“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Westport
Saddle River NJ
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Traveling through Connecticut can be a hassle on rt 95, but this hotel is very convenient and comfortable, we did not use the pool, we did not use the bistro to eat in but both were okay We did ask for a second floor location with a quiet area, and were pleasantly surprised to have our room ready before three o'clock which was great as our church wedding was at 3 30 .You can take both exits 17 and also 18, which is the more direct one to this hotel. Plenty of places to eat here near the hotel to grab a bite but we went into town and were pleased with our choice of eatery..PS if you call the day before and find out status you might get a room ready early as check in is at three. Lovely amenities in the room, including a great AC system. Parking is available underground which is great if it is hot, your car will not be.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor in the back area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest:
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property in trip advisor; it means a lot to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the underground parking garage, it is definitely a plus when it is hot outside, it is convenient during the winter as well. It is great to know that my staff was able to accommodate an earlier check in that allowed you time to get ready for your event.
Hope to see you again soon.

Nora M. Gomez

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Plainview, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are locals who were not staying at the hotel but decided to try their restaurant, Bistro B, for Sunday brunch. We walked in right when they opened, when there were literally no customers. There was no one to greet us and no sign saying whether to seat yourself or wait to be seated.

From behind the bar a server barked at us "Do you have a reservation?" When we said we didn't, she asked if we would eat at the bar. When we said we'd prefer a table, she got irritated and told us we'd have to wait for service. (This whole conversation was going on with her behind the bar, us standing in the doorway, shouting back and forth across an empty restaurant.) Another couple walked in, also without a reservation, and then she got REALLY irritated and was even ruder to them. Sorry to make you do your job, lady. (Note to the management: you should really get rid of this staff member, she does not belong in the service industry.)

Apparently Bistro B books up with reservations made by overnight hotel guests and can't always accomodate walk-ins. We never would have expected this, as the hotel/restaurant is on a remote stretch of Route 1 and doesn't seem that popular or well-known. Eventually a more pleasant woman seated us and served us coffee, but unfortunately the rude woman was our waitress. The menu was fairly limited and the food was only so-so . However the coffee was good and they had an impressive do-it-yourself Bloody Mary bar.

While we ate more people began to filter in and seat themselves (again, because there was no host or hostess and no sign telling customers what to do). The ones without reservations were chastised as if they were supposed to know you can't just walk into a restaurant and order food. As there are loads of better places for brunch in Westport and Norwalk, we'll leave this one to the hotel guests and will not be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nora G, Bistro B- Restaurant owner at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for your comments. As always we take these comments and review with our staff weekly. This can only make us better..thanks again for the input.
I would like to personally invite you back to show you how your comments made a positive impact on Bistro B .Feel free to contact me on my cell.

Steven M. Montello
Cell 203-943-8166

Travelers are raving about these Westport hotels

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for a family wedding. Hotel has older building facing street and newer addition in back. Guests who stayed in the old/front building complained of thin walls and waking up to a neighbor's hairdryer and traffic from the busy street. We stayed in the back/newer building and slept peacefully. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room in the back/newer building!!

Room Tip: Rooms in back/newer building are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I'd like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Westport Inn. As Westport has evolved over the last 40 years, the Inn has as well. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the distinguishing characteristics between our original and more recent buildings and am pleased to hear that our guest rooms set further back on the property met your expectations. I hope that your enjoyable visit to Westport means we will see you again in the future! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Westport Inn.

Be Well,

boston,ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for one night and wish I had read the tripadvisor reviews before I went. My first room opened to the outside walkway with overhang so room was very dark with small window. You have to keep curtains closed or everyone who walks by can look in. I upgraded (for a lot more money) to a room in back building with interior hallways. These rooms are much nicer and very large. I was pleased there was a small refrigerator but the room could use better lighting. The light bulbs are very low wattage so not bright enough for reading. Floor lamp was broken and leaning over. There was a huge stain on carpet in front of the door and there was a loud humming noise from HVAC vent in bathroom. For the money, it would have been nice to offer a complimentary breakfast. My floor was very quiet at night and the hotel is near many shops and restaurants. I did not see the pool or gym but could be a nice extra for families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent trip to the Westport Inn. I am glad that our associates were able to accommodate your request to change rooms, although I would have preferred that our front desk waive the additional charge at that time. I will look into refunding the difference in room fees and please contact me personally for further discussion at ngomez@westportinn.com. I am disappointed to hear that the level of housekeeping was far below our standards and have alerted our supervisors to perform more thorough inspections before releasing rooms for guests. Should your travels bring you back to Westport, I invite you to contact me personally to make arrangements for your accommodations at the Westport Inn to ensure that all your expectations are exceeded.

Be Well,

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Growing up in this town I have seen The Westport Inn go through many changes. The beds are clean and so are the rooms due a recent renovation but when I stayed there the heating system was not working properly and my room ended up being 99 degrees. Obviously I didn't sleep. To me, a hotel shouldn't wait for you to ask for a fan when they know they have this problem. They should have brought one up to me the minute I checked in. I've never found this hotel to be a great or even good hotel. I still hold to my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
My sincere apologies for the uncomfortable temperature during your recent stay at the Westport Inn. Our Front Desk Associate should have offered to transfer you to a room in our rear building at no additional charge. Thanks to your feedback, I have set this policy in place during the summer months, when availability allows, to ensure all guests are comfortable while staying at the Westport Inn. I do hope you'll visit us again during your next trip to Westport. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything you would like to discuss.

Many thanks,

Westport, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My son, daughter-in-law, and grandchild, who are from San Diego, as well as some relatives from Roslyn, NY, stayed at The Westport while visiting me in Westport. The rooms were large and comfortable and the ambiance charming. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the restaurant excellent and the location of the hotel conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and recreation. My family will be visiting again this summer and they are looking forward to staying at this lovely hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Westport Inn. I'm so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed our convenient location, relaxed accommodations and an atmosphere that is reflective of Westport's way of life. On behalf of our entire hotel team, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming your family back this summer.

Nora M. Gomez
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This place was advertised as a Groupon getaway. While the lobby has been renovated, the rest of the place is a run-down flop house like motel in the middle of nowhere. This is no romantic getaway. We heard cars wizzing by all night. The air conditioner was not yet turned on. The vending machine was out of order. We wanted to go bike riding and only one was available.
We asked the desk to call a cab to take us to a restaurant. When we got there is was closed.
I complained the next day as to why the restaurant is listed in their book and the clerk didn't know it was closed. I was told it was two towns away.

If you want to sit outside, the tables are almost in the parking lot. If you don't have a car, you will spend a good sum of money on cabs.

Needless, we checked out the next morning. We are putting the charges in dispute with Groupon.

Room Tip: I cannot say anything good about this place.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!