment you walk in it's pure New England. A cozy fireplace in the lobby and a chic bistro off to the side. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and eager to assist. The room we had was clean and well appointed. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job taking care of us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rockland, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

About 6 weeks ago I stayed here and woke up the next day with bites all over my body-they weren't bed bugs possibly spider bites? They were bad enough I went to urgent care because I had about 20 of them and they were red and swollen. I called the hotel who never offered an apology and no manager ever called me- only the insurance company. I get they have to protect them but an apolgy or atleast some concern from management would of been nice. I didn't pursure any kind of claim and chalked it up to being a freak thing. That was until this week. I stayed at the hotel again and when I woke up in the morning I found bed bugs crawling on my bed. I was covered in bites from my ear all the way down my arm and on my fingers. This were bed bugs FOR SURE. i went down to the front desk were the supervisor who was on feigned empathy for my situation. I could of made a big deal but I was very careful that no other guests heard what I was saying. The supervisor told me they usually don't have problems "in that room" (so I guess the bigs are just in all the other rooms?) Now-I still was not that upset- the supervisor told me to email my doctor bill from the LAST time I got bit and she would take care of it. I did this on Friday but recieved no email or phone call back. Now, you would think, when a guets gets bitten by bed bugs (a regular guest at that- I had been staying there once a week for work) the GM would call or email to offer an apology. NOPE-NOTHING. When I hadn't heard anything over the weekend (which BTW I spent trying to relieve the itching and burning from the bites), I called the GM, Norma Gomez, on Monday and left her a message. I recieved no call back. The supervisor I orginally dealt with emailed me sayinf "oh didn't the claims person get in tuch with you??" i emailed her back to tell her how appalled i was with how they were handling this situation. I never recieved a call or email back. When I called the hotel later- both were gone for the day (no wonder the hotel is so terrible when the GM and supervisor never work apparantly). The desk person told me she had no contact information for a district manager or a corporate customer service. I was disgusted by the bed bigs by I am even more disgusted by the complete lack of care or concern. It would have been nice for the GM, Norma Gomez, to take some intrest in the situation and tell me what she was doing to remedy it. I can only guess from their response that bed bugs are a regular occurance at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Nora_Westport, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as well as speaking with me on Friday. As I stated during our conversation, I do apologize for our lack of communication on this matter. The service you experienced is in no way indicative of how I manage the hotel. I care deeply for all of our guests and I train my staff to do the same, but in this instance, mistakes were made and I am truly sorry. In regards to bed bugs: like every hotel, we have processes in place to prevent the presence of pests to the best of our ability, and monitor and treat buildings and grounds with regular monthly visits from our pest elimination company. Your experiences at the Westport Inn have prompted me to increase communications in regard to our regulations and procedures for the cleaning and inspection process. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write this review and will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Warm Regards,
Nora Gomez, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Saddle River NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Traveling through Connecticut can be a hassle on rt 95, but this hotel is very convenient and comfortable, we did not use the pool, we did not use the bistro to eat in but both were okay We did ask for a second floor location with a quiet area, and were pleasantly surprised to have our room ready before three o'clock which was great as our church wedding was at 3 30 .You can take both exits 17 and also 18, which is the more direct one to this hotel. Plenty of places to eat here near the hotel to grab a bite but we went into town and were pleased with our choice of eatery..PS if you call the day before and find out status you might get a room ready early as check in is at three. Lovely amenities in the room, including a great AC system. Parking is available underground which is great if it is hot, your car will not be.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor in the back area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest:
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property in trip advisor; it means a lot to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the underground parking garage, it is definitely a plus when it is hot outside, it is convenient during the winter as well. It is great to know that my staff was able to accommodate an earlier check in that allowed you time to get ready for your event.
Hope to see you again soon.

Nora M. Gomez
Plainview, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We are locals who were not staying at the hotel but decided to try their restaurant, Bistro B, for Sunday brunch. We walked in right when they opened, when there were literally no customers. There was no one to greet us and no sign saying whether to seat yourself or wait to be seated.

From behind the bar a server barked at us "Do you have a reservation?" When we said we didn't, she asked if we would eat at the bar. When we said we'd prefer a table, she got irritated and told us we'd have to wait for service. (This whole conversation was going on with her behind the bar, us standing in the doorway, shouting back and forth across an empty restaurant.) Another couple walked in, also without a reservation, and then she got REALLY irritated and was even ruder to them. Sorry to make you do your job, lady. (Note to the management: you should really get rid of this staff member, she does not belong in the service industry.)

Apparently Bistro B books up with reservations made by overnight hotel guests and can't always accomodate walk-ins. We never would have expected this, as the hotel/restaurant is on a remote stretch of Route 1 and doesn't seem that popular or well-known. Eventually a more pleasant woman seated us and served us coffee, but unfortunately the rude woman was our waitress. The menu was fairly limited and the food was only so-so . However the coffee was good and they had an impressive do-it-yourself Bloody Mary bar.

While we ate more people began to filter in and seat themselves (again, because there was no host or hostess and no sign telling customers what to do). The ones without reservations were chastised as if they were supposed to know you can't just walk into a restaurant and order food. As there are loads of better places for brunch in Westport and Norwalk, we'll leave this one to the hotel guests and will not be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, Bistro B- Restaurant owner at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for your comments. As always we take these comments and review with our staff weekly. This can only make us better..thanks again for the input.
I would like to personally invite you back to show you how your comments made a positive impact on Bistro B .Feel free to contact me on my cell.

Steven M. Montello
Cell 203-943-8166
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. Hotel has older building facing street and newer addition in back. Guests who stayed in the old/front building complained of thin walls and waking up to a neighbor's hairdryer and traffic from the busy street. We stayed in the back/newer building and slept peacefully. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room in the back/newer building!!

Room Tip: Rooms in back/newer building are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I'd like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Westport Inn. As Westport has evolved over the last 40 years, the Inn has as well. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the distinguishing characteristics between our original and more recent buildings and am pleased to hear that our guest rooms set further back on the property met your expectations. I hope that your enjoyable visit to Westport means we will see you again in the future! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Westport Inn.

Be Well,

boston,ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night and wish I had read the tripadvisor reviews before I went. My first room opened to the outside walkway with overhang so room was very dark with small window. You have to keep curtains closed or everyone who walks by can look in. I upgraded (for a lot more money) to a room in back building with interior hallways. These rooms are much nicer and very large. I was pleased there was a small refrigerator but the room could use better lighting. The light bulbs are very low wattage so not bright enough for reading. Floor lamp was broken and leaning over. There was a huge stain on carpet in front of the door and there was a loud humming noise from HVAC vent in bathroom. For the money, it would have been nice to offer a complimentary breakfast. My floor was very quiet at night and the hotel is near many shops and restaurants. I did not see the pool or gym but could be a nice extra for families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent trip to the Westport Inn. I am glad that our associates were able to accommodate your request to change rooms, although I would have preferred that our front desk waive the additional charge at that time. I will look into refunding the difference in room fees and please contact me personally for further discussion at ngomez@westportinn.com. I am disappointed to hear that the level of housekeeping was far below our standards and have alerted our supervisors to perform more thorough inspections before releasing rooms for guests. Should your travels bring you back to Westport, I invite you to contact me personally to make arrangements for your accommodations at the Westport Inn to ensure that all your expectations are exceeded.

Be Well,

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Growing up in this town I have seen The Westport Inn go through many changes. The beds are clean and so are the rooms due a recent renovation but when I stayed there the heating system was not working properly and my room ended up being 99 degrees. Obviously I didn't sleep. To me, a hotel shouldn't wait for you to ask for a fan when they know they have this problem. They should have brought one up to me the minute I checked in. I've never found this hotel to be a great or even good hotel. I still hold to my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
My sincere apologies for the uncomfortable temperature during your recent stay at the Westport Inn. Our Front Desk Associate should have offered to transfer you to a room in our rear building at no additional charge. Thanks to your feedback, I have set this policy in place during the summer months, when availability allows, to ensure all guests are comfortable while staying at the Westport Inn. I do hope you'll visit us again during your next trip to Westport. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything you would like to discuss.

Many thanks,

Nora Gomez, General Manager

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!